PDA

View Full Version : Heroes

clanglee
10-Oct-2008, 03:12 AM
I love the show, I know Hellsing does as well, Some of you hate it. . . whatever. .this thread ain't for you then bub!

There are also going to be spoilers here, so if you havn't seen the show yet, but plan to, and you don't wanna know what's happening. . . this thread ain't for you bub!

I just wanted a forum to discuss the show a bit. . .sue me.

Sooooo. . anyways. There are new plots twists flying in left and right at this point. I'm frankly getting a bit miffed at a few of the holes that are appearing, and I hope they clear them up. For instance:

1)How was future Peter killed with a few gunshots? Does he not have the same regenerative power as Claire?

2)What the hell did Peter need Sylar's power for anyways? Peter can mimic powers just as well as Sylar, without having to kill the person he takes the power from.

3)Why have they turned Mojinder's story into a blatant ripoff of Cronenburg's Fly?

There are a few others such as the Nikki triplet thing, but whatever. That'll sort itself out I'm sure. I am of course intruiged, but a little confused. I think they need to slow it down a bit. :confused:

Bub666
10-Oct-2008, 03:14 AM
Yeah,I love Heroes.That is an awesome show.

clanglee
10-Oct-2008, 08:23 PM
Yeah it is a great show, and Bub. . just for the record, I didn't mean you when I said Bub in my above post. I meant Bub in more of a Wolverine sort of way obviously. Just to clear things up there.

Bub666
10-Oct-2008, 08:58 PM
Yeah it is a great show, and Bub. . just for the record, I didn't mean you when I said Bub in my above post. I meant Bub in more of a Wolverine sort of way obviously. Just to clear things up there.

Yeah I knew what you meant,it's cool.:D

Danny
10-Oct-2008, 09:22 PM
1)How was future Peter killed with a few gunshots? Does he not have the same regenerative power as Claire?

2)What the hell did Peter need Sylar's power for anyways? Peter can mimic powers just as well as Sylar, without having to kill the person he takes the power from.

3)Why have they turned Mojinder's story into a blatant ripoff of Cronenburg's Fly?

There are a few others such as the Nikki triplet thing, but whatever. That'll sort itself out I'm sure. I am of course intruiged, but a little confused. I think they need to slow it down a bit. :confused:

1), whend this happen, ep 3 jsut aired over here, ep 4 right?

2)as far as i can guess sylars power isnt to copy powers its an instinctive ability to view a mechanism or system and instantly know how to alter or replicate it. it al stems from his watch making were he first used it as a latent talent.

3) lack of originality?

-oh and for 4's, i dont think sylars peters brother, i think his moms lying adn playing his weakness to manipulate him.

clanglee
10-Oct-2008, 10:54 PM
1), whend this happen, ep 3 jsut aired over here, ep 4 right?

****, I wasn't aware that there was a week's delay. I'm sorry about that.

2)as far as i can guess sylars power isnt to copy powers its an instinctive ability to view a mechanism or system and instantly know how to alter or replicate it. it al stems from his watch making were he first used it as a latent talent.

True, but why would Peter, who can naturally mimic any power, need this? (this is also in episode 4 by the way)

Danny
10-Oct-2008, 10:59 PM
to create the formulas cure since mohinder couldn't? (yes i just watched ep 4, great stuff)

clanglee
10-Oct-2008, 11:06 PM
3) lack of originality?

[QUOTE]

Exactly

[QUOTE=hellsing;162567]to create the formulas cure since mohinder couldn't? (yes i just watched ep 4, great stuff)

Hmmmmm. . .yes. I guess I buy that. It's gonna cause some major trouble though. . . can't wait!!

clanglee
15-Oct-2008, 10:57 PM
Hiro kills Ando?!?! I hope that's some fake ****, because. .well damn. That just didn't happen!!

DeadJonas190
17-Oct-2008, 05:44 AM
Hiro kills Ando?!?! I hope that's some fake ****, because. .well damn. That just didn't happen!!

I'll put my answer in a spoiler tag too

I don't think he killed Ando, I think he went back in time, switched the sword with a fake one with a collapsible blade and had some kind of blood bag under Ando's shirt.

Also what about their blatant rip off of Puppet Master from Marvel Comics? That kind of has me upset, they seem to be less original than they have been. I even see elements of "The Boys" starting to show up in recent episodes, with the whole "formula that gives super powers" plot line.

It is still my favorite show, but I hope they stop borrowing storylines and start becoming more original.

Danny
17-Oct-2008, 12:04 PM
I'll put my answer in a spoiler tag too

I don't think he killed Ando, I think he went back in time, switched the sword with a fake one with a collapsible blade and had some kind of blood bag under Ando's shirt.

