PDA

View Full Version : DEADZONE! (verizon commercial)

DEAD BEAT
21-Oct-2008, 10:05 PM
Any one else notice Jarlath Conroy a.k.a. (McDermot from dod) in the new verizon wireless commerical playing a motel desk clerk:confused:?

Mike70
21-Oct-2008, 10:19 PM
here it is:

cwOTJohWark

ProfessorChaos
21-Oct-2008, 10:22 PM
holy sh!t-balls! i've seen that commercial a thousand times and every single time, i'm like : "i swear i've seen that dude in a movie somewhere....":lol:

thanks for the info;)

Mike70
21-Oct-2008, 10:32 PM
holy sh!t-balls! i've seen that commercial a thousand times and every single time, i'm like : "i swear i've seen that dude in a movie somewhere....":lol:

thanks for the info;)

ditto here but for me it was the voice. i'd hear him talk and be like, " i should know who that old dude is."

DEAD BEAT
22-Oct-2008, 12:09 AM
That's probably the second thing i ever seen him do!

I'll bet he was happy to get that gig!:lol:

Is it just me or do you think the word DEAD was in anyway connected to him being hired?:confused:

Bub666
22-Oct-2008, 03:44 AM
That's probably the second thing i ever seen him do!

Yeah besides for Day and this commercial,I haven't seen him in anything else.

bassman
22-Oct-2008, 12:31 PM

He was in the film "Stay" a few years back. It's a good one too. Check it out.

"The towels are kinda scratchy!":D

DEAD BEAT
22-Oct-2008, 03:58 PM
All i can say is that i wouldn't want to roomate with that creepy ass :hyper:guy!

darth los
22-Oct-2008, 05:07 PM

Imo, when an actor is a "one hit wonder". The role is unique to them. Can you picture anyone else playing McDermott? I sure can't.

When an actor such as Tom cruise is a secret agent one film and then a lawyer the next you don't take it as seriously as a person you've never seen do anything else. It's like yeah, he's disarming a nuke this week and the next he's doing an appellate brief. lol

So i don't mind that he's a one hit wonder. He'll always be McDermott in our hearts.:o

:cool:

bassman
22-Oct-2008, 05:12 PM
I know there are quite a few gamers on these boards, so I thought I would mention that he's also in GTAIV as Aiden O'malley. I had no idea.

And I wouldn't really call him a one hit wonder. Maybe he's just laid low since Day. Actually, according to IMDB he didn't act again for another decade after Day. And until now he's only been in a handful of films...

Thorn
22-Oct-2008, 07:04 PM
I didn't recognize him without the flask...

Bunker65
22-Oct-2008, 07:54 PM
I didn't recognize him without the flask...

Maybe if he added "Jesus, Mary & Joseph it's a dead zone" that would have helped everyone recognize him :).

I recognized him right away but I think that's because I just recently watched Day again. Got the Blu-Ray version so I had to watch it :).

Cody
22-Oct-2008, 11:06 PM
Holy crap I never knew that!

darth los
23-Oct-2008, 12:49 AM
I know there are quite a few gamers on these boards, so I thought I would mention that he's also in GTAIV as Aiden O'malley. I had no idea.

And I wouldn't really call him a one hit wonder. Maybe he's just laid low since Day. Actually, according to IMDB he didn't act again for another decade after Day. And until now he's only been in a handful of films...

I don't believe that the term "one hit wonder" means that it's the only thing you've ever done just the only SIGNIFICANT thing you've done.

Just like a musician who has that one hit under their belt that everyone knows. You mention another song from the same artist and people would be like WTF!?! Never heard of it.

:cool:

3pidemiC
23-Oct-2008, 02:15 AM
...Towels are kinda scratchy!...

Hehehe...

Thorn
23-Oct-2008, 03:23 PM
Maybe if he added "Jesus, Mary & Joseph it's a dead zone" that would have helped everyone recognize him :).

lol... yeah that would likely have done it for sure.