PDA

View Full Version : Longtime HPOTD Member could use some help

Philly_SWAT
02-Nov-2008, 09:39 AM
OK guys, I entered an online contest, but unfortunately I only heard about the contest 10 days ago, and it has been going on since July. The top 25 entires are eligible for cash prizes, but I would need both "ratings" and "votes" in order to make it. If you felt so inclined, it would be much appreciated if you could go to the site and vote for me!

The contest is called Nascar Biggest Fan. Their are cash prizes for the top 4 or 5, and the grand prize is $25,000. There are two different things there, rating and voting. If everyone could go there and give me a rating of 5 and vote for me, I may be able to get into the finals, which starts in only two weeks. If I did make the finals, then people would have to go back and vote again for the finals. That isnt all that difficult, but I know it may sound like a pain in the neck to some people. Getting into the finals is the most important thing at this point though. There will be thousands of people voting that will not know anyone in the finals (only 25 videos make the finals), so if I can get to the finals, I got a shot.

So here is the direct link to my video, I decided to just call it "My Nascar Story".

http://nascarbiggestfan.com/video.php?id=9bb9608f4a9a

Obvioulsy, the homepage is just nascarbiggestfan.com.

As my understanding goes, the contest in two pronged. First, the judges will pick the top 25 and post them under a separate heading on Nov. 14th. Then those 25 will have separate voting to determine the winners. I am not exactly clear if the top 25 are picked at the judges decretion, or if the early voting will determine the top 25. If it is the early voting only, that seems to make it more difficult for a late entry like me to get enough votes, seeing as this contest started in July. I have received some ratings already, but they are lower than others. I guess either my video sucks, or people who have videos posted go in and give low ratings for new entires to increase thier chances.

So, if anyone wants to help me out, they will need to go to the site, register (just name and email adress), and then hopefully vote for me and rate me five stars. Even if someone were to like another video better, it would be nice if they would still vote for me so I can try to win. If I am chosen as one of the top 25, then they would have to go back to the site and vote for me again.

As of this moment, the top rated video has 3 and a half stars. This is with 266 ratings. I gave myself a 5 star rating, and noticed that just that one vote made me go up half a star. Of course, that is because I only have so few rating points right now, but if a bunch of people were to all give me 5 stars, then I may go up to 3 and a half, hopefully 4. I am able to rate myself, but I am not allowed to vote for myself. The top "rated" video has only 26 votes, so perhaps I can surpass that in two weeks. The 4th rated video has 90 votes. I dont know what is more important, ratings or votes, but if I could get a bunch of votes that might be enough to get me into the finals along with good ratings. Anyway, any help here would be appreciated. I think I got a shot at the finals with just a little help.

Yojimbo
02-Nov-2008, 03:55 PM
Done, brother PhillySwat. Cool video, BTW!

DawnGirl27
02-Nov-2008, 08:46 PM
Voted for you, Philly! Great video - hope you win! :thumbsup:

ProfessorChaos
02-Nov-2008, 09:13 PM
you're welcome, philly.

Bub666
02-Nov-2008, 11:29 PM
I just voted for you Philly,I hope you win.

Publius
03-Nov-2008, 04:35 PM
If you felt so inclined, it would be much appreciated if you could go to the site and vote for me!

Done.

AcesandEights
03-Nov-2008, 05:23 PM
I thought only a woman could get me to pretend to love NASCAR :D

Done and done, Philly. Good luck!

Philly_SWAT
03-Nov-2008, 06:34 PM
I thought only a woman could get me to pretend to love NASCAR :D

LOL!!!:lol::lol:

Thanks all of you who have voted for me so far! As of this second, I am on the front page of most popular videos! For anyone else, remember that there are two separate things there, a rating and a vote, I need both! Thanks again everyone!

bassman
03-Nov-2008, 07:22 PM
Cool video, man. You've met some greats.

MaximusIncredulous
04-Nov-2008, 05:06 AM
Rating submitted and good luck.

Philly_SWAT
04-Nov-2008, 06:32 PM
Rating submitted and good luck.

Thanks a lot! Hopefully you gave me a vote as well as a rating. As of right now, I have 45 ratings and only 9 votes. I am not sure which is what will determine the finalists... I hope it is ratings!

Bunker65
05-Nov-2008, 05:17 AM
Nice job on the video Philly !! For sure you're the biggest Nascar fan I've run into :cool: !! I've only been to one race at Dover and really enjoyed it.

Hopefully my vote & 5 star rating helps you out :).

Philly_SWAT
05-Nov-2008, 06:26 PM
Nice job on the video Philly !! For sure you're the biggest Nascar fan I've run into :cool: !! I've only been to one race at Dover and really enjoyed it.

Hopefully my vote & 5 star rating helps you out :).

Thanks, I am sure that every voteand rating helps! If I make the finals, I will need your help again!

I have never been to Dover. I really want to go there. What I really want to do is to be able to sit in the "Monster Bridge". As far as I can tell, the only way a regular person like myself can get a seat there is to win a contest, and the only contest I have ever seen was on a local Dover radio contest, which I found out about after the fact and couldnt have entered anyway.

MaximusIncredulous
06-Nov-2008, 04:19 AM
Thanks a lot! Hopefully you gave me a vote as well as a rating. As of right now, I have 45 ratings and only 9 votes. I am not sure which is what will determine the finalists... I hope it is ratings!

It was both but those are pretty lopsided. According to their FAQ, votes will determine finalists.