PDA

View Full Version : What's your parents fave horror film?

horrormad
14-Oct-2008, 07:01 PM
My parents loves the Nightmare on elm street series and Friday the 13th.

What does your parents like?

Danny
14-Oct-2008, 07:06 PM
mine never watch em, my gran loves the 60's to 80's horror the most, her favorites being the shining,night of the living dead and well as for modern ones i think she hates em all, the most horror themed thing she watched in the last ten years was probably buffy.

horrormad
14-Oct-2008, 07:09 PM
Cool she likes the shining.

Most modern horror films are sh*t.

Tricky
14-Oct-2008, 07:34 PM
My mum wont watch horror films & my dad thinks the majority of them are laughable crap (and to be fair he's not far wrong if recent "horror" cinema is anything to go by!) :lol: he does like the classics like the shining,american werewolf in london etc though

capncnut
14-Oct-2008, 07:48 PM
My mum doesn't really like horror films but my 87 year old grandmother loves 'em, especially Krueger and Chucky. :D

bassman
14-Oct-2008, 08:11 PM
My dad doesn't watch many movies of any kind. And if he ever does, it's usually a war film. So no horror for him.

My mom isn't much into horror either, but she does love Jaws.

MinionZombie
14-Oct-2008, 08:21 PM
Both my parents watched Shaun of the Dead, and both really liked it ... but that's a rom-zom-com, so it's not full on horror by far.

My Dad went to see The Exorcist in the cinema (before it got banned), but he and his mates got thoroughly bored and decided to ditch it in order to get to the pub for last orders. :lol:

My Dad has seen a bunch of snippets of horror movies flicking around on Sky, and he's seen all the Alien movies, and he's seen a bunch of hammer horror stuff I think, not sure.

Obviously horror isn't my Mum's cup-o-tea. :D

Meanwhile I've been into horror since the age of nine. :cool:

Publius
14-Oct-2008, 08:34 PM
I think my mom's favorite is the 1978 version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Not sure about my dad.

DawnGirl27
14-Oct-2008, 08:38 PM
My dad's not into horror at all, but my mom loved old horror movies, like Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Blob, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Birds, etc. She watched Aliens with me once (one of my all-time faves) and really liked it. I was always able to share my love of sci-fi and horror movies with her - it was pretty cool. :cool:

clanglee
14-Oct-2008, 08:48 PM
I get my love of horror movies from my mother. My father will watch 'em, but they aren't his thing. Because she loves horror movies so much, she sort of warped me and my sister at an early age. We grew up with horror films, so after the mental scarring period, we grew to love them as well.

My mom's fave? Hmmmm. . .either the Exorcist or Rosemary's Baby.

MikePizzoff
14-Oct-2008, 09:28 PM
I think some of my Mom's favorites would be Alien, The Exorcist, Cry Of The Banshee, and The Abonimable Dr Phibes.

Like many of you know, my Grandmother is the one that got me into horror films at a very young age (allowing me to stay up super late every Saturday, when channels would actually have horror marathons every weekend). I think her favorites are Night Of The Living Dead, House On Haunted Hill (original, of course), and the Nightmare On Elm St series.

DjfunkmasterG
14-Oct-2008, 10:03 PM
My Mom supports my work, so her favorite is Deadlands 2: Trapped, my father... he thinks horror movies are a waste of money and not worth wasting his time on.

Bub666
14-Oct-2008, 11:49 PM
My father loves John Carpenter's The Thing.My mother hates horror movies.

lullubelle
15-Oct-2008, 12:10 AM
My mum loves The Car and The Fog (original), had nightmares for days and slept with lights on when she saw Night Of The Living Dead (original), hey she's 61, no one tell I said her age she will kick my rear end :D:D:D