PDA

View Full Version : BioShock 2: Sea of Dreams teaser...

MinionZombie
16-Oct-2008, 05:57 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/16/rumor-bioshock-ps3-teases-bioshock-2-sea-of-dreams/

Check out a rough video of the short, but tingle-inducing teaser for BioShock 2 - which seemingly puts us above sea level (at least for part anyway).

capncnut
16-Oct-2008, 10:32 PM
Well that trailer made no sense whatsoever. :confused:

Danny
16-Oct-2008, 11:48 PM
Well that trailer made no sense whatsoever. :confused:

i think i was metaphorical, the sand was meant to be rapture rising above the waves and i think that was one of the grown up little sisters form the good ending.

cant bloody wait, best game of last year. bar none.

did you ever play this mz?

Bub666
17-Oct-2008, 02:40 AM
Yeah,that trailer made absolutely no sense to me.

DeadJonas190
17-Oct-2008, 04:44 AM
Yeah,that trailer made absolutely no sense to me.

Have teaser trailers ever made sense?

I loved Bioshock and still think it is one of the best games on the market. It was very close to being a perfect game.

I hope the sequel is equally good :D

MinionZombie
17-Oct-2008, 09:43 AM
Hellsing - yes, I have played BioShock, and it was cocking awesome, so it was. :cool: The last couple of levels went a bit "meh", and the sense of sheer wonder was diluted, but up to that point the game was nothing short of superb.

Such an amazingly realised world too, shat me up a few times too, plus the graphics were frequently jaw dropping.

As for the teaser, aye that's gotta be a grown up l'il sister - hence the toy big daddy in her hand ... well, grown up a bit anyway perhaps, you don't get a proper look.

Aye, it seems to suggest a city above sea level - whether that's Rapture rising or not, who knows? I wonder what the above sea level gimmick would be then, because obviously with BioShock 1 the gimmick is that you're in an underwater city - and the water itself.

Hmmm, intrigued I am! :cool:

Danny
17-Oct-2008, 12:00 PM
y'all should get your asses over to the cult of rapture website, the entire soundtracks on there for free, legally.

MinionZombie
17-Oct-2008, 06:07 PM
y'all should get your asses over to the cult of rapture website, the entire soundtracks on there for free, legally.
I got it when I was originally playing the game back in March/April time (which was filling the gap in the lead up to GTA IV :)).

A nice OST so it is, listened to it a few times, but in terms of recently gotten OSTs, the Assassination of Jesse James OST gets the most plays from me - SUPERB stuff.

Craig
18-Oct-2008, 03:12 PM
My copy is still in the plastic wrapper from Christmas :lol:, considering selling it now.

MinionZombie
18-Oct-2008, 06:20 PM
My copy is still in the plastic wrapper from Christmas :lol:, considering selling it now.
Dude! - PLAY BioShock damnit! It's freakin' sweet!

Danny
19-Oct-2008, 01:19 AM

i dont even need to break open "Danny's home made ,family style, fail meme pictures" for that one

PLAY THE BEST FIRST PERSON SHOOTER THIS SIDE OF HALF LIFE 2 RIGHT NOW!!

Kaos
19-Oct-2008, 04:14 AM
I played the PC version and thought it was fan-friggin-tastic. I'll take a look at this one when it comes out.

Craig
19-Oct-2008, 01:56 PM
Maybe I've just become too accustomed to PC games but I find playing console games quite a chore now.

MinionZombie
19-Oct-2008, 06:25 PM
Maybe I've just become too accustomed to PC games but I find playing console games quite a chore now.
Buy BioShock on the PC then. :p

Craig
19-Oct-2008, 06:36 PM
Buy BioShock on the PC then. :p
Hahaha :lol:, you're a funny guy MZ.

slickwilly13
19-Oct-2008, 07:40 PM
The graphics on the first Bioshock blew me away. It was like watching a dark Pixar movie. I could only imagine how it would look on a HD TV. But I felt like a pedifile when I would convert the girls back to normal. "NO! NO,no!" *L*

MinionZombie
19-Oct-2008, 08:52 PM
lol, I always thought it was kinda sweet in a way, the violin music kicking in, the flux of light bursting forth and then you've done good and saved a "little sister".

The graphics are bloody great, and the world itself is so fully realised that you get totally wrapped up in it all. I took ages to play through the game, simply because I was stopping every few steps to gawp at some other new amazing vista, or neat little detail, or some creepy-as-fook horror.

A superb game! Anybody who doesn't play it is a putz! :D