PDA

View Full Version : This takes the biscuit (kebab!)

Neil
14-Oct-2008, 03:59 PM
So a kebab shop was closed on health grounds... Here's the list of problems... Read them carefully...

* Awful smell
* Mattress on floor of prep room
* Poor structure to building
* Mouldy wall coverings
* Flaking paintwork
* Smears on walls
* Cooked meat put next to uncooked
* Chunks of chicken oozing blood and juices left on freezers
* Refrigerators running at more than 68F (20OC)
* No anti-bacterial cleaning products
* Mouldy food, including naan breads, potatoes and ginger
* Dirt and debris
* Exposed drains
* Flies
* Staff spitting on floor
* Staff smoking
* Rodent infestation with droppings, gnawed ingredients, dead rat in kitchen
* Corpse on sofa

So, after a report, an officer goes to a kebab shop to check it out... And I quote:-

Upon his arrival the officer observed a dead male lying on a sofa at the rear of the main kitchen.

I mean, if you're trying to get your kitchen shut, it's not bad enough having all the other problems, but to happen to have a dead body just hanging around? It's like a comedy sketch! :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/7669625.stm
http://www.expressandstar.com/2008/10/14/rats-flies-and-corpse-at-catering-firm/

Publius
14-Oct-2008, 04:04 PM
Sounds like they were trying out some of the survival food ideas being talked about in the Dead Discussion forum.

MaximusIncredulous
14-Oct-2008, 04:53 PM
I wonder, if left on their own, would they have used the corpse as meat for their kebabs?

capncnut
14-Oct-2008, 05:49 PM
I wonder, if left on their own, would they have used the corpse as meat for their kebabs?
Next to those rotating kebab spits, they generally keep a pot of cooked meat. I've always wondered about the contents of those pots. :D

bassman
14-Oct-2008, 05:59 PM
Cool. So they have their own "guy on the coach"

http://movies.infinitecoolness.com/16/hbaked04.jpg

Sounds like my kind of place...

Danny
14-Oct-2008, 06:38 PM

guy round here was done for luring in the neighborhood dogs to use as meat.:|

horrormad
14-Oct-2008, 06:51 PM
This is horrible.

MinionZombie
14-Oct-2008, 08:19 PM
And this is why I've NEVER eaten a kebab! Plus the fact it's meat cooked from the outside in slowly, so you're bound to get sh*t-rot in peak times ... and goodness knows what else when there's a corpse hanging around ... I mean how do you not realise there's something wrong there?!

Hellsing - when did you ditch the teens and join the ranks of the immature-adults? :D

Danny
14-Oct-2008, 08:46 PM
Hellsing - when did you ditch the teens and join the ranks of the immature-adults? :D

april, the ripe old age of two decades.

-and whats with horrormads nazi theme today?

MaximusIncredulous
14-Oct-2008, 08:57 PM
-and whats with horrormads nazi theme today?

:lol:

Let's hope those Nazis don't download any movies illegally.

MikePizzoff
14-Oct-2008, 09:15 PM
This is horrible.

Compared to your user icon and sig, this is a walk in the park.

Neil
14-Oct-2008, 09:35 PM
I've heard, that that kebabs can last a few days... So at the end of a night they turn it off and it cools down. Insects land on it and burrow in, ready for the next nights cooking!

If you hit a particularly sweet bit of meat, chanced are it's been flavoured with a cooked insect from 1-2 night before...

Andy
14-Oct-2008, 09:56 PM
lol actual fact, a kabab shop near me was robbed one night, the owner held at knifepoint.. the theives left the till, never touched it, all they took was the donner meat thing off the skewer.

pissheads man..

Bub666
14-Oct-2008, 11:58 PM
* Awful smell
* Mattress on floor of prep room
* Poor structure to building
* Mouldy wall coverings
* Flaking paintwork
* Smears on walls
* Cooked meat put next to uncooked
* Chunks of chicken oozing blood and juices left on freezers
* Refrigerators running at more than 68F (20OC)
* No anti-bacterial cleaning products
* Mouldy food, including naan breads, potatoes and ginger
* Dirt and debris
* Exposed drains
* Flies
* Staff spitting on floor
* Staff smoking
* Rodent infestation with droppings, gnawed ingredients, dead rat in kitchen
* Corpse on sofa

With a list like that,it sounds like they were trying to get shut down.:DBut this is really horrible.

lullubelle
15-Oct-2008, 12:05 AM

My thoughts exactly, Yuck...Zombie Kebobs anyone?:D

Cody
15-Oct-2008, 12:40 AM
haha was not expecting that last one

Chic Freak
18-Oct-2008, 12:28 PM
I saw this on the news... apparently the owner has had his license to sell food permanently taken away (hardly suprising) but the death of the man isn't under any kind of suspicion.

How can people still eat kebabs??

Neil
18-Oct-2008, 12:52 PM
IHow can people still eat kebabs??
Alcohol?

On a serious note. When I used to go to London, I used to go to a kebab place which actually used proper lamb. The scewer had whole slices of lamb, not that odd stuff we normally see. They were lovely!

Chic Freak
18-Oct-2008, 12:53 PM
Alcohol?

What about it? I've drunk obscene amounts in my time and still never eaten a kebab. Or anything else any worse than a pizza and chips (as far as I remember, anyway).

Neil
18-Oct-2008, 01:24 PM
What about it? I've drunk obscene amounts in my time and still never eaten a kebab. Or anything else any worse than a pizza and chips (as far as I remember, anyway).

I went thru a stage in my youth of eating a kebab on the way home... Not had one for a loooonnnng time now!

capncnut
18-Oct-2008, 08:04 PM
Flies in kebabs? I've found a tooth in one before but never a fly. :D

TheSeasonOfFire
18-Oct-2008, 10:27 PM
I am outraged! Sickened! Disgusted!

I mean seriously...FLAKING PAINTWORK?!?!?! :mad:

Andy
18-Oct-2008, 11:22 PM
Oh come on you guys are being unreasonable, if you go to a good kabab place where you know the guys running it and it has a open kitchen (so you can see what their doing the whole time) then there is nothing better than a good succulent kabab.. my regular place, i have been going for 8 years now and know all the staff by name, get priority service and free meals when he is trying out new curries. i love my take away guy.

Bub666
19-Oct-2008, 02:09 AM
I am outraged! Sickened! Disgusted!

I mean seriously...FLAKING PAINTWORK?!?!?! :mad:

:confused::lol:

Danny
19-Oct-2008, 12:31 PM
Oh come on you guys are being unreasonable, if you go to a good kabab place where you know the guys running it and it has a open kitchen (so you can see what their doing the whole time) then there is nothing better than a good succulent kabab.. my regular place, i have been going for 8 years now and know all the staff by name, get priority service and free meals when he is trying out new curries. i love my take away guy.

ill join in the love for the greasiest snack ever, chuck some chilli, mint sauce and garlic mayo and its genius, and possibly deadly.

capncnut
20-Oct-2008, 12:45 AM
Oh come on you guys are being unreasonable, if you go to a good kabab place where you know the guys running it and it has a open kitchen (so you can see what their doing the whole time) then there is nothing better than a good succulent kabab.
Agreed, I'm rather partial to a chicken doner or a chicken shish, as it happens. And the chili sauce ol' John-John has in the pot is well hot!