PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait to see what Uwe Boll does with zombies :)

Neil
13-Oct-2008, 02:09 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1153546/

Thorn
13-Oct-2008, 02:24 PM
/shudder

bassman
13-Oct-2008, 02:43 PM
Where in the hell does he get the money that allows him to continue making films??

Neil
13-Oct-2008, 02:56 PM
Where in the hell does he get the money that allows him to continue making films??

Dungeon Siege had a $60m budget, and made less that $3m at the US box office!

http://blog.wired.com/games/images/2008/01/15/turnips_2.jpg

It made only just over $10m worldwide!

Even Bloodrayne ended up making only $4 million in worldwide box-office sales. But it cost $25 million to make!

Mike70
13-Oct-2008, 03:32 PM
will there be footage from the game interspersed throughout?:evil:

SymphonicX
13-Oct-2008, 03:49 PM
You know he challenged his critics to a boxing match to prove he was a worthy director once, and he won! That puts him right up there with Romero for me...an absolute leg......sorry can't continue that sentence without feeling a huge need to pluck my own eyes out.

and to think HOW MANY PEOPLE THERE ARE WITH TALENT trying to break into this ****ing industry and we have F**KING C**TS like him churning out embarassing crap like this.

Makes me sick.

Danny
13-Oct-2008, 04:35 PM

nazi gold.

no. really.

capncnut
13-Oct-2008, 05:30 PM

http://www.screenhead.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/uwe_boll_finger.jpg
"I get moneh cuz I am furking genius, azzhole." :lol:

MinionZombie
13-Oct-2008, 05:54 PM
Yeah, but Boll is/was a quite competant boxer though, correct?

The critic was what? An amateur at best, or a total non-boxer?

Unfair fight much?

Boll can suck a f*ck and piss the sh*t off as far as I'm concerned, that no-talent hack-job should just give up once and for all. It really burns my cheeks that this turdbag nob'ed-ed dick blister gets to keep making utterly god-awful movies (and bad-bad, not good-bad), meanwhile there's so much actual talent out there in the world struggling to get quality stuff made.

It's just sick ... how sick? Gordon Brown "enjoying" the current economic crisis sick ... yes, a Labour MP was quoted as saying Gordon Clown is "enjoying" people's misery ... ... exactly.

Neil
13-Oct-2008, 06:29 PM
will there be footage from the game interspersed throughout?:evil:

Hopefully there will be a CTRL-ALT-DEL option!

Danny
13-Oct-2008, 06:36 PM
Yeah, but Boll is/was a quite competant boxer though, correct?

The critic was what? An amateur at best, or a total non-boxer?

Unfair fight much?

Boll can suck a f*ck and piss the sh*t off as far as I'm concerned, that no-talent hack-job should just give up once and for all. It really burns my cheeks that this turdbag nob'ed-ed dick blister gets to keep making utterly god-awful movies (and bad-bad, not good-bad), meanwhile there's so much actual talent out there in the world struggling to get quality stuff made.

It's just sick ... how sick? Gordon Brown "enjoying" the current economic crisis sick ... yes, a Labour MP was quoted as saying Gordon Clown is "enjoying" people's misery ... ... exactly.

that should be the dictionary definition of tangentially right there.:lol:

AcesandEights
13-Oct-2008, 07:15 PM
He's doing it....AGAIN?!?!

You've gotta be kidding me... :confused:

clanglee
13-Oct-2008, 07:44 PM
but. . but. . but. . .why?:confused:

Danny
13-Oct-2008, 07:47 PM
You know he challenged his critics to a boxing match to prove he was a worthy director once, and he won! That puts him right up there with Romero for me...an absolute leg......sorry can't continue that sentence without feeling a huge need to pluck my own eyes out.

and to think HOW MANY PEOPLE THERE ARE WITH TALENT trying to break into this ****ing industry and we have F**KING C**TS like him churning out embarassing crap like this.

Makes me sick.

as much as it irks me that hes getting the funding when others that do great shorts dont i gotta admit in hindsight that, dickhead though he may be, if he will literally fight to defend his movies hes at least got to be in it for more than money, especially since they dont make anything. and its better to be a **** filmmaker who wants to make movies than a filmmaker who will churn out the same so-so ****e year after year to just make money.

im looking at the dicks behind the saw "franchise". they piss me off far more than boll ever could.

unless he announced a silent hill 2 movie that is- *cap actually dies from a heart attack right there*:lol:

MinionZombie
13-Oct-2008, 08:54 PM
Hopefully there will be a CTRL-ALT-DEL option!
Or maybe if you play the film, whatever you're playing it on will BSOD and blow up in your face like some sort of Ringu situation re-done...:eek:

Doc
13-Oct-2008, 10:29 PM
as much as it irks me that hes getting the funding when others that do great shorts dont i gotta admit in hindsight that, dickhead though he may be, if he will literally fight to defend his movies hes at least got to be in it for more than money, especially since they dont make anything. and its better to be a **** filmmaker who wants to make movies than a filmmaker who will churn out the same so-so ****e year after year to just make money.

