PDA

View Full Version : ridley scott to make brave new world...

Mike70
09-Oct-2008, 08:57 PM
this is most interesting news to me since it involves my favorite book ever by huxley, whom i regard as one of, if not the greatest writer ever.

http://io9.com/5059265/ridley-scott-confirms-hes-making-brave-new-world

bassman
09-Oct-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm sorry to say that I don't know much about the source material, but as i'm sure you know, Ridley Scott is an incredible director. So do you consider that a good start?

Mike70
10-Oct-2008, 11:59 AM
I'm sorry to say that I don't know much about the source material, but as i'm sure you know, Ridley Scott is an incredible director. So do you consider that a good start?

yeah, i sure do consider it a good start. i think that given what he has done in the past, brave new world would be a perfect fit for him.

the only thing that worries me is that brave new world is not future society that can be done in a gritty style (like blade runner and alien). it has be clean looking, beautiful and pleasant. the point of brave new world is that you can control people by making their lives as pleasurable as possible more easily than by rampant and violent totalitarism.

Yojimbo
12-Oct-2008, 07:49 PM
yeah, i sure do consider it a good start. i think that given what he has done in the past, brave new world would be a perfect fit for him.

the only thing that worries me is that brave new world is not future society that can be done in a gritty style (like blade runner and alien). it has be clean looking, beautiful and pleasant. the point of brave new world is that you can control people by making their lives as pleasurable as possible more easily than by rampant and violent totalitarism.

Glad to hear that at least it's Ridley Scott doing Huxley, and not some pure hollywood hack idiot, like Ron Howard. I would see it just on Scott's rep alone, but the source material is golden!