PDA

View Full Version : Zombie games.

horrormad
29-Oct-2008, 03:56 PM
Dear Members:

Im looking to buy some good zombie games but dont know whick ones to go for. Please let me know which ones would be good.

I own these consoles: Playstation 2 Xbox 360

Let me know thanks.

capncnut
29-Oct-2008, 04:07 PM
I do believe this one is Danny's territory. That kid loves a horror game, fooking addicted he is. :D

But in my experience, it's pretty much the Resident Evil series (the much superior PS1 games are backwards compatible with PS2 so all good there) and the Silent Hill series. Dead Rising is another.

Half Life 2 has a neat level called 'We Don't Go To Ravenholm', which kicks ass. And then there's Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Loads o'games!

bassman
29-Oct-2008, 04:08 PM
Well...I guess the obvious first choice would be Dead Rising.

horrormad
29-Oct-2008, 04:15 PM
I actually own Dead rising.

I think I will go with the resident evil series as I havent played many of those games.

capncnut
29-Oct-2008, 04:26 PM
Just thought of another one. Cold Fear was a survival horror zombie type game that came out on the PS2 a few years back. Was set on a boat during a storm and was quite dizzying to play because the screen rocks about with the boat. But had a few good scares up it's sleeve, you should be able to pick it up from GameStation for peanuts.

Cody
29-Oct-2008, 04:33 PM
Capn you include Silent Hill as a zombie game?

capncnut
29-Oct-2008, 04:35 PM
Capn you include Silent Hill as a zombie game?
Well, Silent Hill might not be a true zombie game per-se but some of the foes definitely resemble zombies. Especially those sexy shambling nurses. :D

MikePizzoff
29-Oct-2008, 06:47 PM
I've met a couple of zombies in Fallout 3. They don't try to eat humans, though. Some choose to work with/for humans, while it's rumored that there is an underground city filled with those that wish to stay away from humans.

Bub666
29-Oct-2008, 10:20 PM
I think I will go with the resident evil series as I havent played many of those games.

If you haven't played the resident evil games,you definitely have to check them out.Those are some great games.

horrormad
29-Oct-2008, 10:24 PM
If you haven't played the resident evil games,you definitely have to check them out.Those are some great games.

Will do going to check out Resident evil 4 sometime.

capncnut
30-Oct-2008, 09:58 AM
Will do going to check out Resident evil 4 sometime.
I think you should check out Resident Evil 2 personally.

EvilNed
30-Oct-2008, 12:40 PM
I've met a couple of zombies in Fallout 3. They don't try to eat humans, though. Some choose to work with/for humans, while it's rumored that there is an underground city filled with those that wish to stay away from humans.

They're ghouls, not zombies. Ghouls are mutated humans, and they don't eat human flesh. They're just your average joes, basicly, but quite mutated and shunned.

Cody
30-Oct-2008, 04:22 PM
Resident Evil 4 is kick ass, but it falls away from thje whole zombie scene. Before you try 4 try 2 & 3, also maybe veronica.

darth los
30-Oct-2008, 05:06 PM
They're ghouls, not zombies. Ghouls are mutated humans, and they don't eat human flesh. They're just your average joes, basicly, but quite mutated and shunned.

Well, in NOTLD the word zombe is never mentioned. They're just called ghouls.

horrormad
30-Oct-2008, 05:40 PM

Ok will do thanks.

Bub666
30-Oct-2008, 05:51 PM

Yeah,Resident Evil 2 is the best game in the whole series.

darth los
30-Oct-2008, 06:03 PM
Just as we overlook the effects in dawn and see the greatest zombie film ever made, that's the same way you should approach playing RE 2. Once you get past the dated graphics (which were state of the art and lifelike to me at the time) I think you will find that it's the best in the series. It's really the epic of the series. It's a shame that they never chose to re do the kick ass two scenario format.

:cool:

capncnut
07-Nov-2008, 03:52 PM
Last night I set up my PSX and got started with the original Resident Evil on the Chris Redfield scenario. Well, how I completed it back in 1996 I dunno but it's a very punishing game. I mean, while I've only died once so far (currently I'm at the big snake boss), I've really had to conserve on bullets as I actually found myself ammoless for a good 10-15 minutes until I found the shotgun. Also, I would like to say that the game still rocks for a bunch of blocky pixels set against bitmap backdrops and the atmosphere is second to none. Lovin' it!

Cant wait until I waste the shark. ;)

Before you try 4 try 2 & 3, also maybe veronica.
Code Veronica is the bomb but damn hard. The Hunters are relentless and that Tyrant on the roof is an absolute bastard the first time around.