I agree with everything you say! While Boll makes BAD films atleast, it seems that does it because he loves to do it then just for money.....A example is those 2 guys Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer. These two guys suck. They are are not artists, they are nothing but, lazy, talentless filmmakers whose finished product looks it was done with 1/4th of the budget they were actually given.

MoonSylver
13-Oct-2008, 10:40 PM
Dungeon Siege had a $60m budget, and made less that $3m at the US box office!

http://blog.wired.com/games/images/2008/01/15/turnips_2.jpg

It made only just over $10m worldwide!

Even Bloodrayne ended up making only $4 million in worldwide box-office sales. But it cost $25 million to make!

Didn't Germany have a law in effect at one point where you could claim your losses on movies as a tax write-off? That would explain some things...:confused:

Danny
13-Oct-2008, 10:45 PM
Didn't Germany have a law in effect at one point where you could claim your losses on movies as a tax write-off? That would explain some things...:confused:

boll himself said thats what got him into movies.

Bub666
13-Oct-2008, 10:46 PM
Oh god,not another Uwe Boll movie.Who keeps giving him money to make movies?This sounds like it's going to suck.

Trencher
14-Oct-2008, 07:45 AM
Dungeoun siege was actually not that bad. The actors brought it up and it had some themes that were cool. The kings nephew was great and made me laugh out loud several times.
House of the dead is a really provoking movie, the idea of putting game footage into the film in action scenes and stuff like that provoked me so badly that if Boll were in the room with me I would have charged him in a blind rage him beeing a former proffesional boxer nonwhitstanding. I often watch old bad movies just for he heck of it so I have high tolerance but house of the dead was horrible.

MinionZombie
14-Oct-2008, 10:07 AM
I agree with everything you say! While Boll makes BAD films atleast, it seems that does it because he loves to do it then just for money.....A example is those 2 guys Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer. These two guys suck. They are are not artists, they are nothing but, lazy, talentless filmmakers whose finished product looks it was done with 1/4th of the budget they were actually given.
Oh gawd those two twats piss me right off, another example of how wrong the world can be. That "disaster movie" (featuring NOTHING RELATED TO A DISASTER MOVIE - seemingly, according to the trailer, which is as much as I ever want to suffer through) and all the other 'movies' they've 'made' should be rounded up and hung from a tree so the world can throw sticks and stones at them, then shoot their heads in half with a shotgun - Diary of the Dead style, bitch. :D

As for SAW - the first was a great movie I thought, something different and I really liked the story behind it getting made - I mean, it essentially is/was an indie movie that hit the big time ... then of course it all got OTT after that and the original creator's had increasingly less and less and less to do with the franchise, so you shouldn't be blaming Whannel and Wan, they made a good movie that did something different for very little money compared to their box office haul (Dead Silence and Death Sentence were both pretty good flicks too).

It's just a shame their product got taken over and churned out - but you know what, at least it's not another remake, and it's not like this is the 1980s again where you had several franchises churning out sequels left-right-and-centre, it's pretty much only SAW which is doing that right now.

*rant over*

Boll can f*ck off by the way...not sure if I mentioned that. :lol:

Danny
14-Oct-2008, 12:00 PM
Oh gawd those two twats piss me right off, another example of how wrong the world can be. That "disaster movie" (featuring NOTHING RELATED TO A DISASTER MOVIE - seemingly, according to the trailer, which is as much as I ever want to suffer through) and all the other 'movies' they've 'made' should be rounded up and hung from a tree so the world can throw sticks and stones at them, then shoot their heads in half with a shotgun - Diary of the Dead style, bitch. :D

i swear to god i saw a straight to dvd "NEWS MOVIE" based on anchorman and...well xmen i think in hmv.

bassman
14-Oct-2008, 12:01 PM
It's just a shame their product got taken over and churned out - but you know what, at least it's not another remake, and it's not like this is the 1980s again where you had several franchises churning out sequels left-right-and-centre, it's pretty much only SAW which is doing that right now.

Funny you mention that. I saw a TV Spot for Saw 5 last night at couldn't help but laugh at "The best Saw yet!" knowing that they're already making Saw 6 and will use the same tagline over again.:rolleyes:

As long as there are morons out in the world that watch this crap, they'll keep making it...

Doc
14-Oct-2008, 12:09 PM

Then good news! Apparently Diaster Movie has flopped. Its budget was $25,000,000 and it has only made $13,570,082. So Friedberg and Seltzer get better if not then get new jobs.:p

As for this new zombie flick.....Well I won't be seeing it even if it hits theaters. I guess maybe it might me worth a rental.

Bub666
14-Oct-2008, 12:16 PM
I watched Disaster Movie,and it was horrible.I stopped watching it about half way though the movie.I couldn't stand it anymore.

DubiousComforts
14-Oct-2008, 12:18 PM
but you know what, at least it's not another remake, and it's not like this is the 1980s again where you had several franchises churning out sequels left-right-and-centre, it's pretty much only SAW which is doing that right now.
Oh, Lordy. Did you actually live through the 80s? Because anyone that did would know that sequels weren't the problem.

MinionZombie
14-Oct-2008, 12:41 PM
lol @ "the best SAW yet!" - I know, it's such a throw away line isn't it?

I think I heard that used for SAW IV actually - and SAW IV was utter sh*t.

SAW 1 and 3 were the good ones, SAW 2 was generally "meh" (indeed it was based on a script that wasn't even at all SAW related, but was a bit similar, so that dude got to write and direct if memory serves - that Boussman guy who's done 2 through 4 ... maybe 5? Not sure.)

Disaster Movie - ugh - what the f*ck does Enchanted, Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Batman, Sex and the City, Hancock and so on have to do with disaster movies?!

And the jokes ALWAYS involve either:

1) Men dress as women in drag in a really unfunny way.
2) People getting run over in a really unfunny way.
3) People getting hit by things in a really unfunny way.
4) Things hitting people in a really unfunny way.
5) All of the above in an uber-eye-raping kettle of turd-swill.

Those twats behind that utter garbage should be shot.

bassman
14-Oct-2008, 01:57 PM
SAW 1 and 3 were the good ones, SAW 2 was generally "meh" (indeed it was based on a script that wasn't even at all SAW related, but was a bit similar, so that dude got to write and direct if memory serves - that Boussman guy who's done 2 through 4 ... maybe 5? Not sure.)

I'm excited for his first non-saw project "Repo: The Genetic Opera". It looks like it could be pretty cool, imo.

But trying to get a bit back on topic - I would have to say that of the few Boll film's i've seen, they seem to be on par with all these date/disaster/scary movies. They all suck, but strangely there is an audience for it....

MinionZombie
14-Oct-2008, 04:40 PM
I'm excited for his first non-saw project "Repo: The Genetic Opera". It looks like it could be pretty cool, imo.

But trying to get a bit back on topic - I would have to say that of the few Boll film's i've seen, they seem to be on par with all these date/disaster/scary movies. They all suck, but strangely there is an audience for it....
Yeah, an audience of complete and utter poo-flinging morons.

DawnGirl27
14-Oct-2008, 08:28 PM
He keeps doing it 'cuz he can, plain and simple. Doesn't make it right, but those with money get to do what they want, and make those around them suffer for it... You know, the same ol' same ol'. :rockbrow:

Publius
14-Oct-2008, 08:36 PM
He keeps doing it 'cuz he can, plain and simple. Doesn't make it right, but those with money get to do what they want, and make those around them suffer for it... You know, the same ol' same ol'. :rockbrow:

Fortunately, Uwe Boll can't do a darn thing to make me suffer. I just don't watch his movies. If he wants to spend his money like that, more power to him. :)

Yojimbo
14-Oct-2008, 08:51 PM
I have said it before, and I say it here now.

Uwe Boll is not fit to smell my $hit, let alone direct a movie. That he can kick a movie reviewer's ass proves nothing at all but the inability of the movie reviewer to get it on in the ring. That as a ex-professional boxer he would challenge a movie reviewer (non-professional fighter) to a trial by combat is just lame as hell and makes me want to go kick his ass on pure principle. I would bite him in the calf muscle just to say that I did, even if I run the risk of getting punched out.

MoonSylver
14-Oct-2008, 10:34 PM
boll himself said thats what got him into movies.

Ah....mystery solved then!;)