PDA

View Full Version : uh oh......

acealive1
04-Oct-2008, 06:19 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3624079

DawnGirl27
04-Oct-2008, 11:29 AM
I hope he gets life. It's 13 years too late, but anything to put him where he belongs. He's breathed free air for far too long. :mad:

acealive1
04-Oct-2008, 03:49 PM
i hope i wouldnt go to jail based on the fact that i was getting my shat back from some guy who was gonna hock it to pay his light bill. and also they have recordings of police on tape saying "we finally got him". somethin just aint right.

wasnt there a racist cop invovled before? can we say mark fuhrman?

Tricky
04-Oct-2008, 03:57 PM
how he got away with this i dont know,i dont think he was innocent at all! http://poetry.rotten.com/simpson/index.html

:barf:

capncnut
04-Oct-2008, 03:58 PM
I hope he gets life. It's 13 years too late, but anything to put him where he belongs. He's breathed free air for far too long. :mad:
I agree Dawn. I hope the murdering bastard gets the book thrown at him. In fact, jail is too good, OJ needs a good old fashioned kicking-in for every day he got away with the death of Nicole.

MikePizzoff
04-Oct-2008, 04:50 PM
i hope i wouldnt go to jail based on the fact that i was getting my shat back from some guy who was gonna hock it to pay his light bill. and also they have recordings of police on tape saying "we finally got him". somethin just aint right.

wasnt there a racist cop invovled before? can we say mark fuhrman?

Getting back your stuff is one thing. Doing it with two other guys and guns, whilst kidnapping someone, is slightly over-the-top.

acealive1
04-Oct-2008, 04:55 PM
As part of their defense, Simpson's attorneys questioned Fuhrman about his alleged prior use of racist terms. The prosecution tried to stop the defense from pursuing this line of questioning by arguing that it was too inflammatory and could prejudice the predominantly black jury against them. The California Evidence Code gives the Trial Judge the discretion to exclude evidence if its prejudical effect substantially outweighs its probative value.[1] Judge Lance Ito initially ruled that there had to be some evidence that Fuhrman planted the glove before the defense could question Fuhrman on prior use of racial slurs, but eventually, Judge Ito changed his prior ruling and allowed the defense to cross-examine Fuhrman on the issue of his alleged racial animosity.

During cross-examination, Fuhrman, when asked by defense attorney F. Lee Bailey whether he had used the word "nigger," said he hadn't used the word in ten years. The defense produced four witnesses to establish that Fuhrman had used the word "ni*ger" nine and one half years previously; as well as an audiotape contradicting his testimony. This testimony eventually resulted in a perjury conviction. In one 1985 recording, Fuhrman gave a taped interview to Laura Hart McKinny, a writer working on a screenplay about female police officers. In another interview, Fuhrman talked about gang members and was quoted as saying, "Yeah we work with nig*ers and gangs. You can take one of these niggers, drag 'em into the alley and beat the **** out of them and kick them. You can see them twitch. It really relieves your tension."[2] He went on to say "we had them begging that they'd never be gang members again, begging us". He said that he would tell them, "You do what you're told, understand, ni*ger?"

In an interview, Walter Alexander says he now thinks the whole ordeal was a setup to get Simpson. He doesn't "understand what the big deal is" or why Riccio would set this whole operation up, tape it and then sell the tape to the media. Alexander's ex-wife gave an interview to the New York Times in which she says many people carry tape recorders with them around Simpson to try and catch him slipping so they can profit from it. The amount of money TMZ paid for the tape has not been disclosed.

see what i meant about those cops?

Getting back your stuff is one thing. Doing it with two other guys and guns, whilst kidnapping someone, is slightly over-the-top.

the guy had a million dollars worth of his stuff or more, what would you do? go to the cops and go to trial so u can spend more of your money?

capncnut
04-Oct-2008, 05:01 PM
I fail to see how the above accusation has anything to do with the fact that OJ Simpson a. got away with murder, b. knocked off an establishment while armed to the teeth with two men and kidnapped somebody, and c. is probably mentally unstable.

strayrider
08-Oct-2008, 03:04 AM
OJ Simpson is getting what he deserves, Ace. Who cares what came out of Furhman's filthy mouth a decade ago?

The "Juice" is guilty (unless you'd have us believe that Simpson willingly went along the scheme to "get him" and spoke the incriminating words that were tape recorded.)

Stop playing the race card.

-stray-

capncnut
08-Oct-2008, 04:29 AM
The "Juice" is guilty (unless you'd have us believe that Simpson willingly went along the scheme to "get him" and spoke the incriminating words that were tape recorded.)
"Let's say that I did murder Nicole..."

Damn straight, stray!

DubiousComforts
08-Oct-2008, 02:43 PM
Damn straight, stray!
Are we still talking about this silly kid? :p

darth los
08-Oct-2008, 06:18 PM
the guy had a million dollars worth of his stuff or more, what would you do? go to the cops and go to trial so u can spend more of your money?

What's more that was under the table stuff. Do you really think if he would have called the cops that there would have any trace of that merchandise by the time they got a handle on the situation?

And for the record the dude was aquitted in 1995. Deal with it people. All that talk about that he got what he deserves just smells like sour grapes. The U.S. constitution garauntees that just because you did another crime it can't be automatically assumed that you did this one. What's more he didn't even do that one. And before you say he did i would point you to a group of 12 of his peers that would disagree with you.

We have another thread which condemned people for standing around enjoying the misery of others and how dispicable that was. I'm just saying....

I don't know about you guys but i'm from the hood. If an "associate" of mine did that to me I'd beat the living sh8t out of him. It's all about respect. I bet he won't try that again though.

:cool:

strayrider
08-Oct-2008, 07:09 PM
What's more that was under the table stuff. Do you really think if he would have called the cops that there would have any trace of that merchandise by the time they got a handle on the situation?

And for the record the dude was aquitted in 1995. Deal with it people. All that talk about that he got what he deserves just smells like sour grapes. The U.S. constitution garauntees that just because you did another crime it can't be automatically assumed that you did this one. What's more he didn't even do that one. And before you say he did i would point you to a group of 12 of his peers that would disagree with you.

We have another thread which condemned people for standing around enjoying the misery of others and how dispicable that was. I'm just saying....

I don't know about you guys but i'm from the hood. If an "associate" of mine did that to me I'd beat the living sh8t out of him. It's all about respect. I bet he won't try that again though.

"Under the table stuff" or not, it is illegal to enter private residences and hold the occupants against their will at gun point. In the state of Nevada this is considered kidnapping.

If OJ knew these cats had his "stuff", why didn't he call the police without the "thieves" knowing about it? Surely they would have been unable to make the stuff disappear before the police arrived if they had no idea the police were coming in the first place.

My previous comments had nothing to do concerning Juice's guilt, or innocence in the Brown/Goldman case.

:D

-stray-

darth los
08-Oct-2008, 08:24 PM
"Under the table stuff" or not, it is illegal to enter private residences and hold the occupants against their will at gun point. In the state of Nevada this is considered kidnapping.

If OJ knew these cats had his "stuff", why didn't he call the police without the "thieves" knowing about it? Surely they would have been unable to make the stuff disappear before the police arrived if they had no idea the police were coming in the first place.

My previous comments had nothing to do concerning Juice's guilt, or innocence in the Brown/Goldman case.

-stray-

Well that's true. I'm not saying that o.j. isn't a piece of sh8t or anything cause he obviously is but like i often do as a law student i was making a purely legal observation. I mean he was obviously into some shady stuff dealing with characters such as these so what did he expect? He has the rest of his life behind bars to contemplate the answer to that.

acealive1
08-Oct-2008, 08:58 PM

agreed.

DubiousComforts
09-Oct-2008, 01:53 AM
Hold on a sec... O.J. Simpson may have been acquitted in criminal court by a jury of his peers, but he was unanimously convicted in civil court by another jury of his peers, so don't forget to include them in the equation.

Simpson has never made good on the monetary damages that he was ordered to pay by the court. so if he is now looking for sympathy over "stolen goods" which led to him breaking the law in Las Vegas... well, sorry if we the people are fresh out of pity.

Don't forget that it was Simpson's "associates" who sold him out in plea bargains for lesser charges. Obviously, his problems lie not with juries, vindictive prosecutors, racist detectives or the public, but those with whom he's chosen to keep company.

You know, there is a middle ground to this issue.

Bub666
09-Oct-2008, 01:59 AM

I hope so too.I keep hearing that he will get life in prison.

slickwilly13
09-Oct-2008, 02:51 AM
I am glad to see Orange Juice will serving jail time. He needs to be on death row. If it was me last decade, then I would be.

darth los
09-Oct-2008, 05:12 PM
I am glad to see Orange Juice will serving jail time. He needs to be on death row. If it was me last decade, then I would be.

If anything he should be locked up for having a name like Orenthal James. I mean, WTF is that all about? :confused:

acealive1
09-Oct-2008, 07:50 PM
If anything he should be locked up for having a name like Orenthal James. I mean, WTF is that all about? :confused:

is the name too white for you? or does his name need to be changed to marshawn? :lol::lol::lol:

darth los
09-Oct-2008, 07:59 PM
is the name too white for you? or does his name need to be changed to marshawn? :lol::lol::lol:

White or black it doesn't matter. That name is some crazy next level sh8t that i'm not ready for. Like Thaddeus Butterton the third.

capncnut
09-Oct-2008, 09:50 PM
White or black it doesn't matter. That name is some crazy next level sh8t that i'm not ready for. Like Thaddeus Butterton the third.
Or my uncle, Anthony Elvington Socrates. That's pure messed up!

Orenthal? Sounds like a throat lozenge. :D

darth los
10-Oct-2008, 02:13 AM
Or my uncle, Anthony Elvington Socrates. That's pure messed up!

Orenthal? Sounds like a throat lozenge. :D

You see my friends? Now that is true horror. It's not even made up!!!! :lol::lol:

Yojimbo
11-Oct-2008, 12:59 AM
I agree with Ace that Furhman was a racist pig cop-facist. I also agree with those who point out that just because Furhman was an ignorant and overpaid racist does not in and of itself mean that OJ did not murder his wife. The fact that he was not convicted in the criminal trial had a lot to do with the incompetence of the prosecution, in as much that the fact that he was convicted in the civil trial had a lot to do with the burden of proof being substantially lower for the civil trial. Whether or not he was or was actually guilty of murdering his wife and the waiter, I do not think that there is any doubt that OJ did orchestrate and participate in the holdup and kidnapping of the idiot memorabillia dude. So while I do not know for certain that OJ is a murderer, I do think that is is clear that OJ is at the very least a reckless thug who believed himself to be above the law and therefore took the law into his own hands.

acealive1
11-Oct-2008, 01:02 AM
nice points,jim. i think oj was responsible but heres how..........i know nicole had a coke habit. only thing she did more was breathe and oj got tired of paying for her habit........and what do drug dealers in l.a. do when u dont pay up?

Yojimbo
11-Oct-2008, 01:24 AM
nice points,jim. i think oj was responsible but heres how..........i know nicole had a coke habit. only thing she did more was breathe and oj got tired of paying for her habit........and what do drug dealers in l.a. do when u dont pay up?

Dealers get someone to teach you a lesson when you don't pay up, or do the teaching themselves, it's true. That is a very good point, and it would not be the first time someone got regulated for not paying up.

