PDA

View Full Version : 3 Minute Wonder - Channel 4 UK 7:55pm Mon-Thur...

MinionZombie
13-Oct-2008, 11:05 AM
http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2008/10/3-minute-wonder.html

Fingers crossed they use some of my shots in one or more of this week's 3 Minute Wonder slots on Channel 4 at 7:55pm (or an hour later on Channel 4 +1).

I'll see about recording the slots and hopefully will be able to transport them from the Sky+ box to my camera and then to my computer and then to YouTube, for non-UK folk interested in seeing it.

But aye - fingers crossed they use some of my footage, they obviously liked it enough for the project director to pick it (among 38 others) out of 140 submitted videos. :cool:

DawnGirl27
13-Oct-2008, 09:37 PM
*Tosses salt over shoulder, rubs rabbit's foot, and crosses fingers* :p Pulling for you, MZ!!!

AcesandEights
13-Oct-2008, 10:31 PM
Best wishes to you, MZ :thumbsup:

Bub666
13-Oct-2008, 10:48 PM
I hope they use some of your shots MZ.I got my fingers crossed for you.:D

MinionZombie
14-Oct-2008, 10:21 AM
Hazah for the Americans out there, trot on over to here:

http://www.friezefoundation.org/film

And watch Parts 2 and 4 - where I have footage used.

Obviously everybody only gets brief bits used, as there was 2 hours of chosen footage edited down into four 3 minute shorts, but this means I've had stuff shown on Channel 4 prime time television, and of course I'm credited on the end credits - according to my YouTube channel name of course - which is ZombieWagon.

Anyway, in Part 2 my shots are the two high contrast black and white shots driving along a road with a dull sky overhead. At 0:21 and 2:17.

In Part 4 I have a brief shot used at 1:35 (grey image with 'ash' falling through the frame - it's originally snow of course).

Oh and actually there's one of my shots (seemingly flipped vertically and horizontally) in the opening titles of each of the four films - again, high contrast black and white footage of the white road markings ... on a road, of course.

So all-in-all pretty cool, especially considering I didn't have to put much effort in, used existing footage that I'd not used yet, and entered the day before it closed (having found out about it three days before it closed), so aye, good stuff.

http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2008/10/3-minute-wonder-further-details.html

DawnGirl27
14-Oct-2008, 03:38 PM
Great stuff, MZ. I watched the clips, keeping in mind where your shots were, and all in all, very impressive. Everything worked together to project a powerful, and at times, poignant feel, and the music chosen for each clip was a perfect compliment. Great job! ;)

Danny
14-Oct-2008, 04:36 PM
noooiyce!, looks like it would have been fun to film.

-right now im doing an advert for derby county wich involves kids and sports. DO NOT WANT.:dead:

MinionZombie
14-Oct-2008, 04:38 PM
It was interesting to see how the project's editor was going to chop all that 2 hours of chosen stuff from so many different people down to four 3 minutes segments, and how they'd put it all together, so I think this Jennifer Ruff (if I remember the name correctly) did a great job with the editing on this project.

Quite an interesting project in itself as well, and just the sort of thing that 3 Minute Wonder was put on telly to do.

hellsing - fortunately I was just using footage I had lying around not being used, so I didn't actually need to film anything specifically for it, but it was very fun to edit. :)

Kids AND sport? Dang ... never work with children ... and I think sport is lame. :lol: There's no zombies in sport! :D

hellsing - fortunately I was just using footage I had lying around not being used, so I didn't actually need to film anything specifically for it, but it was very fun to edit. :)

Kids AND sport? Dang ... never work with children ... and I think sport is lame. :lol: There's no zombies in sport! :D