PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Dario Argento ("Mother of Tears" movie)

Minerva_Zombi
17-Oct-2008, 04:11 AM
I hate to say it but Argento has lost it. You can hate on Diary and Land all you want but those films are masterpieces compared to this thing. Argento has sadly lost his touch. I had to turn it off after about 20 minutes. It was just bad. Argento used to make horror and gore an art form. The first 20 minutes was just cheesy and very sad.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!
The movie lost me after the crazy monkey and gargoyle people kill the chick from Demons 2. It made no sense and was completely rediculous.

And the scene where the woman throws the baby off the bridge. I'm not one to be easily offended by something like that, BUT that was just too much. Tasteless. Something I thought I'd never say about Argento's work. If it was done effectively and with some sort of taste, it'd be okay. But, it was just... dumb. and un called for... I turned it off after that.

I'd say Argento's stuff has gone downhill since Trauma in 93. Can't say im a fan of Newer Argento. But films like Deep Red, Suspiria, and Tenebrae are FOREVER CLASSICS in my book.

R.I.P
Dario Argento

:(

MikePizzoff
17-Oct-2008, 04:54 AM
...what movie are you talking about?

Minerva_Zombi
17-Oct-2008, 05:10 AM
Mother of Tears... my bad. lol

SymphonicX
17-Oct-2008, 07:25 AM
I thought Dario had died, and was quite upset until I realised it was just a rant about his movie....not fair man! I was making plans to go to his funeral between loading pages...now I don't get to go to Italy.

MinionZombie
17-Oct-2008, 09:48 AM
I thought Dario had died, and was quite upset until I realised it was just a rant about his movie....not fair man! I was making plans to go to his funeral between loading pages...now I don't get to go to Italy.
I thought the exact same thing, so to dispell any more "omfg!" moments, I added the title of the movie into the subject heading. :)

DjfunkmasterG
17-Oct-2008, 10:07 AM
Well, if him throwing a baby off a bridge offended you, then, it would seem to reason that he hasn't lost his touch. If it bothered you that much I would think he hit a nerve.

Not defending the movie, which I have not seen, nor him, because quite frankly, I only like Suspiria, otherwise I never liked his work.

Bub666
17-Oct-2008, 10:22 AM

Thats what I thought too.

EvilNed
17-Oct-2008, 12:42 PM
Mother of Tears was by no mean a masterpiece, and it was very cheesy. But I kinda enjoyed it, except that it was a bit too long. I loved the baby throwing scene. But the "modern age" witches were pretty lame.

Purge
19-Oct-2008, 03:12 PM
I rented it from Netflix a week or so ago, and yeah, it was a let-down. Its first half hour or so was well-done, but it sank pretty quickly after that. It's safe to say that Dario's best days are behind him.