But, Ace, along those same lines, what does a hot-blooded and angry husband do when he catches his ungrateful wife in the act of making time with some pretty boy waiter? Now, I'm saying that this is the case in OJ's particular situation, or that this means that OJ is beyond a doubt the person who killed Nicole and that waiter-kid, mind you, but I am sure that you would find it at least understandable that folks would think that homeboy had the motivation to do his wife and her boy-toy in that given situation.

But, I do agree, Ace, it is possible that her death might have been the product of a dealer making an example out of her. We will never know.

acealive1
11-Oct-2008, 01:56 AM
Dealers get someone to teach you a lesson when you don't pay up, or do the teaching themselves, it's true. That is a very good point, and it would not be the first time someone got regulated for not paying up.

But, Ace, along those same lines, what does a hot-blooded and angry husband do when he catches his ungrateful wife in the act of making time with some pretty boy waiter? Now, I'm saying that this is the case in OJ's particular situation, or that this means that OJ is beyond a doubt the person who killed Nicole and that waiter-kid, mind you, but I am sure that you would find it at least understandable that folks would think that homeboy had the motivation to do his wife and her boy-toy in that given situation.

But, I do agree, Ace, it is possible that her death might have been the product of a dealer making an example out of her. We will never know.

wouldnt u have offed ur wife if she had some chump wearin ur clothes and driving your cars?

DubiousComforts
11-Oct-2008, 02:40 AM

Why does O.J. Simpson seem to gravitate toward a unnaturally high number of people with alleged drug problems including his current Nicole-clone girlfriend? It should be obvious that with rich, white friends like Robert Kardashian taking up Simpson's defense, had there actually been an angry drug dealer to suspect of the murders, they would have easily outed the guy.

strayrider
11-Oct-2008, 06:20 AM
wouldnt u have offed ur wife if she had some chump wearin ur clothes and driving your cars?

I'd file for divorce, take my lumps in court, and go on with my life.

How about you, Ace? What would you do?

-stray-

acealive1
11-Oct-2008, 01:14 PM
I'd file for divorce, take my lumps in court, and go on with my life.

How about you, Ace? What would you do?

-stray-

people from los angeles tend to have more balls, so idk.........

Yojimbo
12-Oct-2008, 12:12 AM

It would piss me off to say the least, and my younger, more reactionary version of myself might have been inclined to bitch-slap the chump, but even when I was a much more reckless dude I wouldn't have shanked my wife, that is for certain.

What you said about folks from Los Angeles is pretty much correct, and I think this is something that people who don't come from where we come from don't get. Like you, I also grew up in a neighborhood where it was practically a given that disrespect could only be washed away with blood.

To me, it comes down to giving a situationally appropriate response, and with OJ's latest exercise in stupidity, clearly a situationally appropriate response is something that he cannot have. What I mean by that is, sure, I can see myself punching someone in the face for disrespecting my wife, and I can see myself responding with deadly force if someone was coming at my family with the intention of doing great bodily harm. But in the situation where OJ catches his ungrateful coke head wife with a pathetic waiter loser, I think that stabbing everyone to death is a gross overeaction. And if some guy is selling the stuff that he bought at auction after you let the lease run out at a Storage Facility, you don't get a bunch of crackheads and orchestrate a heist, you use the police and lawyers to get the stuff back. Again, one must always use the force that is appropriate to the situation. You can't just go off and be a thug (or in OJ's case pretend to be a thug) whenever you want, because the law is going to come down on you. (And besides, if you are going to pull a heist, for chrissakes, at least do it so that you won't get caught. OJ has got to be the dumbest criminal ever!)

Now I know that there are dudes I grew up with in the neighborhood that would think anything short of killing as a response to this sort of dis would have be an intolerable underreaction, but in this instance - that is, catching some wimp making time with my unfaithful wife, while wearing my clothes and smoking my cigars in my car - I gotta tell you that my rep would just have to suffer. Besides, most of the friends I came up with who lived their lives this way are now either laying around on a cot in lockdown at County or have been laid to rest in a coffin simply because they did not pick and choose their battles over things which they perceived as disrespectful to their manhood.

lullubelle
12-Oct-2008, 08:35 PM
Lets see how he likes being a prison #@%&!, not a moment to soon.:elol:

capncnut
05-Dec-2008, 05:25 PM
Click (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iUNgbOr-2bnpFUX0MiII6je2CkRAD94SLRV80) for article.

Should've heard him plead for mercy, he was like a little kid. :rolleyes:

Mike70
05-Dec-2008, 10:03 PM
well the sentence is in - 33 years of which he must serve at least 9 before he comes up for parole.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7767556.stm

one thing that isn't clear: some sources are saying the sentence was up to 33 years and some are saying it was 15 with parole eligiable in 9 years.

Yojimbo
06-Dec-2008, 12:31 AM
well the sentence is in - 33 years of which he must serve at least 9 before he comes up for parole.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7767556.stm
It is a fair sentence. Now he can get a real taste of what it is like to be a thug.

MaximusIncredulous
06-Dec-2008, 08:46 AM
Looks like Juice turned down a reduced sentence plea:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081206/ap_on_re_us/oj_simpson

Guess he felt there would be a "if the tape doesn't fit, you must acquit" moment.

Neil
06-Dec-2008, 10:18 AM
I fail to see how the above accusation has anything to do with the fact that OJ Simpson a. got away with murder, b. knocked off an establishment while armed to the teeth with two men and kidnapped somebody, and c. is probably mentally unstable.

a) I don't think he did... ie: I don't think he was guilty of the murder.

b) Yeh, seems utter madness what he did. But life?

c) Maybe...?

Yojimbo
06-Dec-2008, 07:13 PM
b) Yeh, seems utter madness what he did. But life?

I'm no lawyer, but I think that the Simpson's sentance was "enhanced" to"life" because there were firearms involved during the commission of the crime. Gangster types routinely get handed what is considered "life" sentences, but unless there is a stipulation that there is no possibility for parole then a life sentence equates to between 7 to 9 years. So unless Simpson shanks someone in prison, or otherwise behaves like a butthead while institutionalized then his life sentence likely will end in 9 years.

blind2d
06-Dec-2008, 11:56 PM
I'm curious as to why this concerns anyone here (aka: not involved in this man's personal life or trial directly). It's not like we should care that much...

Cody
07-Dec-2008, 02:49 AM
Yeah I was wondering about that the other day, some sources say 33 and some say 15

Well no one likes to be in prison but I doubt he will be given trouble by any other inmates (sorry to dash anyones hopes) since he
1. Was a football player and sports are huge in prison. Although I do see a few inmates passing by him saying something along the lines of "denver broncos suck."
2. Hes african american. Race is a huge in prison and african americans are of the racial majority. Thats a bonus for him since he has more of his own kind.
3. The crime which he was convicted off isnt really looked down upon and is actually respectable (messed up I know)
4. Okay he MIGHT be forced into joining a gang because of who he is, if he does he will gain protection or get stabed up / killed by a rival gang. Since he has money he might be approached to "break it off" He can chose to fight the inmates who have approached him about this or as they say be their bitch.
5. He was aquited of his wifes murder. People who have killed (except child killers) are ususally respected and are left alone since they have alot of time serve.Although he wasnt convicted of this inamtes are likely to look at it as he beat the system and will get respect.

AcesandEights
07-Dec-2008, 08:02 AM
I'm curious as to why this concerns anyone here (aka: not involved in this man's personal life or trial directly). It's not like we should care that much...

The state of the judicial system within a country should be of interest to all who live there or have loved ones or other interest in that country.

Now, within a pretty rotten and broken framework (our current justice system), I'd say this was a pretty good sentence, though I believe it's on the harsh side (putting on my blinders here, as best I can), but if he keeps his nose clean in prison he will be out in a reasonable amount of time.

Now, you want to talk Karmic law, I'd say OJ got ****ed and deserved it.