PDA

View Full Version : "mirrors: or "how danny wasted a fiver and got kicked out making jokes about camels"

Danny
21-Oct-2008, 09:26 PM
-or rather i almost did.

- well i get bored. and in bad films i make up alternate plots for my friends, in this case mr camel-face bower was leading his family through an elaborate plot to shave them and eat there hair to gain immortality, which the chavs behind me did not partake well in, but i narrowly avoided being kicked out and would have left sooner if not for the fact im a cheap bastard when i spend dough.

-anyway, mirrors! this is the worst film in like 10 years ive seen, worse than prom nights remake, worse than the happening, hell, worse than, vampires vs zombies.

why?, because it treats you like a ****ing moron. the character actually spells out the plot in one scene word for word. the opening two minutes sets everything up like a damn checklist. the acting is so bad the audience was laughing, laughing in a horror movie!?!
i can go on and on and on, but it ends, SPOILERS....... with him fighting a demonic old lady redneck nun or something who crawls on walls and survives impalement and being set on fire. every set piece and "twist" is directly taken form a horror film or game from the early 2000's, even condemned on the 360.
the camerawork was annoying, the writing, moronic. the sound went into booming shocks for nothing at all, including a guy driving down a dirt road.

this is not a review so much as a vent, go watch this movie, i now see the happening in a lower light.

THIS IS WHAT IT TAKES TO LOWER MY JADED=-ASS STANDARDS!

really, it's that bad.

MinionZombie
22-Oct-2008, 10:28 AM
lol, well I've no problem with pissing off chavs, but people like you talking in cinemas are f*cking annoying. :D

Like when I went to see Pineapple Express, there was some double-date going on behind us, and the two girls were in the middle of the two lads, the two lads clearly had no control over their women who were talking throughout most of the movie - fortunately the noise drowned them out 95% of the time, but that remaining 5% was f*cking annoying and the lads just sat there as their girls just pissed off everybody.

Anyway ... I'll check it out, but not for a while, heh.

You mean seeing The Happening didn't lower your jaded-arse standards?

Danny
22-Oct-2008, 11:17 AM
no but this did, the next day im still pissed i payed to see this piece of crap.

bassman
22-Oct-2008, 12:25 PM
lol, well I've no problem with pissing off chavs, but people like you talking in cinemas are f*cking annoying. :D

:lol: That was my first thought.

And hells....did the trailers and reviews not give you any kind of hints as to how bad this thing would be?:confused:

MinionZombie
22-Oct-2008, 12:44 PM
All I'm interested in seeing is Keifer, and the gore ... that's it really.

Mirrors is a US-remake of another J-horror, correct? It's Aja, who rocked Switchblade Romance and Hills Have Eyes 2006, but seemingly he's struck a dud with this one.

Danny
22-Oct-2008, 12:47 PM
:lol: That was my first thought.

And hells....did the trailers and reviews not give you any kind of hints as to how bad this thing would be?:confused:

i hadnt seen any trailers and figured it would be a nice change of pace to see a film i knew nothing about.

big.mistake.

DawnGirl27
22-Oct-2008, 01:07 PM
Saw the previews, got that sinking feeling in my gut, and stayed away. Glad that I did now. Might rent later and fast forward the bad parts, but from hellsing, sounds like that may be the whole movie...

Bub666
22-Oct-2008, 01:22 PM
I havn't watched Mirrors yet,and I doubt that I will.It looks like it's a horrible movie.

dracenstein
22-Oct-2008, 07:27 PM
Saw a clip on Jonathon Ross Film '08 and the scene where the kid is looking at her reflection, then gets up and walks away while the reflection just sits there and looks at the mother...that was scary!

I was hoping it would be a good film, but I think I'll give this a miss.

MikePizzoff
22-Oct-2008, 10:31 PM
While I saw this in theatres and thought it totally blew the entire time, I would have been pretty pissed if there were someone making comments (and alternate plot lines) in the same theatre as me.

Danny
22-Oct-2008, 10:50 PM
While I saw this in theatres and thought it totally blew the entire time, I would have been pretty pissed if there were someone making comments (and alternate plot lines) in the same theatre as me.

to be fair theyd spent the entire first half kicking our chairs and flicking popcorn at us so we couldn't be arsed with there opinion as they're what we call in the student trade "wankers"

least we whispered.

MinionZombie
23-Oct-2008, 09:48 AM
Ah so further facts come out eh? Well the chavs should have f*cked off, you shoulda stood up in front of the entire cinema and bellowed at them, something like:

"Stop asking me to ess-your-dee, I'm not gay, if you're gay that's fine, but please stop going all George Michael on me!"

And knowing chav's innate worry about being latently gay, they'd have panicked and scattered like gazelles. :lol:

I'm glad I've never been to any of these sh*t-arse cinemas you lot seem to end up in filled with nob'ed'ed wankers.