PDA

View Full Version : NFL Football in London this weekend

axlish
24-Oct-2008, 05:32 PM
The New Orleans Saints face off against the San Diego Chargers this weekend in London. The game sold out Wembly pretty quickly so I guess there is some interest in the product. Luckily, this years game ought to be more entertaining than last years snoozefest featuring the winless Dolphins vs. the eventual Super Bowl champion Giants.

I guess my question is, what is the point of these games? If enough interest is shown, what is the endgame? Thoughts from some UK folk?

darth los
26-Oct-2008, 04:34 AM
Luckily, this years game ought to be more entertaining than last years snoozefest featuring the winless Dolphins vs. the eventual Super Bowl champion Giants.

The reason why these type of games suck is because the teams have to go through so much that they're drained by the time the game starts and their timing is off. Athletes are like finely tuned machines. The have a routine they stick to and a change in that throws them off.

:cool:

Exatreides
26-Oct-2008, 08:21 PM
Try to shore up the ever weakening NFL Europe?

dracenstein
26-Oct-2008, 08:41 PM
I prefer rugby. No helmets and not so much padding. Looks more macho.

Bub666
26-Oct-2008, 09:36 PM
Try to shore up the ever weakening NFL Europe?

I thought NFL Europe was already dead?:dead:

darth los
26-Oct-2008, 09:54 PM
I prefer rugby. No helmets and not so much padding. Looks more macho.

Pads do two things. It allows the athletes greater longevity in their careers and it also let's them perform feats that wouldn't otherwise be possible.

:cool: