PDA

View Full Version : SEGA's little handheld

capncnut
04-Oct-2008, 03:51 PM
So what do we think about this then?

Click (http://www.bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?FlashBoxId=7902858557&) for video.

More info (http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/10/03/sega_vision/).

tju1973
04-Oct-2008, 04:26 PM
the TV is BS for the States-- pur FTA (free to air) tv channels suck here--

unless it has a provision for wireless internet, the tv aspect makes it no better than a camera...

I will pass on this one--

Sega has had few bright lights harware wise -- SMS, Genesis, and Dreamcast-- the rest kind of sucked...

:(

MikePizzoff
04-Oct-2008, 04:42 PM
I pretty much agree with TJU. I don't see how it'll rival the PSP, when it states "play java games" ... Java games are sh1t.

capncnut
04-Oct-2008, 04:54 PM
I agree that it doesn't have a hope in hell with 'beating' the PSP, just pleased to see SEGA are at least having another stab at making hardware again.

slickwilly13
04-Oct-2008, 05:15 PM
meh. It is very small, though. I wonder how much it will be. I was expecting an updated Game Gear.

axlish
04-Oct-2008, 08:35 PM
Game Gear is almost on the level of the last gen handhelds. Gameboy didn't surpass it until well into the 2000's.

slickwilly13
04-Oct-2008, 10:00 PM
I was thinking more of Game Gear 2 with DS or PSP graphics. I almost bought a Nomad back in the day. And was considering buying one over a PSP.

tju1973
06-Oct-2008, 12:21 AM
I was thinking more of Game Gear 2 with DS or PSP graphics. I almost bought a Nomad back in the day. And was considering buying one over a PSP.

I had a game gear-- but I really only played Sonic, Desert Strike, and some RPG-- it sucked battery wise, but I bought it for like $30US in HK in about 1993 or 94..

I did buy a Nomad when they were dumping them at Toys R Us for about $50 or so in the late 90s-- I gave it away a year or two later-- and I regret it--

It was heavy and the battery life was crap too, but it was nice while I had it to play NHL 9X and other titles (PTO and Pirates! Gold) on road trips with my wife--

The Dreamcast though goes down as the best console ever (to me)-- Sonice Adventure...Shenmue 1&2, NFL 2K...Jet Set Radio...Grandia II..and the best title ever-- Skies of Arcadia-- I still play that one a couple of time a year and manage to find new enjoyment every time--

Sega was great, but how the mighty have fallen...

:(

darth los
06-Oct-2008, 06:43 PM
I pretty much agree with TJU. I don't see how it'll rival the PSP, when it states "play java games" ... Java games are sh1t.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wouldn't exactly be advertising that either.

:cool: