PDA

View Full Version : chronicles of riddick

acealive1
05-Oct-2008, 06:22 AM
so im watching it on TBS right now..........this movie is so under rated it isnt even funny! i loved it when i saw it the first time but something about watching it now makes it so much better

clanglee
05-Oct-2008, 10:01 AM
I liked it quite a bit too man. It was a very nice bit of eye candy.

EvilNed
05-Oct-2008, 10:22 AM
It's a good action film, but the character of Riddick was much cooler in Pitch Black. In Chronicles of Riddick he's a superhuman who can take on anything. In Pitch Black he's just very dangerous, but still human. I thought the "super human" approach was lame, because he was never in any real peril.

Trencher
05-Oct-2008, 03:35 PM
It was a shift in genre, and Riddic was so powerfull here the whole film became pompous.
I started to hate the film when he did not fight the Metal tiger thing. And we did not even got to know if he intended to continue the necromongers way of living?
The worst movies is the ones that have great potential but waste it away on navel viewing crap this movie did.

acealive1
05-Oct-2008, 05:12 PM
It's a good action film, but the character of Riddick was much cooler in Pitch Black. In Chronicles of Riddick he's a superhuman who can take on anything. In Pitch Black he's just very dangerous, but still human. I thought the "super human" approach was lame, because he was never in any real peril.

he was very super human in this one. look at the scene where they're going underground and he's counting the lights and tapping his foot. when a light comes up he kicks the guy sitting on him about 50 feet up to the light. LOL

they when they come to rest he goes "24.6 kilometers" tell me that aint superhuman

DawnGirl27
06-Oct-2008, 12:06 AM
I agree with Evil - Riddick was cooler and more "human" in Pitch Black (kick butt movie), but I did like the Chronicles, as well. I liked seeing what happened to "Jack", and Imam, and that the 3 all met up again. Dysfunctional family reunion... :D

Bub666
06-Oct-2008, 02:27 AM
Yeah,Pitch Black was way better movie then Chronicles of Riddick.

EvilNed
06-Oct-2008, 01:29 PM
I agree with Evil - Riddick was cooler and more "human" in Pitch Black (kick butt movie), but I did like the Chronicles, as well. I liked seeing what happened to "Jack", and Imam, and that the 3 all met up again. Dysfunctional family reunion... :D

I still liked Chronicles of Riddick as a cool actionfilm, but I didn't like the approach they took with Riddick himself. But sure, I watch it sometimes, and it's a cool film.

darth los
06-Oct-2008, 06:40 PM
I thought i was alone on this one. I love these two movies. I agree that pitch black is the better of the two films but chronicles has much to offer as well. They're both absolutely spectacular in HD by the way.

There was a thread a while back about who the biggest bad ass was. I don't believe riddick was nominated so i'm doing it now. Think about it. Who can really mess with him? Would you bet against him even when the odds are stacked against him?

:cool:

DawnGirl27
06-Oct-2008, 10:10 PM
Think about it. Who can really mess with him? Would you bet against him even when the odds are stacked against him?

Um...I'd mess with him. Really. Please and thank you. :evil:
(But yeah, he'd be a force to reckon with, I agree).

acealive1
06-Oct-2008, 10:25 PM
I thought i was alone on this one. I love these two movies. I agree that pitch black is the better of the two films but chronicles has much to offer as well. They're both absolutely spectacular in HD by the way.

There was a thread a while back about who the biggest bad ass was. I don't believe riddick was nominated so i'm doing it now. Think about it. Who can really mess with him? Would you bet against him even when the odds are stacked against him?

riddick FTW just cuz he says "billy bad ass" in pitch black :D

AcesandEights
06-Oct-2008, 10:55 PM
I agree completely with both Ned and Trencher. I was a big detractor (as much as an anonymous dude of the masses can be a detractor) of Chronicles, but I can appreciate the film for a fun action flick now, so long as I'm not paying for it.

The follow up just really seemed to boil down the character to little more than a foregone conclusion with pecs when he had been so much more in Pitch Black. It had some good performances, but really just pandered to the lowest common denominator and fanboy tendencies, which is fine for a solid, fun action flick.

acealive1
06-Oct-2008, 10:57 PM
apparently the video game "escape from butcher bay" is better than pitch black:stunned:

AcesandEights
06-Oct-2008, 11:03 PM
apparently the video game "escape from butcher bay" is better than pitch black:stunned:

I'd actually hard some really good things about it. Maybe we can get some expert advice from someone with their ear to the ground on such videogamey-type matters...

Hellsing?

bassman
06-Oct-2008, 11:04 PM
Pitch Black had it's moments, but I never made it through Chronicles...

I've heard that it was all supposed to be a trilogy and tie in together. Don't know what happened with that.:confused:

Trencher
11-Oct-2008, 11:36 PM
The plans with the trilogy naturally fell through after the chronichels of Riddick.
It got blasted by every critic I heard of and got luke warm response from audience not exactly the combined cult classic and epic blockbuster they thought they would get. On the dvd release there is extras that show that they had plans to expand the universe and really let fans dig into it. But it all fell through.. Such an waste and a huge blow to the sci fi and fantasy genres. I heard some rumours about there being planned an animated follow up of Riddick, but I never botherd to find out anything about it.

Bub666
11-Oct-2008, 11:51 PM
Yeah,I knew there wasn't going to be another sequel.The chronicles of riddick was a really bad movie.

DawnGirl27
12-Oct-2008, 11:18 PM
Isn't there a box set - a trilogy - with Pitch Black, Chronicles, and an animated feature? Seems to me I recall seeing it in the store one time...

acealive1
13-Oct-2008, 01:02 AM
Isn't there a box set - a trilogy - with Pitch Black, Chronicles, and an animated feature? Seems to me I recall seeing it in the store one time...

yep you're right :)

Bub666
13-Oct-2008, 01:15 AM

Yeah there was an animated movie,and it was horrible.

DawnGirl27
13-Oct-2008, 02:04 AM
What was the animated feature about? What characters were in it?