PDA

View Full Version : GTA IV zombie outbreak?

ProfessorChaos
24-Oct-2008, 11:11 PM
Here's an interesting article that popped up on IGN earlier...talking about zombies in GTA IV....while the "zombie" skin you can unlock with the viral "Let Sleeping Rockstars Lie" achievement is old news, there is mention of an image on the Rockstar website that might hint at future modes with zombies....:rockbrow:

*crosses fingers and toes*

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/923/923198p1.html

acealive1
24-Oct-2008, 11:38 PM
why dont they just make zombie games based on movies?

Danny
25-Oct-2008, 12:49 AM
why dont they just make zombie games based on movies?

because they'd suck?

try stretching the 50 odd minutes of dramatic dialogue and tension in night into a 5+ hour horror game.

thats made of fail material. just because it works in one medium does not mean it will in another, thats like "grizzlyman: the musical!, feelgood play of the year!"

Bub666
25-Oct-2008, 02:33 AM
Here's an interesting article that popped up on IGN earlier...talking about zombies in GTA IV....while the "zombie" skin you can unlock with the viral "Let Sleeping Rockstars Lie" achievement is old news, there is mention of an image on the Rockstar website that might hint at future modes with zombies....:rockbrow:

*crosses fingers and toes*

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/923/923198p1.html

Awesome news.:D

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm not so sure, it could work.

Like Dawn for instance - the tenement raid as your first level, then the chopper flight as a credits sequence, arrive at the mall and you have to get supplies.

Then you've got the likes of a mission to block the doors of the mall, then sealing the doors from inside, then clearing out the entire mall, then a cutscene montage of time passing, then the raiders attacking and you escaping.

I'm thinking along the lines of a COD4-like game, you might have to add some elements in, or tweak certain things, but with some imagination, talent and love for the source material it could work - then it's just about making it appeal to a wider audience - and NO, that DOESN'T mean runners who fly and scream like banshees. :lol:

darth los
26-Oct-2008, 01:52 AM
I don't think we've seen seen the full potential of the genre come to fruition when it comes to video games. It's always like an add on or unlockable. Imo, if a serious fan made one of these things it would kick ass. You should give it a try MZ. We have faith in you!! :thumbsup:

:cool:

MinionZombie
26-Oct-2008, 11:38 AM
I don't think we've seen seen the full potential of the genre come to fruition when it comes to video games. It's always like an add on or unlockable. Imo, if a serious fan made one of these things it would kick ass. You should give it a try MZ. We have faith in you!! :thumbsup:

If someone wants to give me a bundle of cash and a creative team who rock, then I'd gladly do so. :)

darth los
26-Oct-2008, 05:11 PM
If someone wants to give me a bundle of cash and a creative team who rock, then I'd gladly do so. :)

I say that because you come up with innovative, fleshed out ideas. Your thinking is definitely more detailed than most.

MinionZombie
26-Oct-2008, 05:20 PM
I say that because you come up with innovative, fleshed out ideas. Your thinking is definitely more detailed than most.

Speaking of which, I'm trying to get my arse in gear and finally start writing a new script - my zombie epic - Dj has seen a short script version of the idea and he dug it (but Dj, if you're reading, don't spoiler it :p), and he suggested fleshing it out to a feature length script.

This of course got me all hot and bothered to do so, and I set about planning out the entire plot with segment break-downs, characters, motivations, ideas and imagery across about 25 pages. The intention behind it is to show things not seen before, to go further with some ideas we've had hinted at, or skimmed over, and to try and cover certain issues that have come up repeatedly at this very forum in concern to certain zed flicks. :)

Now to write the damn thing...then get someone to look at it. :)

Yojimbo
11-Dec-2008, 09:29 PM
I'm not so sure, it could work.

Like Dawn for instance - the tenement raid as your first level, then the chopper flight as a credits sequence, arrive at the mall and you have to get supplies.

Then you've got the likes of a mission to block the doors of the mall, then sealing the doors from inside, then clearing out the entire mall, then a cutscene montage of time passing, then the raiders attacking and you escaping.

I'm thinking along the lines of a COD4-like game, you might have to add some elements in, or tweak certain things, but with some imagination, talent and love for the source material it could work - then it's just about making it appeal to a wider audience - and NO, that DOESN'T mean runners who fly and scream like banshees. :lol:

Dudes, I don't mean to necromance, but somehow I missed this post first time around, and Minon's concept for a DOTD 78 game just had me cheering, and I am sitting at work for chrissakes! Right on Minon!

SRP76
11-Dec-2008, 10:08 PM
because they'd suck?

try stretching the 50 odd minutes of dramatic dialogue and tension in night into a 5+ hour horror game.

thats made of fail material. just because it works in one medium does not mean it will in another, thats like "grizzlyman: the musical!, feelgood play of the year!"

Resident Evil wasn't too horrible. It sold about a zillion copies.

It wouldn't be hard to make a zombie game that's based on movies. The game wouldn't strictly be stuck along the movie storyline; more like "you are Ben. You're stuck in the house with these people. Now, do what you want." That wouldn't be bad.

Cody
12-Dec-2008, 02:04 AM
a 28 weeks later game would be awesome, I guess left 4 dead should cover for now though. yes yes I know, 28 weeks is NOT zombies..but still

MinionZombie
12-Dec-2008, 09:51 AM
Dudes, I don't mean to necromance, but somehow I missed this post first time around, and Minon's concept for a DOTD 78 game just had me cheering, and I am sitting at work for chrissakes! Right on Minon!
*takes bow*

But yeah, I do think it could work well, heck, the TV studio stuff could be a credits sequence, and there could possibly be a level made out of the chopper flight itself - you could even perhaps choose which character you wanted to be, so if you were Stephen, you'd get to pilot the chopper.

Depending on which character, you could see other things, like you could drive to the chopper pick up if you were either Roger or Peter, get to see the city in chaos, people on the streets outisde tenements, funeral pyres, the works.

If you were Fran you could be picking off zombies from the roof of the mall to protect the guys, if you were Roger you could go about hot wiring the trucks and then wrestle your way back to Peter's rig.

Heck - if I'm thinking along COD4 lines, you could be all of these characters, and we could see all of this stuff.

It just requires a bit of thought, and love for the source material as I said before ... now come on Activision or somebody, hire me to direct a proper Dawn game. :)

capncnut
12-Dec-2008, 12:23 PM
If you were Fran you could be picking off zombies from the roof of the mall to protect the guys, if you were Roger you could go about hot wiring the trucks and then wrestle your way back to Peter's rig.
I actually have dreams about playing a Dawn FPS and one time I was Fran. It began with the chopper landing at the police dock but the view was Fran's in the cockpit as it landed. Once safely down, the words 'press A to interact with doors and objects' flashed up, so I pressed A, my hands came up on screen, I opened the chopper door and left.

On the roof, Stephen followed up with "You okay, Fran? Can you move around?" and the words 'move left analogue stick around to walk'. Yes, this was a tutorial and all the while I was learning, the music from the directors cut was playing in the background. Picking up the fuel nozzle was easy (kinda like the way you pick up wired plugs in Half Life 2) and yes, I held it in until it spat back out at me. :D

The dream is very vivid and I sometimes revisit once in awhile. Level 2 was the housing project (Roger) and I was going down smoke filled steps until I heard someone shout. It was Woolley and suddenly a few squatters died in front of me (both headshots). Woolley suddenly ran off and the words 'locate and stop your teammate by any means necessary' flashed up. It was so cool.

I got a lot of this s**t written down actually...