Also what about their blatant rip off of Puppet Master from Marvel Comics? That kind of has me upset, they seem to be less original than they have been. I even see elements of "The Boys" starting to show up in recent episodes, with the whole "formula that gives super powers" plot line.

It is still my favorite show, but I hope they stop borrowing storylines and start becoming more original.

i think he did stab ando and thats why ando gets the powers and tracks him down in the future, either revenge or because he thinks hiros a bad guy now.
and im getting a vibe fo the boys off it too right now.

clanglee
18-Oct-2008, 01:39 AM
I am dispensing with the spoiler tags for this one. . everyone seems to have seen it.

Hiro couldn't have stopped time to change things around, because the speedster could see him do it. Unless she is in on the plan.

I don't believe he killed him though. It is WAY out of character for Hiro. He's the only semi-innocent left. There is no way that Hiro would kill his best friend, when his only desire is to emulate a hero. I don't buy it.

DeadJonas190
20-Oct-2008, 04:55 AM
I am dispensing with the spoiler tags for this one. . everyone seems to have seen it.

Hiro couldn't have stopped time to change things around, because the speedster could see him do it. Unless she is in on the plan.

I don't believe he killed him though. It is WAY out of character for Hiro. He's the only semi-innocent left. There is no way that Hiro would kill his best friend, when his only desire is to emulate a hero. I don't buy it.

Its true that the speedster would see it, but not if he did it at a later time when she wasn't around, remember he can also time travel. I was also thinking that the stabbing was possibly the reason that Ando gets powers later on, or possibly he has them already and the stabbing somehow activates them.

Either way, only 20 more hours until the next episode. I am excited, Heroes is pretty much the only show I watch on a regular basis.

clanglee
20-Oct-2008, 07:44 PM
Either way, only 20 more hours until the next episode. I am excited, Heroes is pretty much the only show I watch on a regular basis.

Same here. . .well there's True Blood, but beside those 2. .that's it.

Danny
20-Oct-2008, 09:00 PM
hiro DOES seem unlikely ,but the whole point of this volume is the heroes becoming villains, hence the name.

DeadJonas190
21-Oct-2008, 01:06 AM
Ok, Heroes just started and I have to put my response in a spoiler tag.

HOLY CRAP I WAS RIGHT ABOUT HIRO!!! LOL

clanglee
21-Oct-2008, 01:21 AM
hiro DOES seem unlikely ,but the whole point of this volume is the heroes becoming villains, hence the name.

But that would be a very unlikely and unbelievable turn-around.

Ok, Heroes just started and I have to put my response in a spoiler tag.

HOLY CRAP I WAS RIGHT ABOUT HIRO!!! LOL

I havn't watched it yet , but which of your theories was right?

DeadJonas190
21-Oct-2008, 06:49 AM
But that would be a very unlikely and unbelievable turn-around.

I havn't watched it yet , but which of your theories was right?

My theory of Hiro stopping time, getting a fake sword and a bloodbag and faking Ando's murder.

darth los
21-Oct-2008, 06:38 PM
I just hope that the shows stays coherent and doesn't go off on a litany WTF tangents the way lost does. Lost is a pretty apt name for the show considering even long time fans don't know what's going on most of the time. All i'm saying that if i turn the show on and there's a freakin' polar bear chasing Suresh, I'M DONE!!

I love the way season 1 of heroes ended. It gave us closure and set the stage for the following season. It would be nice if they stuck to that formula.

:cool:

clanglee
22-Oct-2008, 10:30 PM
Awww man. Adam Monroe finally comes back into the picture and they kill him right off? That sucks. . I really liked that character. :(

Oh and Jonas. . you pegged it alright

DeadJonas190
25-Oct-2008, 06:16 AM
Awww man. Adam Monroe finally comes back into the picture and they kill him right off? That sucks. . I really liked that character. :(

Oh and Jonas. . you pegged it alright

I liked the Adam Monroe character too and was kind of pissed they killed him off. The only thing is, I wonder just how powerful his ability was, can it bring him back from being just a pile of dust? I hope not, as that would be pretty lame, but at the same time I did like the character. If his powers are supposed to be like Wolverine he probably could survive that as Wolvie survived a nuclear blast... but then again he does have an adamantium covered skeleton...

I have to be honest, it was literally a WTF moment when I was right about the whole fake sword + blood bag thing. Basically, Hiro is a lot like myself (a geek with a strong sense of right and wrong minus the whining) and I just figured that's what I would do if I had his powers.