PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th trailer

MikePizzoff
23-Oct-2008, 10:14 PM
They're using Jason as the killer!!!!! WTF?!?!?!??!!?!?!!!!!!!!!!

:mad::annoyed::bored::barf::hurl:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=45036696

ProfessorChaos
23-Oct-2008, 10:25 PM
that looks pretty lame. i may end up seeing it, but not in theaters.

Doc
23-Oct-2008, 10:26 PM
So? yeah I know Pamela was the killer in the original but, lets face it this movie will fail without Jason. When People think Friday the 13th they think Jason not Pamela.

Bub666
23-Oct-2008, 10:52 PM
This looks like it's going to suck.I'll probably wait until it comes out on dvd.

ProfessorChaos
23-Oct-2008, 11:15 PM
So? yeah I know Pamela was the killer in the original but, lets face it this movie will fail without Jason. When People think Friday the 13th they think Jason not Pamela.

while i totally agree with you on this aspect of this "re-envisioning", or whatever clever terms they're attaching to the slew of remakes hitting theaters lately, i'm most turned off by the fact that jason, like the "infected" in dawn04, day08, and the 28 days/weeks series, is now a track star.

and michael bay sucks too.

Bub666
23-Oct-2008, 11:21 PM
and michael bay sucks too.

You can say that again.:D

Doc
23-Oct-2008, 11:33 PM
i'm most turned off by the fact that jason, like the "infected" in dawn04, day08, and the 28 days/weeks series, is now a track star.

Huh? But he run in Pts 2-4.:confused:

ProfessorChaos
24-Oct-2008, 12:10 AM

it's been awhile since i've seen those....quite a while apparently. i always liked 5,6,&7 where he just stalked slowly and always caught up with his victims.

and michael bay still sucks, as well as the sheer number of remakes these days.

slickwilly13
24-Oct-2008, 12:25 AM
He's right. Jason was more quick on his feet in the earlier movies and he didn't possess any superhuman strength, either. He was more human-like. Even showed a little bit of fear when things were not going his way. Also, in the first movie there was suspense on the identity of the killer. It was revealed that it was Jason's mom during last part of the movie. If it was remade from the very first movie, then were would the suspense be? We would already know it is her. Btw, I am watching this on my birthday.

Doc
24-Oct-2008, 12:32 AM
He's right. Jason was more quick on his feet in the earlier movies and he didn't possess any superhuman strength, either. He was more human-like.

Really? I though he did have super-strength? Well not to the extend of Jason Lives but, I'm pretty sure he was still stronger than the average man.

Bub666
24-Oct-2008, 03:12 AM
He's right. Jason was more quick on his feet in the earlier movies and he didn't possess any superhuman strength, either. He was more human-like.

Thats because he was human.In the earlier movies Jason was still alive.

zombie04
24-Oct-2008, 03:12 AM
Really? I though he did have super-strength? Well not to the extend of Jason Lives but, I'm pretty sure he was still stronger than the average man.

In the second he was practically human. Deformed, but human. In the third they kept things generally the same but there may have been a moment when he was capable or more than a normal person would be. I think 4 was when they really got into making him a superhuman killing machine...until Corey Feldman went crazy on him. I think I'll have to go back and rewatch some of those.

I don't see what's wrong with this remake because I want to see more F13th movies, but Jason X was not only horrible but it left the series with no place left to go. I'm willing to give it a shot.

MikePizzoff
24-Oct-2008, 04:26 AM
I think it's quite common for people to mistakenly cross features of Michael Meyers with Jason Voorhees... because I've been hearing/seeing tons of people complaining "they're going to have Jason running," when he's pretty much always chased after his prey by running.

MoonSylver
24-Oct-2008, 04:34 AM
Nice find Mike.;)

Bingo. For Pamela fans, she DOES appear in this one. Nana Vistor (of DS9 fame) is cast in the part. Context remains to be seen.

Double bingo. Human Jason does indeed chase. Pt3 is a REAL good example & has some quite tense chases through Higgens Haven.

He's right. Jason was more quick on his feet in the earlier movies and he didn't possess any superhuman strength, either. He was more human-like. Even showed a little bit of fear when things were not going his way. Also, in the first movie there was suspense on the identity of the killer. It was revealed that it was Jason's mom during last part of the movie. If it was remade from the very first movie, then were would the suspense be? We would already know it is her. Btw, I am watching this on my birthday.

Triple bingo on all counts, though he did show quite above average strength, such as crushing a skull until eyes pop out in Pt.3

This is the ONLY "reboot" that I'm psyched about, Wasn't looking forward to RZ's Halloween, TCM or any other, but this one I can't wait for. From what I hear they've put a good bit of thought into the Jason character & design & taken him back to the Human Jason, which a lot of F13 purists found scarier than the over-the-top Zombie Jason (me, I dig 'em both for different reasons.)

So, yeah, bring it on. I'll be there opening weekend.

MinionZombie
24-Oct-2008, 10:21 AM
Now, whether he flat-out track-stars after them or not is really the issue.

If he becomes the Jason version of Yawn04's flying zombies (HPOTD-in-joke for those not in the know), then that'll suck the big one...otherwise as long as it's not used too much and it's more about Jason's stealth and ability to sneak up on people and burst from the darkness to rain down some sex-out-of-marriage justice then that's fine. :elol:

I did quite like the Nispel remake of TCM - but obviously it wasn't a patch on the original, which is still THE chainsaw flick out there. TCM: The Beginning had moments of fleeting interest, but was generally dull as bad curry poo water. :hurl:

I will definitely see F13'09, I just hope it isn't a gash-fest. I did quite like the Amityville remake (but think it should be left alone now), but I wasn't fussed at all about the original so perhaps that plays in - but like I said, TCM'74 is still one of my favourite horrors, and yet I could enjoy the remake ... mind you, was the remake necessary? No, and that's a whole thing to do with remakes ... especially sh*t-poo like The Fog remake.

I've seen a clip on Bloody Disgusting where Jason drags someone down through the floor, which was a bit odd, it's like the woodland camp version of Jaws or something...anyway...I just hope they've stayed true to the franchise and the mythology, rather than create some wink-to-the-audience-every-five-f*cking-minutes, piss-poorly-written, franchise-raping sack of garbage.

I really wish they'd leave off the remakes, and all this talk of "oh but people haven't seen the original" - WELL THEN RELEASE A FANCY NEW DVD OF THE ORIGINAL AND PIMP IT ABOUT THE PLACE ... then ... remake a SH*T movie like Drive-In Massacre, which is a flick that could really work under the TCM'03 vibe.

In fact if someone said - hey you, write and direct a new Drive-In Massacre movie, I f*ckin' would ... so come on Hollywood, gimme a bundle of cash and some intelligent people to work with. :D

axlish
24-Oct-2008, 12:20 PM
I've heard that the film is a combination of parts 1 and 4. I am looking forward to it, but it does have that Michael Bay, TCM remake look to it. One thing I really don't like about the trailer is the emphasis on the sounds of a female in agony. I'm really getting tired of that as a selling point in these trailers, as if to say 'this ain't Saw but we got some ladies suffering in this one, I promise'. I don't watch these types of films for the suffering.

Doc
24-Oct-2008, 12:25 PM
I just hope they've stayed true to the franchise and the mythology, rather than create some wink-to-the-audience-every-five-f*cking-minutes, piss-poorly-written, franchise-raping sack of garbage.

Piss-poorly-written? I though the films suffered from that already.:confused:

Well ok, wouldn't say they're all poorly acted or terribly written.

I know Sean Cuningham and Victor Miller weren't careless in story and that they weren't setting out to make anything philosophical or to change the genre.
He wanted people to be entertained, jump a few times, have a few laughs, cling to their date.

bassman
24-Oct-2008, 12:46 PM
:bored:

Same guy that directed the Texas Chainsaw remake. I think we all know how that turned out...

MikePizzoff
24-Oct-2008, 03:16 PM
:bored:

Same guy that directed the Texas Chainsaw remake. I think we all know how that turned out...

Hey, I actually really enjoyed that remake!

bassman
24-Oct-2008, 04:44 PM
Hey, I actually really enjoyed that remake!

I guess it was OKAY in it's own right but nowhere near as good as the original. Actually....the only good thing I remember about the remake is Beil, white shirt, and water.:sneaky:

MinionZombie
24-Oct-2008, 05:37 PM
ho-ho-yeah, Biel was AWESOME in that movie. I mean she didn't do much besides run around and scream in a tight white t-shirt and tight-ass jeans and get wet and such ... so I'd give her an Oscar, haha.

But totally, TCM'03 isn't a patch on the original, not at all and went far more TCM2 with the violence - but with a TCM1 mindset - i.e. plenty sploshy, but with grim intent, rather than schlocky japes.

TCM'03 is definitely one of the better remakes in this absolutely unashamed slew of them, as was Amityville, as was Hills Have Eyes.

But TCM: The Beginning was simply more of the same, but far less good, Hills Have Eyes 2 was an absolutely atrocious ball of sh*t surrounded by a swamp of sh*tty-sh*t-soup surrounded by a million miles of poo-water.

I think what makes TCM'03 work far better than the standard remake we keep getting OVER AND OVER AND OVER (think Prom Night, The Fog etc) is that they really did try with that film, which is evident from the hefty making-of on the special edition DVD (that folds out to a chainsaw blade, with 'crime scene' photos in a faded envelope :cool:) ... hopefully F13'09 is more TCM'03 and less 'that chick from lost in some movie about fog and lepers'. :D

bassman
24-Oct-2008, 06:43 PM
Oh yeah...I forgot about the Amityville Horror remake. That wasn't half bad. Ryan Renolds was just as good in that remake as Brolin was in the original, imo.

But back on topic....Why put Jason in a remake of the original film that he wasn't in? Because stupid f*cking kids these days - That's why. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people talk about the "Jason"(I know it's stupid, but it's a real big pet peeve of mine when people call films by their main character's name) movies and how great Jason X and Freddy vs Jason was.:rolleyes:

It's those same little bastards that populate the theaters for "Disaster Movie" and Saw 4,768.:mad:

MinionZombie
24-Oct-2008, 09:08 PM
Oh yeah...I forgot about the Amityville Horror remake. That wasn't half bad. Ryan Renolds was just as good in that remake as Brolin was in the original, imo.

But back on topic....Why put Jason in a remake of the original film that he wasn't in? Because stupid f*cking kids these days - That's why. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people talk about the "Jason"(I know it's stupid, but it's a real big pet peeve of mine when people call films by their main character's name) movies and how great Jason X and Freddy vs Jason was.:rolleyes:

It's those same little bastards that populate the theaters for "Disaster Movie" and Saw 4,768.:mad:
I've heard that BOTH young boy Jason and Mrs Voorhees herself were CUT OUT of the film, relegated to the DVD deleted scenes much? :rockbrow:

No doubt they've just gone with Jason because Jason really defines the franchise, the character is synonomous with the franchise when it's mentioned. So I can totally understand it - but cutting the mother out COMPLETELY?!

There's the voice over from the mother in the trailer, but seemingly she's cut out of the actual film. :rolleyes:

I think it worked great in the original, but then again I don't want them to follow it step-for-step, like Psycho'98 or some sh*t.

And I think the people that perpetuate the likes of Disaster Movie are a 'special' breed of idiot, a rare kind in an unfortunately large number ... indeed. :rockbrow:

MoonSylver
25-Oct-2008, 02:16 AM
I've heard that BOTH young boy Jason and Mrs Voorhees herself were CUT OUT of the film, relegated to the DVD deleted scenes much? :rockbrow:

No doubt they've just gone with Jason because Jason really defines the franchise, the character is synonomous with the franchise when it's mentioned. So I can totally understand it - but cutting the mother out COMPLETELY?!

There's the voice over from the mother in the trailer, but seemingly she's cut out of the actual film. :rolleyes:

I REALLY hope this isn't true....:(

I think it worked great in the original, but then again I don't want them to follow it step-for-step, like Psycho'98 or some sh*t.

Agreed. NOTLD '95 was a good example of how to do a remake. Stick close to the original, but not TOO close, some twists & turns are good. as are slightly "tweeking" things a LITTLE.

Bub666
25-Oct-2008, 02:30 AM
Agreed. NOTLD '95 was a good example of how to do a remake.

:confused:
Wasn't the Night remake made in 1990?

MoonSylver
25-Oct-2008, 08:21 AM
:confused:
Wasn't the Night remake made in 1990?

D'OH! I've been at my job for over 13 hours now doing inventory with no end in sight, so my brain is going a little fuzzy right now...yeah, it was '90 :stunned:

horrormad
25-Oct-2008, 09:52 AM
Im looking forward to seing the new friday the 13th as Doc said the movie would fail without Jason.

Bub666
25-Oct-2008, 10:45 AM
Im looking forward to seing the new friday the 13th as Doc said the movie would fail without Jason.

Yeah without Jason,I don't think the remake would be any good.