PDA

View Full Version : sports news

acealive1
30-Sep-2008, 12:31 AM
not being appreciated as a veteran? sounds like the chiefs didnt learn from the packers and favre situation

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Am2NsftdZG.M9hWaZkJZ6V9DubYF?slug=ap-disappointedgonzalez&prov=ap&type=lgns

another receiver angry

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvShiv6J66WxA4i2H.JA7SAdsLYF?slug=ap-onfootball-toagain&prov=ap&type=lgns

damn, its about time, ANOTHER firing

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AgpM8Pp4H2DyMUTj20cx_62Y2bYF?slug=ap-rams-linehanfired&prov=ap&type=lgns

Bub666
30-Sep-2008, 03:20 AM
These wide receivers need to stop whining about stupid stuff like this,and be happy with the millions of dollars they make.

acealive1
30-Sep-2008, 08:47 PM
gonzalez has a legit grudge tho. thats like benching brett favre during that minnesota game where he became the all time leader in passing yards.

SRP76
30-Sep-2008, 09:07 PM
Gonzalez has nothing. Boo-hoo, he can't set the record where he wants, when he wants, and thinks the team caters to him.

He'll get his stupid little record, but it'll be when the team wants him to get it. He's nothing but a cog; a player needs a team a whole hell of a lot more than a team needs one player.

Maybe if he could claim to have helped the team win one f*cking playoff game in his entire career, they might try to appease him. But he's actually done nothing toward the real goal: a championship.

.....and I don't even need to get wound up on that cartoon character Owens.

acealive1
30-Sep-2008, 09:24 PM
Gonzalez has nothing. Boo-hoo, he can't set the record where he wants, when he wants, and thinks the team caters to him.

He'll get his stupid little record, but it'll be when the team wants him to get it. He's nothing but a cog; a player needs a team a whole hell of a lot more than a team needs one player.

Maybe if he could claim to have helped the team win one f*cking playoff game in his entire career, they might try to appease him. But he's actually done nothing toward the real goal: a championship.

.....and I don't even need to get wound up on that cartoon character Owens.

this is a pointless argument. its like having jordan on a team full of no names. and thats what gonzales is. they wont shell out money to bring guys there to build around him.

notice the same thing happened to marino and people talk about him like he's a god

axlish
30-Sep-2008, 09:27 PM
gonzalez has a legit grudge tho. thats like benching brett favre during that minnesota game where he became the all time leader in passing yards.

He has no grudge at all. Is he not going to get 3 yards on his next reception? The Chiefs had yet to win a game and you think that this guy's three yards, three yards that he will get next game, is important enough to change your offensive strategy in the slightest? Did you watch the game? LJ is running for 10 yards a crack and you want them to do a 3 yard out for Tony? Think about it dude, Favre touches the ball on every play, of course he is going to throw it again.

slickwilly13
30-Sep-2008, 09:28 PM
Here's one for you. Btw, I personally know Rock Cartwright and his much larger older brother Rodney. Us 3 attended the same high school together.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Dancing-on-the-Star-Starring-Tank-T-O-and-a-?urn=nfl,111252

acealive1
30-Sep-2008, 09:53 PM
Here's one for you. Btw, I personally know Rock Cartwright and his much larger older brother Rodney. Us 3 attended the same high school together.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Dancing-on-the-Star-Starring-Tank-T-O-and-a-?urn=nfl,111252

thats cool u know him,bro. my cousin played for the raiders and titans in 06 and 07 respectively :D

he might wanan watch out next time they play dallas though, those guys take a painted star way too serious

slickwilly13
30-Sep-2008, 10:01 PM
Yeah, he better. Being from Texas. He should know better. Rock made varisty football his freshman year in high school. And he already weighed 185 lbs of lean solid muscle. He was above the norm for a freshman. He really stood out. It didn't surprise me that Rock was drafted to the NFL.

acealive1
30-Sep-2008, 10:22 PM
Yeah, he better. Being from Texas. He should know better. Rock made varisty football his freshman year in high school. And he already weighed 185 lbs of lean solid muscle. He was above the norm for a freshman. He really stood out. It didn't surprise me that Rock was drafted to the NFL.

he's one of the rare ones i suppose.

darth los
02-Oct-2008, 01:49 AM
He has no grudge at all. Is he not going to get 3 yards on his next reception? The Chiefs had yet to win a game and you think that this guy's three yards, three yards that he will get next game, is important enough to change your offensive strategy in the slightest? Did you watch the game? LJ is running for 10 yards a crack and you want them to do a 3 yard out for Tony? Think about it dude, Favre touches the ball on every play, of course he is going to throw it again.

Offenses, in most sports, tend to run smoothest when there's no concerted effort to forcefeed one player the ball/puck. Anyone can get 50 points if they shoot 40 times. What's impressive is getting your numbers in the flow of the offense without as many opportunities. Efficiency fellas.

:cool: