PDA

View Full Version : Bull Durham II

acealive1
09-Oct-2008, 08:36 PM
YET ANOTHER SEQUEL TO RUIN THE ORIGINAL "Producer Thom Mount says a [Bull Durham II] script is indeed in development and he hopes to be shooting between April and June of next year. He said he plans to shoot in the Durham Bulls Athletic Park, but that he's not sure he will use the historic Durham Athletic Park that was part of the original movie. Because the script is still in development, Mount said he has no commitments from actors including the stars of the original movie — Kevin Costner, Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins. It’s likely Costner will return but it might take some art-twisting – he’s said in the past that a) he’s not a fan of sequels and b) he didn’t think 'Bull Durham' needed one."

capncnut
09-Oct-2008, 10:01 PM
Bull Durham? I fail to see how this deserves a sequel of any kind. What's next? Field Of Dreams II?

acealive1
09-Oct-2008, 10:08 PM
Bull Durham? What's next? Field Of Dreams II?

if it's negro league baseball players that he summons this time, count me in

capncnut
09-Oct-2008, 10:13 PM
I can see the tagline already: "He built it... so they came... again!" :lol:

bassman
09-Oct-2008, 10:39 PM
I don't really see the need in a sequel either. But hey, there are sequels to classic films being made all over the place. Even my favorite franchise is possibly getting a sequel. Some will be bad, some could be good. Ya never know.

That being said....a scipt being written means absolutely jack sh*t. Millions of scripts are written in Hollywood that never get the green light. Superman's return to screen had 9,000+ scripts before Singer's film, same with Batman before Chris Nolan came along, and as I mentioned before....Ghostbusters 3 scripts have been floating around for a very long time and one is being written as we speak. A script means nothing. It's the part after that means something.

acealive1
10-Oct-2008, 01:00 AM
I can see the tagline already: "He built it... so they came... again!" :lol:

:lol::lol:

josh gibson, satchell paige, mule settles and about 6 more should do the trick

Bub666
10-Oct-2008, 02:48 AM
The first Bull Durham wasn't that good.It doesn't deserves a sequel.

DjfunkmasterG
10-Oct-2008, 05:06 AM
I would rather see a follow up to Tin Cup than Bull Durham

acealive1
10-Oct-2008, 09:24 PM
The first Bull Durham wasn't that good.It doesn't deserves a sequel.

its because you dont know about minor league baseball.

i get called "meat" on a daily basis :lol: