PDA

View Full Version : Zombie plague spreads across the world of warcraft.

Danny
23-Oct-2008, 09:45 PM
Found in the rotting diary of Eric Farrington in the dead city of Andorhal…

Wednesday

My beloved home, Andorhal, has fallen victim to an evil plague. I have witnessed the horrors of the Scourge firsthand, and seen unimaginable things. Death was not granted to my loved ones. Instead, everyone I’ve ever known has turned into monsters. Monsters of unfathomable, relentless viciousness!

I thought naught of a few illnesses, a few fevers. We continued to ship out crates of grain to Lordaeron, and we weren’t fearful of this new sickness -- we were confident our healers could handle it. I know now that was foolish, blind.

The denizens of Andorhal turned into vile zombies of the Scourge. These monstrosities no longer held any thoughts or abilities from their mortal lives. Most certain of all, they readily used new powers we had never seen before to further spread the disease and hasten the destruction of the city.

I have been hiding for two days in the sewers, but I must venture out soon to find supplies or possibly a way out of the city to the forests.

Friday

Help me, I’ve been bitten!

I cannot believe I was foolish enough to think I could sneak past all of them on the streets. The zombies are everywhere now, and Andorhal is only a shell of its former glory, a sad and twisted remnant of my beautiful home.

I can already feel the disease taking me. May the light bless me as I go to be with my family and friends once again. I’m not sure how much longer I can keep my sanity. I am weak. I hunger, and must eat…

Eat…

Brains...

The Scourge Invasion is upon us! Prepare yourself for the deadly onslaught of the Scourge, unleashed upon Azeroth and all its denizens.

FAQ

Q: How do I become a zombie?
A: Disease-infected crates are scattered throughout the cities of Azeroth, spreading a sickness that transforms its sufferers into zombies. And of course, when zombies attack, their victims can be afflicted by the disease as well.

Q: How do you stop being a zombie?
A: The disease can be cured by other players who can cast ‘Cure Disease’ or by special healer NPCs in the cities. Once the disease has run its course and a character has become a zombie, the only cure is death.

Q: Can I become a zombie again?
A: Yes.

Q: As a zombie, what are some things I can/cannot do?
A: You can no longer cast the spells/abilities that you had as a normal character, and formerly friendly NPCs now consider you an enemy. You can, however, cast new, unique zombie spells.

Q: Anything else I should know while being a zombie?
A: As a zombie, you are part of a special faction that is friendly with all zombies and can converse with them, regardless of whether they were part of the Horde or Alliance in their mortal existences.

no pics yet folks but thats right, the zombie plagues spreading across azeroth!, not been bitten yet but i barely made it out of a town fully under attack from the living dead.

made of epic win.

ill post some pics later.

Cody
23-Oct-2008, 10:20 PM
haha post the pics, I have to see this

Danny
23-Oct-2008, 10:31 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/ScreenShot_102308_225459.jpg

the attacks begin

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/ScreenShot_102308_231041.jpg

i was caught by a mob, and bitten!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/ScreenShot_102308_225714.jpg

i holed up in the church attic...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/ScreenShot_102308_225840.jpg

but it was to late, i was one of them now.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/ScreenShot_102308_230312.jpg

AND IT ROCKS!!!

seriously, one guild is reported to be prowling the dark forests of duskwood, lurking in the shadows like a herd, turning anyone unlucky enough to encounter them.

best random event ever.

Bub666
23-Oct-2008, 10:49 PM
Zombies in world of warcraft,awesome.:D

Thorn
24-Oct-2008, 04:44 PM
It really is kind of fun, of course you have to look out for the griefers who go into a random low level zone and just butcher their own faction for hours. Including quest npc areas and the like.

darth los
24-Oct-2008, 05:28 PM
That's hot.

What hells posted sounds like an except from a novel. Good stuff.

:cool:

slickwilly13
24-Oct-2008, 05:44 PM
Cool, they look just like the undead from WarCraft 3. Never played WOW, though.

darth los
24-Oct-2008, 06:12 PM
Cool, they look just like the undead from WarCraft 3. Never played WOW, though.

And if you love your wife and family you won't start. I remember when i first got into oblivion for the 360. Nearly killed me man. It was like crack.

slickwilly13
24-Oct-2008, 08:06 PM
I don't have a wife, but do have a life. *L* I am more of a RTS player. I do not understand people who spend 20 hrs a day on WOW.

darth los
26-Oct-2008, 04:43 AM
I don't have a wife, but do have a life. *L* I am more of a RTS player. I do not understand people who spend 20 hrs a day on WOW.

:lol:

It's really like an addiction man. I swore those things off after that game.

Moon Knight
27-Oct-2008, 02:27 AM
I logged into Org just to find it completely overrun by zombies. I killed off many but alas I got infected and soon became a ghoul myself. Killed many before I was finally killed off. =)