PDA

View Full Version : Obama / McCain Debate.

darth los
29-Sep-2008, 05:00 PM
I was wondering who caught this and what was your reaction. The this that stuck out and definitely didn't sit well with me is how McCain didn't once look at Obama to even acknowledge his presence. It was really condescending. What do you guys think that was about?

To my suprise I thought McCain Handled Himself really well. The reps are still going down though.

SymphonicX
29-Sep-2008, 05:03 PM
Would be interested to see this, but at the same time I'm really tired of hearing about it. I kinda wish the world wasn't so ****ing dependant on America so we could just say "screw it, get into and out of your own problems"....truth is, whoever wins this seat will indeed pretty much be ruler of the world, which don't bode well with me.

Danny
29-Sep-2008, 06:14 PM
i caught a little and its easy to see obamas a better public speaker, mcain kept looking at his crib notes and fumbling slightly,i dont think he came off as well as obama who seemed much more confident, out of the two i cant say that mcains handling of the thing inspired confidence in him being a possible leader of one of the most powerful countries in the world.

Tricky
29-Sep-2008, 07:01 PM
I'd be more inclined to trust mccain though,he's lived a life & experienced the real world!obamas just a typical sickly smooth career politician in my opinion,much like tony blair,all spin & smiles,no substance or clue

SymphonicX
29-Sep-2008, 07:13 PM
I'd be more inclined to trust mccain though,he's lived a life & experienced the real world!obamas just a typical sickly smooth career politician in my opinion,much like tony blair,all spin & smiles,no substance or clue

You're kidding right? The dude will end the ****ing world mate. He's a war-ruined psychopath that still refers to Vietnamese as "gooks".

And Sarah Palin? she likes running, so she called her son "track"....

Well I like wanking, so I guess I should call my kid "tugger"....jesus.

zombie04
29-Sep-2008, 07:38 PM
I think it was a terrible debate. Both candidates danced around the economy for the first half not saying anything about what they'd do and for the second half they just did quick back-and-forths with nothing of substance coming out of it. McCain did better than I expected he would as he appeared to have life in his words while Obama just appeared uncomfortable in the setting. At the end of the day I'd say it was a tie, and a rather boring one at that. But if I were to pick a winner, it would easily be the moderator who was getting irritated they weren't answering in a straightfoward manner. I'm still voting for McCain though.

Bub666
29-Sep-2008, 08:40 PM
Yeah,I watched the debate for a few minutes.Then I fell asleep,the debate was so boring.:bored:

Mutineer
29-Sep-2008, 08:50 PM
****ing Amatuer Night.

If people don't know who their voting for with a month to go, I don't want them voting.

"Geeeeeeeee, now that the MSM has narrowed it down to the two party candidates, who shoud I vote for ?"

:annoyed:

AcesandEights
29-Sep-2008, 08:51 PM
It was somewhat interesting. Clearly Obama is a better public speaker,a true artist of speaking much but answering little and McCain started off a little rocky and had his share of bumps, but I thought held his own.

I agree with a lot of people who have given the edge (in the debate) to Obama for not allowing his facade to get blown over during the debate.

With regards to McCain, despite thinking he really ended fairly well, I thought one of the capsule reviews I read after the fact had a funny point:

His presentation was further hindered by his wandering discussion of the differing heights of North and South Koreans and his angry assertion about how well he knows Henry Kissinger.

lol A bit of a misrepresentation, but funny nonetheless.

In the end, both candidates did a great job at not answering questions and really not addressing specifics

I'll be going to a party to watch the vice-presidential debates Thursday...now that just about guarantees some sort of fireworks! :)

Danny
29-Sep-2008, 10:10 PM
If people don't know who their voting for with a month to go, I don't want them voting.

does make the whole thing a moot deal when you think about it.

AcesandEights
29-Sep-2008, 10:26 PM
Well, there were major televised debates between the respective big two's major candidates earlier this year and primaries etc. It's not like these two cock sucker just popped out of thin air.

DawnGirl27
29-Sep-2008, 11:26 PM
My husband and I weren't going to watch it, but then turned it on about 15 minutes in and just couldn't turn the channel again, due mostly in part to it being a shambles.
It ticked me off, too, that McCain didn't look at Obama, and yet during the debate Obama looked at him often, and addressed him.
McCain went off on tangents, brought up points irrelevant to the given question, and was constantly in his notes.
Yes, he has experience. Yes, he's been through a war and had his fingers in others so knows more about the workings of them.
He just doesn't come off as someone who can do anything different than what's going on now. Is he too old-school? Too set in his ways? I don't know, but he makes me want to laugh in disbelief that he's serious in thinking he'd be a good president. :|
Obama is the better public speaker, I agree. He kept his cool and was more concise with answers. Did you see him grinning when McCain kept repeating, 'He doesn't understand? He's naive?' Obama knew that by his reitterating that again and again, and with Obams's rebuttals, that it was actually showing how much Obama actually did understand. Obama doesn't claim to have the experience McCain has; but I did like when he said that America is where a person can work hard, gain experience, live out their dreams.
I am by no means a political person, and the campaigning is getting extremely old (like McCain - geez), but it's hard to ignore, being that we may have our first African American president.

darth los
29-Sep-2008, 11:54 PM
****ing Amatuer Night.

"Geeeeeeeee, now that the MSM has narrowed it down to the two party candidates, who shoud I vote for ?"

:annoyed:

Unfortunately most voters are what they call, "low information voters". People like us who follow this stuff are the exception to the rule, in the vast minority. The shame is that it's the votes of these people who will decide our next president.

I think it was a terrible debate. Both candidates danced around the economy for the first half not saying anything about what they'd do and for the second half they just did quick back-and-forths with nothing of substance coming out of it. McCain did better than I expected he would as he appeared to have life in his words while Obama just appeared uncomfortable in the setting. At the end of the day I'd say it was a tie, and a rather boring one at that. But if I were to pick a winner, it would easily be the moderator who was getting irritated they weren't answering in a straightfoward manner. I'm still voting for McCain though.

Funny how he forgot to mention the 2 billion a week we BORROW for the war in Iraq, or the downright criminal waste of taxpayer money that goes on. Anybody find that 8 billion they lost over in Iraq a few years back? No? That's cause the American people have the attention spans of goldfish.

You're kidding right? The dude will end the ****ing world mate. He's a war-ruined psychopath that still refers to Vietnamese as "gooks".

And Sarah Palin? she likes running, so she called her son "track"....

Well I like wanking, so I guess I should call my kid "tugger"....jesus.

I've always said that. Don't get me wrong, i respect McCain's service but anyone who goes what he went through can't be right in the head. I only wish someone would say that already. I don't want that man's finger on the button. He could have a Nam' flashback and then we'd all be radioactive for the next 50 years.

My husband and I weren't going to watch it, but then turned it on about 15 minutes in and just couldn't turn the channel again, due mostly in part to it being a shambles.
It ticked me off, too, that McCain didn't look at Obama, and yet during the debate Obama looked at him often, and addressed him.
McCain went off on tangents, brought up points irrelevant to the given question, and was constantly in his notes.
Yes, he has experience. Yes, he's been through a war and had his fingers in others so knows more about the workings of them.
He just doesn't come off as someone who can do anything different than what's going on now. Is he too old-school? Too set in his ways? I don't know, but he makes me want to laugh in disbelief that he's serious in thinking he'd be a good president. :|
Obama is the better public speaker, I agree. He kept his cool and was more concise with answers. Did you see him grinning when McCain kept repeating, 'He doesn't understand? He's naive?' Obama knew that by his reitterating that again and again, and with Obams's rebuttals, that it was actually showing how much Obama actually did understand. Obama doesn't claim to have the experience McCain has; but I did like when he said that America is where a person can work hard, gain experience, live out their dreams.
I am by no means a political person, and the campaigning is getting extremely old (like McCain - geez), but it's hard to ignore, being that we may have our first African American president.

The only reason Obama isn't crushing McCain so far is because of the color of his skin. Any generic, white male democratic candidate would be wiping the floor with his old ass by now. So much for Geraldine Ferraro's assertion that him being black is an advantage.

McCain totally disrespected Obama by not acknowledging him. For all intents and purposes he is his equal. He is his party's Nominee and should be afforded the propper respect. Did anyone think Bob dole was going to beat clinton? HELL TO THE NO !!!!! But He was still given his due. It came of as classless with a dash of sore loserness. Obama has just as much a right to be there as McCain does. That was really bush league old man. But What do you expect from someone who is old enough to remember when dancing was a sin?:cool:

zombie04
30-Sep-2008, 12:06 AM
The only reason Obama isn't crushing McCain so far is because of the color of his skin. Any generic, white male democratic candidate would be wiping the floor with his old ass by now. So much for Geraldine Ferraro's assertion that him being black is an advantage.

To me that's just a baseless claim. Sure there may be a small sliver of the electorate that hasn't gotten over segregation, but I don't think it should be shocking that people aren't supporting Obama. You have to consider that he really hasn't made himself known to the American people. Sure he is now a familiar face, but when you don't give details of what you're going to do or how you're going to back it up, you shouldn't wonder why the support isn't flowing your way. If Bush's popularity were up, I don't think Obama would've gotten as far as he has simply on the issues.

As for why I'm not supporting him, I don't love McCain but I see him as the lesser of two evils. I agree with some of McCain's principles, but Obama has not done much beyond the rhetoric to convince me he has earned my vote. Besides, I'm a passive social conservative (I don't expect anything to get done in my lifetime, just an extended status quo) and I'm very supportive of limited gov't. interference in the economy.

darth los
30-Sep-2008, 12:17 AM
Just ask yourselves something. We've listed the sins and screwups ad nauseum in this forum of the past 8 years of republican rule. Does anybody here really think we should have another rep president? The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing but expecting a different result. The way this country is hurting right now can't imagine too many people approve of the job that has been done. So all the people who plan to vote republican are either insane or just won't vote for a black man. Or maybe they are just hopeless partisans who would vote for herbert Hoover if he was running. I don't care if Abe lincoln himself came back and ran for president as the republican nominee, there's no way he should win. ( him running against a black man would be ironic wouldn't it?)

zombie04
30-Sep-2008, 12:21 AM
Just ask yourselves something. We've listed the sins and screwups ad nauseum in this forum of the past 8 years of republican rule. Does anybody here really think we should have another rep president? The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing but expecting a different result. The way this country is hurting right now can't imagine too many people approve of the job that has been done. So all the people who plan to vote republican are either insane or just won't vote for a black man.

So I'm either insane or a racist to support the Republican Party. Have you considered that your comment was just a bit partisan?

darth los
30-Sep-2008, 12:28 AM
So why would someone continue to support a party who has time and again proven to be ineffective and incompetant. This administration has betrayed every conservative principle i'm aware of.

So no matter what's the case you'd vote republican. A better question, if not now, what would it take to make you vote democratic? An extiction level event? We might be well on our way.

AcesandEights
30-Sep-2008, 12:33 AM
So why would someone continue to support a party who has time and again proven to be ineffective and incompetant.

So why do people continue to vote for the republicans and the democrats and cleave to partisan battle lines at the cost of objectivity? :rolleyes:

zombie04
30-Sep-2008, 12:37 AM
Well for starters, this administration isn't up for re-election and despite what people say McCain isn't as close to Bush as they'd like to believe. Honestly it wouldn't take much to get me to vote for a Democrat. I'm a registered Republican but I have voted for them before in local and state elections because I agreed with the individual candidate more so than the party platform. I haven't voted for one in for a federal position be it the legislature or the exective (I haven't in a presidential election before due to age) but if I saw a candidate I agreed with more than the Republican, I wouldn't have issues voting for them. I'm not going to cast my beliefs aside just because of a person's skin color. If I disagree on the issues, then that's reason enough for me not to support them.

darth los
30-Sep-2008, 12:41 AM
So why do people continue to vote for the republicans and the democrats and cleave to partisan battle lines at the cost of objectivity? :rolleyes:

BINGO !!!!!:cool: