PDA

View Full Version : Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama.

Purge
19-Oct-2008, 03:13 PM
He just announced it on Press The Meat a half hour ago. Boy, Fux News is gonna have a field day with him.

acealive1
19-Oct-2008, 10:47 PM
whats the whole stink about it? he's not affiliated with any party and has worked for both dems and repubs in the white house.

Bub666
20-Oct-2008, 02:04 AM
Why is this even news?I don't know about anyone else,but I could care less who Colin Powell endorses.

Skippy911sc
20-Oct-2008, 05:23 PM
Technically hes a republican and served as W's Sec. of State...this is a huge blow to McCain.

axlish
20-Oct-2008, 06:29 PM
It really just fortifies the fact that he had (has) major disagreements with the current regime and that his resignation was not simply because he was eager to retire. I consider it a damning statement for McCain's campaign as well. People trust and respect Powell so his endorsement carries weight.

DjfunkmasterG
20-Oct-2008, 06:49 PM
Yet as of today, McCains numbers are up and now he is only 5 points behind Obama as opposed to 9 last week.

Looks like Powell's endorsement didn't mean jacksh*t.

darth los
21-Oct-2008, 06:01 PM
It really just fortifies the fact that he had (has) major disagreements with the current regime and that his resignation was not simply because he was eager to retire. I consider it a damning statement for McCain's campaign as well. People trust and respect Powell so his endorsement carries weight.

I always thought that him playing the good soldier meant riding into the sunset all tight lipped. But you know he wasn't happy about the way he put himself out there in order to make the case for invading Iraq when it turned out to be total Bullsh8t. He lost alot of credibility on that one. Who knows, if not for that he might have been the first black president.

:cool: