PDA

View Full Version : i swear if i get one more...

Mike70
29-Oct-2008, 03:55 PM
fu*king automated phone call from either the mccain camp or from obama, i really am going to vote for scooby doo. it seems like every other time the damn phone rings it is some automated chucklehead trying to convince me as to how to vote. if it isn't some sumbitch about the presidential race it's about congress or the county commission or who i should choose for dog catcher.

it really is irritating. irritating to the point that i've actually started checking our caller ID before i pick up the phone, something i never used to do before. arrggghhh!

ok. rant over.:rant:

horrormad
29-Oct-2008, 03:58 PM
I get the same thing but people trying to sell me sh*t.

What I do is answer the phone leave it on the side and go and watch Tv so basically the guy is talking to himself.

capncnut
29-Oct-2008, 04:15 PM
I got a similar problem. Almost every day I get a call from this automated airhead, who giggles all girlyfied in one of those 'so totally like' Californian accents, "Hi, you have won a holiday! Please call this number to get your special prize!"

Do these people actually think I'm gonna call back? Drives me up the wall it does...

Cody
29-Oct-2008, 04:52 PM
im just getting a crud load of fliers in the mail about mccain and obama

Skippy911sc
29-Oct-2008, 05:18 PM
The simple reason some of you are getting inundated with this sort of propaganda is that you live in one of the so called battle ground states. I live in Illinois (Obama Country) I have not gotten any mail nor any calls...check that I did receive a letter from both campaigns a long time ago thanking me for my support...YES both campaigns? I have no idea were either of them got this information...still funny.

Mike70
29-Oct-2008, 05:23 PM
The simple reason some of you are getting inundated with this sort of propaganda is that you live in one of the so called battle ground states. I live in Illinois (Obama Country) I have not gotten any mail nor any calls...check that I did receive a letter from both campaigns a long time ago thanking me for my support...YES both campaigns? I have no idea were either of them got this information...still funny.

i live in southwest ohio, so i guess that is the most likely reason that we are getting inundated with these calls.

Exatreides
29-Oct-2008, 06:41 PM
North east Indiana and were getting hit hard, despite the fact that I volunteered for the Obama camp and helped make live calls to people...

I come home to automated mccain ones. How rude, at least have a person on the other end.

MikePizzoff
29-Oct-2008, 06:48 PM
I haven't gotten a single thing in the mail or via-phone.

darth los
29-Oct-2008, 07:27 PM
I just got stopped by a worker from the dnc asking me to donate money to the obama campaign. I'm like dude, doesn't he have enough already?

:cool:

DawnGirl27
29-Oct-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm from North Dakota, and other than my husband getting a flier from McCain's camp awhile ago, haven't gotten anything else, and no phone calls (but then, we don't have land lines anymore, just cells).

Bub666
29-Oct-2008, 09:56 PM
fu*king automated phone call from either the mccain camp or from obama, i really am going to vote for scooby doo. it seems like every other time the damn phone rings it is some automated chucklehead trying to convince me as to how to vote. if it isn't some sumbitch about the presidential race it's about congress or the county commission or who i should choose for dog catcher.

Thankfully that hasn't happen to me yet.But we still have about 6 days to go.

bassman
29-Oct-2008, 10:00 PM
I think here in Georgia and the other southern states there's no contest as to whos going to win, so they don't even try.

Publius
29-Oct-2008, 11:20 PM

Assuming you DIDN'T contribute to both campaigns, you might want to check up on those letters. There is a real chance that someone is using your identity to make illegal contributions, even if the money isn't actually coming out of your bank account (or appearing on your credit card).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/28/AR2008102803413_pf.html

I just got stopped by a worker from the dnc asking me to donate money to the obama campaign. I'm like dude, doesn't he have enough already?

Not quite. If he gets enough, his campaign can pay to cancel the whole World Series to replace it with a prime-time Obamathon. ;)

Anybody catch the "Obama Variety Half-Hour" skit on SNL? Priceless.

AcesandEights
30-Oct-2008, 12:08 AM
We get multiple automated calls in the office everyday. A bit of the pain, yeah, but I don't get any on my cell...usually.

blind2d
30-Oct-2008, 12:46 AM
I feel left out... hey, do credit card offers count?

AcesandEights
30-Oct-2008, 01:01 AM
I feel left out... hey, do credit card offers count?

Hehe, there just as bad, if not worse! I could probably wallpaper my home with the amount of cc offers I get in one year and I don't even have the best credit.

Bub666
30-Oct-2008, 01:08 AM
do credit card offers count?

I get that almost every day.