PDA

View Full Version : Paul Newman dies...

Neil
27-Sep-2008, 03:44 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7639614.stm

MikePizzoff
27-Sep-2008, 05:00 PM
RIP, Paul.

Luke will forever be one of the coolest characters ever.

EvilNed
27-Sep-2008, 05:07 PM
No matter what anyone says, he was a great actor.

Neil
27-Sep-2008, 05:39 PM
No matter what anyone says, he was a great actor.

I don't anyone would say anything otherwise would they?

zombie04
27-Sep-2008, 06:36 PM
I'll be watching the Sting tonight for sure. Great actor and class act.

AcesandEights
27-Sep-2008, 06:50 PM
Heston and Newman in one year...this blows :(

R.I.P. sir.

bassman
27-Sep-2008, 07:11 PM
Damn. Another great one gone.

Kinda strange that they just announced Cars 2 and he passes a few days later...

DawnGirl27
27-Sep-2008, 08:35 PM
We seem to be losing many of the "greats" - actors/actresses from back when - people who were not just a role but truly incredible people, besides. It's sad to hear when another one dies; there just aren't a lot of young stars out there today who will be able to leave such legacies as Newman and the other greats who have gone before him have... :(

Neil
27-Sep-2008, 09:04 PM
We seem to be losing many of the "greats" - actors/actresses from back when - people who were not just a role but truly incredible people, besides. It's sad to hear when another one dies; there just aren't a lot of young stars out there today who will be able to leave such legacies as Newman and the other greats who have gone before him have... :(

Kirk Douglas soon I fear :(

Bub666
27-Sep-2008, 09:26 PM
I just heard about this like a minute ago.He was a great actor.This is very sad news,he will be miss.:(

MaximusIncredulous
27-Sep-2008, 09:40 PM

Yeah they're all going (inevitable really, but what can you do?) and there's no one left behind to fill the void. Oh well :(, guess it's time for me to whip out The Towering Inferno, grab a bag of Tostitos, and drown them in some Newman's Own Salsa. Heh, one of the few actors you can pay tribute to by watching his films AND eating his food at the same time.

DjfunkmasterG
28-Sep-2008, 12:26 AM
Doing a Newman Marathon tonight.

Towering Inferno
The Hustler
Color Of Money
Nobody's Fool
Cool Hand Luke

Already watched Nobody's fool Color of Money and The Hustler... Popping in The Towering Inferno now.

DAMN, this sucks. That man was the single reason I enjoyed cinema. He was talent, a great talent and its another dark day in cinema land

Wahsleety
28-Sep-2008, 01:24 AM
The wife and I will be watching Butch and Sundance do what they do tonight!
One of my favorite actors ever.

Neil
28-Sep-2008, 09:00 AM
Sounds that he was a bit of a Heston in many ways... Absolutely solid in character and did not let the vices of Hollywood taint his personal life... A generous and committed family man...

RustyHicks
28-Sep-2008, 11:26 PM
Sad news. A brilliant actor, classic movies
and what talent the man had.

I'll be watching Inferno tonight as well

Bub666
29-Sep-2008, 01:27 AM
I had a Newman Marathon today.These are the movies I watched.

Cool Hand Luke
Towering Inferno
Color Of Money
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid