PDA

View Full Version : Any of you guys seen 'Max Payne'?

Neil
20-Oct-2008, 09:02 AM
Thoughts?

MinionZombie
20-Oct-2008, 09:39 AM
Obviously being a Brit, I've not seen it ... but I do want to see it ... but the whole PG-13 is a major boner-kill. Was the videogame PG-13? No it wasn't, and it just perpetuates this silly thing still floating about America that epic volumes of stylised violence is perfectly acceptable, but a couple of effs and a booby flopping out is damn near the devil's work. :rant:

Anyway, I've read that it opened at #1 with 18 million dollery-doo's ... not surprising really, as if "W" was ever going to beat a PG-13 actioner, a family comedy, and a chick flick ... I mean come on. (Just read a report on Yahoo about the BO takings this weekend).

bassman
20-Oct-2008, 11:47 AM
Haven't seen it myself because I've been hearing/reading that it...ummm..."cucks sock".:stunned:

Danny
20-Oct-2008, 03:44 PM
ive heard its not using the theme form the game.

failage level orange.

Skippy911sc
20-Oct-2008, 04:45 PM
Its got Mark Wahlberg...

Not gonna see it in theater

Maybe on TV

DawnGirl27
21-Oct-2008, 01:08 AM
It's not supposed to have much of a plot (but really, how many movies these days do?), not be a lot like the game, Wahlberg's acting is wooden (and that's a surprise how?), but has a lot of violence and the valkyries. I'm interested, nonetheless, but the PG-13 rating is a bit of a disappointment. You instantly wonder how good it possibly could be saddled with that. Guess we'll have to see. I mean, it beat Beverly Hills Chihuahua, didn't it? :rockbrow:

Bub666
21-Oct-2008, 03:19 AM
I think I'll wait until this movie comes out on dvd.