PDA

View Full Version : Last House remake 'solid'

capncnut
29-Oct-2008, 02:21 PM
Bloody Disgusting have posted an interview with Garret Dillahunt, who plays Krug in the upcoming remake of The Last House On The Left and revealed that summer test screenings went well. Word on the street is that the film is 'solid'.

"It’s still pretty graphic and we had never seen a movie like that back in the day," Dillahunt explains. "It didn’t really do it for me when I saw it just because my tastes have changed. If any movie deserves to be remade, it’s this one.

"Not a lot of people even know about the original movie and it’s not like we are remaking The Godfather. I had a great time on it, it was a challenge acting wise, and we were with a group of people who really wanted to transcend the genre and the material. I say that because we made a movie I’m really proud of and I can’t wait for it to come out."

Click (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/14105) for article.

I know most of us would probably shudder at the thought of another remake (let alone Last House) but I gotta admit, this one has me intrigued for once.

horrormad
29-Oct-2008, 03:44 PM
Im looking forward to seing this movie.

EvilNed
29-Oct-2008, 04:58 PM
That guy sounds like a douche who doesn't respect the genre. Just a personal observation from me.

capncnut
29-Oct-2008, 05:04 PM
That guy sounds like a douche who doesn't respect the genre. Just a personal observation from me.
I was thinking that myself earlier when I posted it, the guy does sound a little bit off and not very knowledgable on the subject.

horrormad
29-Oct-2008, 05:08 PM
That guy said that Last house deserves a remake no it doesnt as it a classic and should be left alone.

It seems these days all the classic horrors are being remade.

EvilNed
29-Oct-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm seriously considering writing a horror movie manifesto, just to amuse myself, and spread it across the internet just to put to words exactly what is wrong with modern horror, and what was good about low budget 70's and 80's stuff.

I hope horror reverts back to being low budget territory, because as long as alot of money is spent on it, the producers are going to want to have it appeal to as many as possible.

MinionZombie
29-Oct-2008, 07:02 PM
"Not a lot of people even know about the original movie and it’s not like we are remaking The Godfather. I had a great time on it, it was a challenge acting wise, and we were with a group of people who really wanted to transcend the genre and the material. I say that because we made a movie I’m really proud of and I can’t wait for it to come out."

BOLD = GIGANTIC TWAT.

You know how I found out about a whole bunch of these genre classics? Television, the internet, forums, friends, magazines etc.

That's one of the great things about being a new horror fan and getting into the genre and discovering all these flicks as you go, not just seeing "what's out in the cinema right now" - no, f*ck that sh*t.

I'm fed up of all these remakes and the retarded garbage that oozes from the mouths of those involved - ESPECIALLY this guy who's just made himself look like a total dickhead by dissing the original movie (which has a very big, and loyal fanbase - as well as over 30 years of lore to it's name), and then going on about "transcending" ... ugh ... nob'ed.

AcesandEights
29-Oct-2008, 07:55 PM
He makes it sound that the only way he could be proud of a horror film is if it somehow transcends the genre and, in this case, somehow seemingly improves upon the original :confused:

Shouldn't it be enough to do a great job and honor the original...ya know, as opposed to sh1tting all over it in an interview?

This guy does sound like a twat.

Bub666
29-Oct-2008, 10:02 PM
Enough with the remakes already.:mad:

horrormad
29-Oct-2008, 10:21 PM
Enough with the remakes already.:mad:

Yes what Bub said.

Bub666
30-Oct-2008, 02:19 AM
Whats next,a remake of Citizen Kane.:(