PDA

View Full Version : Very little buzz, even here.

Mikey
24-Oct-2008, 12:47 PM
Boy, I can tell by the amount of threads that even here there seems to be little interest in the new film. Pity.

Bub666
24-Oct-2008, 12:52 PM
Boy, I can tell by the amount of threads that even here there seems to be little interest in the new film. Pity.

I don't know about anyone else,but I can't wait until this movie comes out.I think when the movie is finished,there will hopefully be some more buzz about it.

DjfunkmasterG
24-Oct-2008, 01:33 PM
I think because some people have been let down by both Land and Diary they are taking a wait and see approach.

The fact a new zombie film is coming is awesome, but the premise, from what I have read sound utterly retarded.

bassman
24-Oct-2008, 01:42 PM
I think what DJ said is part of it, and also the fact that they just started filming not too long ago. Not much to really talk about yet. I'm hoping the costume designer that posts here will give us some good pictures or something to talk about.

I'm definitely looking forward to it. Hopefully this one will have a wide release so I don't have to drive an hour to see it. But of course I will if I have to.:sneaky:

Thorn
24-Oct-2008, 04:50 PM
Yeah I can only echo what was said above, once more information is available then we will have more to talk about.

Right now there is just too little known about it. Release one still shot of a truck/Arc with spray paint on the front of it it and we will fall on it like rabid vultures ripping it to shreds.

darth los
24-Oct-2008, 05:24 PM
I think because some people have been let down by both Land and Diary they are taking a wait and see approach.

The fact a new zombie film is coming is awesome, but the premise, from what I have read sound utterly retarded.

Yeah I can only echo what was said above, once more information is available then we will have more to talk about.

Right now there is just too little known about it. Release one still shot of a truck/Arc with spray paint on the front of it it and we will fall on it like rabid vultures ripping it to shreds.

It's a catch 22. If we lay low until more info comes out then there's a lack of buzz. If we start opining and ranting about what sounds like a retarded idea then we're jumping the gun.

:cool:

MinionZombie
24-Oct-2008, 05:50 PM
I think it's because there's so little to talk about because there's been so little reported. You can only have a conversation about "do you think it'll be good?" or "what's this Fangoria wank?" for so long and then you've tired it out.

When more news snippets and more details come out, the chat will increase.

darth los
24-Oct-2008, 06:00 PM
I think it's because there's so little to talk about because there's been so little reported. You can only have a conversation about "do you think it'll be good?" or "what's this Fangoria wank?" for so long and then you've tired it out.

When more news snippets and more details come out, the chat will increase.

Yeah I guess it's to be expected. What's up with the Land thread though. I loved bashing that flick. Would have made a great time killer until this new one comes out !! :thumbsup:

AcesandEights
24-Oct-2008, 07:17 PM
I think buzz will increase when more solid info comes to light about the project. GAR is pushing this project through, much like Diary, with a speed we're not used to seeing from him, pair this with the relatively low budget and his more hands on approach and the initial dearth of info seems to make sense. Such a lack of info coupled with the speed GAR is working at means rumors have had little time to fester and grow.

Also, I would agree that some disappointment in GAR's recent work may be a factor.

MontagMOI
24-Oct-2008, 09:07 PM
I think it's pretty sad that a few on here are already chewin' at the bit to rip into it. Still, Snyder's Army Of the Dead should start production after Watchmen so that will no doubt excite those chaps.

dracenstein
24-Oct-2008, 09:31 PM
Not much to talk about yet. Let's see a few pics then we can chat.

MoonSylver
25-Oct-2008, 02:10 AM

Don't mistake lack of threads for lack of interest. Right now as far as out as we are from release & w/ so little info released there isn't much to talk about yet. Wait 'till we get closer to the date & start getting more pic's, descriptions of plot or characters, etc & then we'll have actually have something to talk ABOUT. ;)

Bub666
25-Oct-2008, 02:15 AM
Snyder's Army Of the Dead should start production after Watchmen so that will no doubt excite those chaps.

:hurl:
Not me.

darth los
26-Oct-2008, 01:38 AM
I think it's pretty sad that a few on here are already chewin' at the bit to rip into it. Still, Snyder's Army Of the Dead should start production after Watchmen so that will no doubt excite those chaps.

And don't be suprised if once again he makes a better Flick than Gar.

It seems like it's head to head. Dawn 04' Vs. Land and this new flick Vs. diary.

He won't have to try very hard to top it, i'll tell you that much.

EvilNed
26-Oct-2008, 04:41 AM

It seems like it's head to head. Dawn 04' Vs. Land and this new flick Vs. diary.

Land was obviously better than Dawn 04, but Dawn 04 was better than Diary. However, this new film will probably go up against this new film, not Diary.

darth los
26-Oct-2008, 04:46 AM
Land was obviously better than Dawn 04, but Dawn 04 was better than Diary. However, this new film will probably go up against this new film, not Diary.

Imo, depending on your taste the films are a wash. They're different type of films but in every movie review site i've been on dawn 04' is consistently rated higher.

MontagMOI
26-Oct-2008, 03:35 PM

Even Season Of The Witch is better than Dawn 04 :evil:

darth los
26-Oct-2008, 05:12 PM

Let's not get nuts here. :shifty:

MinionZombie
26-Oct-2008, 05:16 PM
:lol:

I agree.

Seriously though, I do dig SOTW, and there was one sequence (a home invasion sequence I think), which I thought was shot and edited brilliantly and had me literally on the edge of my seat. Can't really explain it, it was just an awesome sequence.

Nothing with flying zombies in it should ever be considered better than anything. :D:p

darth los
26-Oct-2008, 05:52 PM
I wasn't aware that they had wings. Although it's never explicitly stated that the zombies in that film were "dead".

AcesandEights
26-Oct-2008, 06:53 PM
I foresee this thread arriving at a dark and horrible place in the not too distant future.

capncnut
26-Oct-2008, 06:57 PM
Hell, even the Calgon commercial is better than Dawn 04. :elol:

MinionZombie
26-Oct-2008, 06:59 PM
Hooray for the Calgon advert! :D

Darth - I was referring to a HPOTD in-joke, perhaps you weren't in on that particular gag.

Bub666
26-Oct-2008, 09:29 PM

I agree.:elol:

darth los
26-Oct-2008, 09:59 PM
Hooray for the Calgon advert! :D

Darth - I was referring to a HPOTD in-joke, perhaps you weren't in on that particular gag.

Or maybe I didn't find it funny. :p

I guess i'm not down with the cool kids. :(

EvilNed
26-Oct-2008, 11:18 PM
Imo, depending on your taste the films are a wash. They're different type of films but in every movie review site i've been on dawn 04' is consistently rated higher.

Every review I ever saw of Titanic consistently rated it higher than most other films. What's your point?

I know a good film when I see one, because I know what I like. And I don't think running zombies is enough to keep an otherwise shallow and characterless film going. Sorry, but Land had ten times the character depth that Dawn 04 had.

darth los
26-Oct-2008, 11:21 PM
Every review I ever saw of Titanic consistently rated it higher than most other films. What's your point?

I know a good film when I see one, because I know what I like. And I don't think running zombies is enough to keep an otherwise shallow and characterless film going. Sorry, but Land had ten times the character depth that Dawn 04 had.

Precisely why I put the disclaimer: depending on your taste. :)

EvilNed
26-Oct-2008, 11:23 PM
Precisely why I put the disclaimer: depending on your taste. :)

Well, no offense, but duh.

clanglee
27-Oct-2008, 08:13 PM
Sorry, but Land had ten times the character depth that Dawn 04 had.

Oh really. . . :rolleyes:

bassman
27-Oct-2008, 08:44 PM
Perhaps I missed it, but....

Is there no title for this film right now? As in the production company has said there is no title and it's being called "Romero's untitled zombie film" until an official name is chosen? Or is it just that nobody around here knows the title and we're calling it "untitled...."?

EvilNed
27-Oct-2008, 09:28 PM
Oh really. . . :rolleyes:

Well, hey, don't get me wrong. Not saying there's much depth to them. But at least they're consistant, and the movie doesn't feature Steve.

darth los
28-Oct-2008, 04:39 PM
Well, hey, don't get me wrong. Not saying there's much depth to them. But at least they're consistant, and the movie doesn't feature Steve.

Steve was the perfect duschbag character that every good film needs. Atleast you remembered his name. Way to go!! :thumbsup:

EvilNed
28-Oct-2008, 04:49 PM
Steve was the perfect duschbag character that every good film needs. Atleast you remembered his name. Way to go!! :thumbsup:

Steve was stupid and his character inconsistant. Steve existed for the sole purpose of going the exact opposite of what the other characters wanted, no matter if it was in-line with his character or not. That's just bad writing. Steve was annoying in the wrong kind of way. He brought no tension to the story, but plenty of annoyance.

darth los
28-Oct-2008, 05:05 PM
Steve was stupid and his character inconsistant. Steve existed for the sole purpose of going the exact opposite of what the other characters wanted, no matter if it was in-line with his character or not. That's just bad writing. Steve was annoying in the wrong kind of way. He brought no tension to the story, but plenty of annoyance.

Well, i will say that I wouldn't have let it get that far. If he made trouble i would have shot him in the head and took the keys to the boat. End of story. He had alot of mouth for someone with no gun and wasn't very well liked. He was an a$$hole from his very first line. You have to admire that. lol

bassman
28-Oct-2008, 05:08 PM
Well, i will say that I wouldn't have let it get that far. If he made trouble i would have shot him in the head and took the keys to the boat. End of story. He had alot of mouth for someone with no gun and wasn't very well liked.

If you were going to do that, you might as well take out the cop, the dumb black guy with the dead baby, the red head, the cop. Hell....Just take them all out.:p

EvilNed
28-Oct-2008, 05:31 PM
Well, i will say that I wouldn't have let it get that far. If he made trouble i would have shot him in the head and took the keys to the boat. End of story. He had alot of mouth for someone with no gun and wasn't very well liked. He was an a$$hole from his very first line. You have to admire that. lol

In some scenes he had alot of mouth but no balls. In other scenes he had alot of balls but no mouth. He was an inconsistant character that should never have been.. at all. And sadly, Dawn is riddled by these characters which is why the film is really, really bad.

Nice cinematography tho. Some Ok action scenes. But that's it.

darth los
28-Oct-2008, 06:25 PM
In some scenes he had alot of mouth but no balls. In other scenes he had alot of balls but no mouth. He was an inconsistant character that should never have been.. at all. And sadly, Dawn is riddled by these characters which is why the film is really, really bad.

imo, the action scenes from dawn beat anything land has to offer.

Perhaps if we combine the two films....

or if Gar had a clue.

I'll let him dig his own hole though. Just sit back and marvel as he keeps putting out bullsh8t films. :lol:

The product speaks for itself and it gets harder to defend with each release.

MinionZombie
28-Oct-2008, 06:46 PM

Hooray for Ned!

DjfunkmasterG
30-Oct-2008, 01:21 AM
Land was obviously better than Dawn 04.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol:

:rant: Thems fightin' words sir.

But I can't fight from laughing so hard.

What you meant was DAWN 04 was obviously leaps and bounds better than LAND.

capncnut
30-Oct-2008, 10:33 AM
Funny that, cos that's exactly what I was doing during Turd 04.

Doc
30-Oct-2008, 11:46 AM
Land was obviously better than Dawn 04,

Their alright but, inferior to the superior Shaun of the Dead.

bassman
30-Oct-2008, 11:51 AM

:lol: Way to find neutral ground there, doc.

Are there really people still arguing of which is better, Dawn04 or Land? Sheesh.:dead:

Bub666
30-Oct-2008, 12:24 PM

Yeah Shaun of the Dead was way beter then Dawn'04,and Land of the Dead.

darth los
30-Oct-2008, 04:56 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol:

:rant: Thems fightin' words sir.

What you meant was DAWN 04 was obviously leaps and bounds better than LAND.

It's o.k. I got your back DJ.

The way i see it, you actually MAKE films. So you have to know what you're talking about. :thumbsup:

EvilNed
30-Oct-2008, 05:10 PM
Hooray for Ned!

BfGkhhm4vXw

Hooray beer!

darth los
30-Oct-2008, 05:54 PM
BfGkhhm4vXw

Hooray beer!

Those commercials are classic. I tune in to PTI on espn all the time just to catch them. lol

bassman
30-Oct-2008, 07:38 PM
It's o.k. I got your back DJ.
The way i see it, you actually MAKE films. So you have to know what you're talking about.

Uwe Boll makes films too. I don't think I need to say anything else.:lol:

darth los
30-Oct-2008, 07:58 PM

My point was that however you or I may feel about Mr. Boll's film's or dj's for that matter they are certainly more qualified to critique a film than you or I. :)

clanglee
30-Oct-2008, 07:59 PM

Hear that DJ? Bass is comparing you to Uwe Boll!!!!!

;):p

bassman
30-Oct-2008, 08:07 PM

Come on now...I didn't mean that.

DJ isn't a boxer.....

:p

clanglee
30-Oct-2008, 08:19 PM

I liked the character of Steve. He was an asshole. That was his job. He was the Cooper of Dawn'04. I'm sorry, but I don't remember any oint in the movie where he had any balls at all. He was a coward and a big talker. When did he show any real balls?

Come on now...I didn't mean that.

DJ isn't a boxer.....

:p

:lol::lol::lol:

darth los
30-Oct-2008, 08:27 PM

;):p

Them's fightin' words if I ever heard any.

I liked the character of Steve. He was an asshole. That was his job. He was the Cooper of Dawn'04.

Very good comparison.

AcesandEights
30-Oct-2008, 10:58 PM
My point was that however you or I may feel about Mr. Boll's film's or dj's for that matter they are certainly more qualified to critique a film than you or I. :)

From a technical level and, perhaps, the perspective of various levels of technique.