PDA

View Full Version : BBC's new Merlin series...

Neil
29-Sep-2008, 11:42 AM
Not very impressed really, given the scale of the project. The scripts are a bit lacklustre and predicatable. And some of the characters are just dull really...

I'll give it another episode or two, and if it doesn't improve, give up...

MinionZombie
29-Sep-2008, 06:07 PM
Had absolutely no interest in seeing it, still have no interest.

We saw an advert for it in the cinema a couple of weeks back, and we just all got disturbed by the "shhh...keep the magic" line ... which in our group has since taken on a far more disturbing and dirty-minded vibe, haha.

Just trying to acquire the success of Doctor Who, that's what it feels like to me.

Danny
29-Sep-2008, 06:23 PM
i honestly only watch dr who on terrestrial tv, freeview and sky for me, though i dont watch too much tv nowadays anyway.

We saw an advert for it in the cinema a couple of weeks back, and we just all got disturbed by the "shhh...keep the magic" line ... which in our group has since taken on a far more disturbing and dirty-minded vibe, haha.

your reminding me of that trailer before tropic thunder "satans alley" "ive been a very naughty boy fa'dder...":lol:

Tricky
29-Sep-2008, 06:57 PM
I wont watch it,i gathered from the advert its full of those people talking in THAT voice,you know the one,that "mummy sent me to acting school" voice,same as doctor who,it really grinds my gears :mad:

Danny
29-Sep-2008, 08:25 PM
I wont watch it,i gathered from the advert its full of those people talking in THAT voice,you know the one,that "mummy sent me to acting school" voice,same as doctor who,it really grinds my gears :mad:

you mean like ralph whatsisname who swears its pronounced "wraith"?:rolleyes::lol:

MinionZombie
29-Sep-2008, 08:41 PM
you mean like ralph whatsisname who swears its pronounced "wraith"?:rolleyes::lol:
Actually it's pronounced "Rayfe" :p:D

10 seconds into the ad, all I could think about was Dr Who - and Merlin desperately wanting to fill Dr Who's pants.

Indeed.

haha, Satan's Alley ... :D

Neil
30-Sep-2008, 11:00 AM
I hope the new 'Survivors' series doesn't turn out to have this wishy-washy-ness...

MinionZombie
30-Sep-2008, 12:33 PM
I hope the new 'Survivors' series doesn't turn out to have this wishy-washy-ness...
You know why the Beeb puts out these wishy-washy scripts?

The BBC is filled with Labourites. :elol:

Tricky
30-Sep-2008, 05:37 PM
You know why the Beeb puts out these wishy-washy scripts?

The BBC is filled with Labourites. :elol:

You sir are correct!
Going off topic,have you read Al Murrays new "book of british common sense"?i think you'll like it!its all about proper britishness and is very funny :D

MinionZombie
30-Sep-2008, 05:41 PM
You sir are correct!
Going off topic,have you read Al Murrays new "book of british common sense"?i think you'll like it!its all about proper britishness and is very funny :D
lol, no doubt that's something I'd enjoy. Good old Al Murray! :D

I see snippets of his talk show now and then, and there's usually a really good slice of British-observation comedy when I turn on, you can really sense the venom if you know what I mean.

As for the BBC and their claim of being "impartial" ... don't make me larf, yeah. :rockbrow:

Tricky
30-Sep-2008, 05:49 PM
He really,really dislikes the french,all through his book theres that usual british knocking the french (and the germans,greeks,italians,spanish) that we brits love :lol: pick it up if you see it,its well worth a read! :D

Danny
30-Sep-2008, 06:03 PM
i read one bit in that in a bookstore that said something like "and of course we rewrote the laws to allow illegal immigrants in, that way we get all the polish, and therefore great plumbers and roofers, and theres also no reason for germany to get jealous of poland and have another go, win-win", pub landlords some funny as hell satire on "britishness", but ive got freinds , mostly freind of freinds who lean a little on the racist sexist side who think thats what this guy is like all the time off camera as well.

this guy who did documentaries for the history channel, somehow i doubt pub landlord would go down well talking about Germany.:lol: