PDA

View Full Version : I need to find some new music...

MinionZombie
07-May-2006, 10:17 PM
Okay, I've been languishing in the same songs/bands for a while now with no new blood really being injected, just odd songs by random artists, but no new bands.

However, I've gotten my hands *ahem* on 10,000 Days by Tool. Now, I've heard a couple of Tool tracks before (well, saw the videos technically) and although I didn't pay much attention, I wasn't at all turned off, it's the sort of thing I'd like if I just sat down and listened to it methinks. So I've gotten their latest album and if I do like it, I was wondering which of their albums I should go to next and indeed if there's anything else along that sort of line (band wise) that I might be interested in.

The newest injection of music I've had recently (bar the odd track by this and that) is M83, but I've grown tired of my current WinAmp playlist. :dead:

MKULTRA1138
07-May-2006, 10:31 PM
I'd suggest getting tools Aenima next! It's probably my favorite cd and has my all time favorite tool song, Aenima on it! Also try checking out the new Ministry cd, Rio Grande Blood. It's one of their better efforts. Some say their new cd is a little overkill with the George W. Bush bashing but I love it! Ya can never have enough Bush bashing!

MKULTRA1138
07-May-2006, 10:31 PM
If you like TOOL check out the band A perfect Circle. Tools singer Maynard James Kennan is also the singer in A perfect Circle. Their music is a bit different from tool but not so much that you wouldn't like them

Adrenochrome
07-May-2006, 10:42 PM
If you like TOOL check out the band A perfect Circle. Tools singer Maynard James Kennan is also the singer in A perfect Circle. Their music is a bit different from tool but not so much that you wouldn't like them
While I LOVE TOOL, I can relate to A Perfect Circle a little more. Some of the TOOL music kinda gets to me after a while, especially the EARLY stuff (I still love alot of it, but some - eh)
I can't think of one A Perfect Circle song that I don't like. (and, at one time, he had a cute little chicka bass player.....I think she left toward the end) Her name is Paz Lenchantin - observe the cuteness......
http://www.poetsofzwan.com/iuser/pics/pzsglpaz02.jpg
http://www.bunnybass.com/e-zine/girls/04.girlpictures/pazlenchantin7.jpg

Danny
07-May-2006, 11:49 PM
a friend gave me his copy of panic at the discos a fever you cant sweat out, its pretty unusual but i like it.