PDA

View Full Version : Just bought the warriors

acealive1
14-Oct-2008, 09:33 PM
WOW

i dont know what else to say except that, the game is true to the movie and has a wonderful backstory. its a shame that it was only in limited production and wasnt as hyped as some of rockstar's games.

PJoseph
14-Oct-2008, 10:17 PM
I loved that game. It's fantastic and the tone of the game is really well produced.

pJ

AcesandEights
14-Oct-2008, 10:30 PM
The Co-op mode in that game is fantastic!

Craig
14-Oct-2008, 10:47 PM
Without a doubt one of my favourite games ever. I rarely replay games more than twice, if at all. But this is one I can't help but come back to at least once a year so it seems.

clanglee
14-Oct-2008, 10:48 PM
Bah, I need to go ahead and grab that game. . since my sis took away the 360. I at least have my old xbox still.

acealive1
15-Oct-2008, 01:55 AM
Bah, I need to go ahead and grab that game. . since my sis took away the 360. I at least have my old xbox still.

break your sisters ankles

clanglee
15-Oct-2008, 10:36 PM
break your sisters ankles

Thinking wrists instead. she would need the 360 even more with broken ankles.

Cody
16-Oct-2008, 05:22 AM
never played it or watched the movie.

dont yell at me :(

MikePizzoff
16-Oct-2008, 02:15 PM
Without a doubt one of my favourite games ever. I rarely replay games more than twice, if at all. But this is one I can't help but come back to at least once a year so it seems.

Yes sir! Definitely one of my ALL TIME favorites. A game I can easily play over and over and over and over (ad nauseam)...

AcesandEights
16-Oct-2008, 02:29 PM
never played it or watched the movie.

dont yell at me :(

!!!

Cody, check the movie out sometime. You can get it on DVD fairly cheaply and pretty easily now. :)

acealive1
16-Oct-2008, 11:50 PM
!!!

Cody, check the movie out sometime. You can get it on DVD fairly cheaply and pretty easily now. :)

$7.50 as of today at wal mart for the director's cut

DawnGirl27
17-Oct-2008, 12:00 AM
*Clink, clink* "Warriors! Come out and pla-a-ay!" :D

acealive1
17-Oct-2008, 01:50 AM
havent heard it in the game yet as it starts THREE months before cyrus gets greased

MikePizzoff
17-Oct-2008, 04:52 AM
havent heard it in the game yet as it starts THREE months before cyrus gets greased

Sorry to tell ya this, but from what I remember the entire game takes place before the movie.

capncnut
17-Oct-2008, 11:26 AM
*Clink, clink* "Warriors! Come out and pla-a-ay!" :D
Haha, beat me to it! :sneaky:

Craig
17-Oct-2008, 02:32 PM
Sorry to tell ya this, but from what I remember the entire game takes place before the movie.
Nope, there's pretty much all the bits from the movie. Admittedly it's not the majority of the game but it's all there.

acealive1
18-Oct-2008, 12:22 AM
Nope, there's pretty much all the bits from the movie. Admittedly it's not the majority of the game but it's all there.

im playing it right now,about 40% of the game is set a full 90 days before the movie. but once it gets there, theres HUGE montages that were done scene for scene according to the movie. the whole scene with the speech by cyrus was done in real time and left out NO dialogue.

the movie now makes way more sense because when they see certain gangs in the movie it looks like they've come in contact before. it also tells how the warriors were formed. the actor who plays cleon wins by a landslide as his performance is electric,ajax is a close second.

clanglee
19-Oct-2008, 12:44 AM
"What'samatta Ace? You goin' Faggot?"

acealive1
19-Oct-2008, 07:02 AM
"What'samatta Ace? You goin' Faggot?"

LOL he says that line about 6 times through out the game

Yojimbo
22-Oct-2008, 12:48 AM
I did not like the directors cut. They messed with sequences in the movie, having the ends of scenes or beginnings of scenes fade into or from a comic book-like rendering of the scene. Kind of stupid.

But what an awesome game though! Dug that soundtrack too, haven't heard some of those cuts since I was a little kid. Brings me right back to the late 70s.

"Shake it baby, shake it all you can tonight..." <--- you never hear that on the radio anymore. Not that it's a great song, mind you, but nostalgia makes it listenable now.

acealive1
22-Oct-2008, 12:54 AM
I did not like the directors cut. They messed with sequences in the movie, having the ends of scenes or beginnings of scenes fade into or from a comic book-like rendering of the scene. Kind of stupid.

But what an awesome game though! Dug that soundtrack too, haven't heard some of those cuts since I was a little kid. Brings me right back to the late 70s.

"Shake it baby, shake it all you can tonight..." <--- you never hear that on the radio anymore. Not that it's a great song, mind you, but nostalgia makes it listenable now.

unles uwanna buy the old version used, then thats all we got for sale now

ProfessorChaos
20-Jul-2009, 04:59 AM
old thread, i know, but i was at a party the other night and a bunch of people were hanging out in the basement watching the warriors...i only caught the end, and realized that it's been forever since i've seen this flick, so i ordered the us theatrical release dvd and decided to go ahead and pick up a copy of the xbox game. based on what i've read in this thread, i'm in for a treat...:hyper:

krakenslayer
20-Jul-2009, 01:05 PM
used to play this on my PSP so much I broke the analogue stick stealing car radios. The PSP version was incredible considering the hardware the gameplay and graphics are IDENTICAL to the Xbox version.

AcesandEights
20-Jul-2009, 02:33 PM
old thread, i know, but i was at a party the other night and a bunch of people were hanging out in the basement watching the warriors...i only caught the end, and realized that it's been forever since i've seen this flick, so i ordered the us theatrical release dvd and decided to go ahead and pick up a copy of the xbox game. based on what i've read in this thread, i'm in for a treat...:hyper:

I picked up the DVD a few months back myself and really enjoyed what little I was able to play of the game on my old XBox. I don't even know if it's compatible with the 360...hmmm....

capncnut
20-Jul-2009, 02:54 PM
I don't even know if it's compatible with the 360...hmmm....
Criminally, it isn't.

ProfessorChaos
20-Jul-2009, 09:21 PM
waitaminute.....the warriors isn't compatible with a 360? are you fucking serious or did i read that wrong? if that's the case, that blows a big one since i don't own an original fucking sexbox.....:confused:

krakenslayer
20-Jul-2009, 10:08 PM
waitaminute.....the warriors isn't compatible with a 360? are you fucking serious or did i read that wrong? if that's the case, that blows a big one since i don't own an original fucking sexbox.....:confused:

No sweat, you can pick them up second hand for like £20 at Blockbuster Games.

darth los
21-Jul-2009, 12:54 AM
Yeah the 360 really dropped the ball with backward compatibility. I can remember more than afew people being upset about it. Although we don't sweat it now because, honestly, who wants to play most of those old games anyway?

:cool:

capncnut
21-Jul-2009, 05:09 AM
No it ain't son. Bollocks innit?

darth los
22-Jul-2009, 05:16 PM
Caaaaaaaaaan yooooooooooooooooooooou dig iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit !! :thumbsup:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm actually suprised no one has uttered that phrase yet.

Yojimbo
22-Jul-2009, 05:59 PM
That director's cut with the added fades to comic book art pissed me off. It was ok, I guess, but I prefer the original version, but do not know if that is avaliable any more on DVD.

I do recommend you see the film, directors cut or not, and the game was really entertaining. Good soundtrack too, hadn't heard some of those late 70's/early 80's hits since the early 80's.

Can yooooou diiiig it?

EDIT: Fuck it, funny thing is that I just found out that I had replied to this message a while back and basically hit the same points in my original post that I did above. Sorry for the duplicates folks, these necro threads, man, they freak me out.

darth los
22-Jul-2009, 06:19 PM
Sorry for the duplicates folks, these necro threads, man, they freak me out.

O.K. dude we've been over this before. It doesn't count if you you pick your nose while you say it. :p

Yojimbo
22-Jul-2009, 06:25 PM
O.K. dude we've been over this before. It doesn't count if you you pick your nose while you say it. :p

Duly noted, and digging away as I type this to make up for it! :)

darth los
22-Jul-2009, 06:58 PM
Duly noted, and digging away as I type this to make up for it! :)

Whatever you do don't let your wife catch you doing that nasty shit !! :lol::lol:

Need I say more?

Yojimbo
22-Jul-2009, 07:30 PM
Whatever you do don't let your wife catch you doing that nasty shit !! :lol::lol:

Need I say more?

And to think there was once a time when I would hide my farts from my wife by turning up the radio. :)

We hit the ten year mark, so the honeymoon has long been over, but I think it would be better if I followed your advice and refrained from digging for gold in front of her. For some reason, that seems much more crude than cutting one in front of her.

krakenslayer
22-Jul-2009, 07:33 PM
And to think there was once a time when I would hide my farts from my wife by turning up the radio. :)

We hit the ten year mark, so the honeymoon has long been over, but I think it would be better if I followed your advice and refrained from digging for gold in front of her. For some reason, that seems much more crude than cutting one in front of her.

The problem with getting caught digging is not so much that she'll be offended by the act itself, but that she'll go mental when she sees you nonchalantly flick it away onto the carpet. Believe me, I've been there! :lol:

Yojimbo
22-Jul-2009, 07:35 PM
The problem with getting caught digging is not so much that she'll be offended by the act itself, but that she'll go mental when she sees you nonchalantly flick it away onto the carpet. Believe me, I've been there! :lol:

But seriously, early on she once told me off when she stepped on one of my very sharp toenail clippings, so I know better than to fling a booger onto the floor and would likely be better off eating it. Ok, this is getting gross and personal. :)

krakenslayer
22-Jul-2009, 07:37 PM
But seriously, early on she once told me off when she stepped on one of my very sharp toenail clippings, so I know better than to fling a booger onto the floor and would likely be better off eating it. Ok, this is getting gross and personal. :)

Toenail clippings are somehow worse... actually, yeah, how did we get from The Warriors to this? :lol:

Yojimbo
23-Jul-2009, 03:18 AM
Toenail clippings are somehow worse... actually, yeah, how did we get from The Warriors to this? :lol:

Apologies to the board and to my homeboy Kraken for putting up with the explicit details of marital life. And now, back to The Warriors, a game which fucking rules, and a movie that has held up over the years, in spite of some cheesy moments.

BTW: Has anyone else here read the original novel the film was based on? Surprisingly good and very different from the screen version, based somewhere in the late 50s early 60s era of rumbling with chains and knives.

ProfessorChaos
23-Jul-2009, 03:34 AM
given that this is a rockstar game that came out around the same time as GTA:san andreas (perhaps the best GTA game ever, in terms of crazy shit to do, music, vehicles, etc), this game has heavy emphasis on fighting and bustin heads, and the warriors is indeed a great film, not to mention the fact i've already ordered the game, i decided to run down an old sexbox from a friend who was cool enough to come off of it pretty frakken cheaply.

so in a couple of days, i'll be finding out just how good this game is...:D

Spider
23-Jul-2009, 04:14 PM
I prefer the theatrical version to the director's cut DVD. I ended up trading off my director's cut DVD & kept the normal version.

I found the Warriors soundtrack on vinyl yesterday for $5. The cover is a bit worn but the record itself is in great condition. Plays perfectly too!

AcesandEights
23-Jul-2009, 04:20 PM
I

I found the Warriors soundtrack on vinyl yesterday for $5. The cover is a bit worn but the record itself is in great condition. Plays perfectly too!

!!!

Damn, that's an epic find. I haven't picked up any vinyl in...maybe over a decade, but that would have been tempting had I come across it.