PDA

View Full Version : Just like in the movies..

Cody
22-Oct-2008, 11:04 PM
...or a semi zombie experience! Ofcourse you wont really get one unless the dead rise. Well I got a job at American Eagle and it required me to come into the mall at 12am to 8am. I almost blew a load in my wants wondering around the closed mall. At 5am the lights and corny music came on, it was cool I asure you. The tunnels and hallways behind the stores were just like Dawn. A mall is really one of the best zombie strong holds. I've never really relized this until now. Well I don't know why I'm sharing this, I feel this is a corny thread, but I had to share.

Yojimbo
22-Oct-2008, 11:44 PM
Yeah, Cody, I know where you are coming from. Years ago I had a job as a shopping mall rent-a-cop. Totally underpaid and totally boring gig. But, aside from being able to look sharp in a uniform while hitting on cute girls (BTW: what they say about women going for men in uniform is totally true!) one of the only things I liked about the job was that I got to wander around the mall and the back corridors after hours, and fantasize about Dawn of the Dead. When it would get boring, I would scope out sniping positions, figure out where I would put my secret hideaway, what corridors could be blocked off, how to secure the entryways, etc.

AcesandEights
23-Oct-2008, 12:17 AM
Well I got a job at American Eagle...

required me to come into the mall at 12am to 8am...

I almost blew a load...

At 5am the lights and corny music came on, it was cool I asure you...

A mall is really one of the best zombie strong holds...

She is a venomous whore-mistress, Cody and she'll see you dead in the end. Have you learned nothing from Dawn!? :eek:

PS--Grats on the job and that's a cool story. I worked a stocking job for a bit ages ago and it was a pretty cool experience for the solitude and getting to see the flipside of retail and consumerism.

darth los
23-Oct-2008, 12:51 AM
Yeah, Cody, I know where you are coming from. Years ago I had a job as a shopping mall rent-a-cop. Totally underpaid and totally boring gig. But, aside from being able to look sharp in a uniform while hitting on cute girls (BTW: what they say about women going for men in uniform is totally true!) one of the only things I liked about the job was that I got to wander around the mall and the back corridors after hours, and fantasize about Dawn of the Dead. When it would get boring, I would scope out sniping positions, figure out where I would put my secret hideaway, what corridors could be blocked off, how to secure the entryways, etc.

IMO, anyone who HASN"T done that doesn't belong on these boards.

:cool:

Bub666
23-Oct-2008, 12:56 AM
Working at a mall is a sweet job.:D

bassman
23-Oct-2008, 12:18 PM
Never worked at a mall, but the one around here closes fairly early while the theater stays open late. So several times i've walked around it basically alone.

I always whistle or hum "The Gonk" when I go through a mall. I can't help it. People tell me stop but I just can't...

Thorn
23-Oct-2008, 12:28 PM
That's awesome, and I can say I myself have done this. We have a mall near us that was new construction. I worked in the movie theater, and helped put in everything from the seats to shelving, to hanging up uniforms for the first time. It was neat thing. Being there for the first batch of popcorn.

It was around the time they released one of the later Halloween films, and it was amazing. Being in the theater meant we were open later than the other stores and we would always have the run of the place unless security ushered us out which they never did really as we always had good looking high school chicks with us.

I did the same thing. Imagined what I would do if the dead walked, where I would hole up, how best to defend and fortify. Where to get food,

Just awesome times.