PDA

View Full Version : Since we're talking about resident evil.

p2501
02-Mar-2006, 05:46 PM
how was RE4, and is it worth buying?

i've read you can now actually aim your shots, and hit things in the head. does this actually work or to you still have to dump the required amount of rounds into an enermy before they go down, like before?

Enzomatrix
02-Mar-2006, 06:38 PM
its worth it i dunno about the ps2 version but i have the gamecube one and its the **** hands down. if you havent played it do so its like 20 bucks new now too so youre getting more than your moneys worth. replay value is pretty decent since you will no doubt play it more than once and on different dificulty levels( i suggest playing it on normal first) and to get different weapons and use them on the different enemies and bosses. ive played through it 4 times 2 times on normal and 2 on hard mode and the mercenaries missions are fun to play over and over to see how high you can score.

when the ps2 version hits 20 ill probably buy it too just to see the extra stuf.

head shots work and then again they dont do what you think they might it depends on the weapon you use and how much you upgraded it. it goes without saying a shotgun blast will pop a top but handguns are hit and miss it may take a few shots and with limited ammom you will find yourself aming for legs and kness to knock them down so you can run away .

but there are some amazingly powerful guns that will crack a skull everytime it all depends on the weapons. aiming is tight and somethign they should have done with the series a long time ago. thats why i wish all the earlier resident evil games could be made with re 4's game engine and controlls id love to go through racoon city like that.

p2501
02-Mar-2006, 07:10 PM
cool, and thanks.

i think the PS2 version is out currently, i'll have to check.

Andy
02-Mar-2006, 07:27 PM
yes but the PS2 version is crappy to compare, the graphics are no-where near as nice, the gameplay isnt as smooth and its full of glitches that arn't in the gamecube version.

i bought a gamecube especially for resident evil 4 (i have the silver one) and i now own every resident evil game on it :)

but back to the point, yes you can aim and make headshots, and you can take down enemies faster by hitting them in the head, but the baddies arn't zombies, their smart and fast (ie if your shooting, they wont just walk into your line of fire, they'll find alternate routes to you) so your normally better making legshots.

plus sometimes when you make a headshot later on in the game a annoying bug thing comes out their head and attacks you.

DeadJonas190
03-Mar-2006, 03:54 AM
Andy, you gave away one of the secerets!

Andy
03-Mar-2006, 09:11 AM
meh it was a evil secret anyway :|

Enzomatrix
03-Mar-2006, 10:05 AM
lol yeah i was trying my best to censor what i put in the post theres too many little things that could kill the overall story if you havent played it before. although i sawa bunch of shows on re 4 before i ever played it and i was still fairly surprised by alot of the game. especially alot of different things with boss battles.

p2501
03-Mar-2006, 02:08 PM
nah, it's cool i know about the parasites. i've been reading up on it on GameFAQs.com.

honestly i'm most intrested in the game play, the RE games' plots have always been kinda thin.

erisi236
03-Mar-2006, 02:39 PM
the game is great beyond great, but that last boss, what a puss :dead:

p2501
06-Mar-2006, 02:54 PM
what's the last boss?

erisi236
06-Mar-2006, 03:30 PM
it's a giant spider-ish thingy with lots of eyeballs, you shoot the eyes on it's legs and then run up and stab it in the main eye, it's easy if you know what your doing. :)

p2501
06-Mar-2006, 04:22 PM
WTF?

so your fighting Shelob?

alright,....gaaaay

idsaluteyoubub
06-Mar-2006, 07:58 PM
I played the PS2 version and have watched people play the Gamecube version and I dont see that much of a difference. Frankly, I would buy the PS2 version simply because it has added bonuses to it. I am not the biggest worshipper of graphics...I can care less if the game is good. Id rather have a solid game with mediocre graphics over a game with all bark and no bite...

...I didnt recognize any glitches in the PS2 version, either...but I never played through the GC version.

Its a great game all around. I was a little reluctant to find out it wasnt the standard RE zombie game, but grew out of that quick. Definately worth picking up.

Enzomatrix
06-Mar-2006, 08:02 PM
I played the PS2 version and have watched people play the Gamecube version and I dont see that much of a difference. Frankly, I would buy the PS2 version simply because it has added bonuses to it. I am not the biggest worshipper of graphics...I can care less if the game is good. Id rather have a solid game with mediocre graphics over a game with all bark and no bite...

...I didnt recognize any glitches in the PS2 version, either...but I never played through the GC version.

Its a great game all around. I was a little reluctant to find out it wasnt the standard RE zombie game, but grew out of that quick. Definately worth picking up.

i think that was the majority of the games fans opinions because i wanted a continuation of the story they ended in code veronica and though im still ****ed they left that story up in the air ( although they could make a movie ) ill be glad to see a return to zombie in the RE 5 not to mention more action and a wider selection of weapons.

Danny
15-Mar-2006, 01:44 AM
its a good game, but honestly ,cold fear seems more like a true resi game than this, roll on resi 5 for the ps3 and 360, FAST ZOMBIES BYATCH!

taradino cassat
30-Mar-2006, 07:38 PM
When I first saw the trailer i was looking forward to it but after beating it 7 times the faults of the game shine through the initial excitment. Don't get me wrong it's lots of fun and the graphics are awesome but it isn't much else, The game had no relevance to the resident evil series what so ever. When I say it didn't feel like a resident evil game i'm not complaining about the change of gameplay style with the chase camera and free aiming, I'm saying the storyline and charcters were worse than DMC 1 (and that's saying something). Take Leon for example, the main character of the game, He first appeared in RE2 as "a rookie cop burning with a need to protect and serve" and he was cool not because of crazy stunts it was because his character was just some average joe with a gun which is what I would be in that situation, he acts the same way I would. In RE4 they made him into some loud-mouth gymnast with Miss-whine-alot Ashley as his sidekick. They removed all the things that made Leon cool initially by giving him a repetouir of crazy stunts and a attitude problem and what's with all the emphasis on the knife? In RE2 the emphasis was on the character and His problems that you have to solve, in RE4 the knife is the face of the game and Leon is just a prop. Thankfully Ada Wong hasn't changed much, she has the right Idea, where Leon draws his knife and has a dramatic Knife fight she simply shoots the knife out of the bad guys hand, that's my girl! But her character in the game is less mysterious than RE2 you can see through her like a glass window. In short RE4 was more about cinematic appeal than being scared out of your wits by freaky Bio weapons and that's what made it a bad game. I give it 4/10 because I still enjoyed blasting whatever those freaky villagers were.

Danny
30-Mar-2006, 11:39 PM
i cant agree more. to put it simply, though a good action game, its not resident evil, if you know what i mean, it you played this along side resi 2 (the best one) they dont compare ,the storyline is sub-par and its true leons gone a ''first blood'' on us. and as much as i want resi5 it appears from the trailer that chris redfeilds gone the same way.

and in resi 6 barry kicks the **** out of bruce lee, mr .t ,chuck norris AND charleton heston,lol.

thecoldwarrior
31-Mar-2006, 03:53 AM
um sorry, but re4 is not just the ****!!! its the best game Ive played in a long time. I have everything done but pro mode (3 times through reg). Replay is great and the bounus stuff is not too shabby! I got done with it for the 3rd time and now I want to play re2 and 3 again. My 3rd ps2 is dead >:( and with ps3 around the corner I might as well wait. So re2 and 3 on gamecube....sweeeeeet (I love my wavebirds) yeah!!! Thing is they want $40 each at my local eb. Found it online for $24. Other thing is I have them for every system even dreamcast.....blahh. $80 is a good chunk of the next system. Btw NO xbox for me thank you, bills got enough $$$$$$$!!!