PDA

View Full Version : A Sneak Look at the First Teaser Poster!!!!

krakenslayer
05-Nov-2008, 09:44 PM
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/photosizer/timthumb.php?src=/photosizer/upload/ofthedead110608.jpg&w=600&zc=0

Holy **** that looks cool!

Bub666
06-Nov-2008, 03:43 AM
Thats an awesome looking poster.

Mike70
06-Nov-2008, 03:46 AM
that is a pretty darn cool poster. the tagline is a bit cheesy but let's not split hairs. death is the ultimate form of post-modernism.

Dead_fred
06-Nov-2008, 03:56 AM
Im gonna see it anyway so...

when the proposed release date? did anyone else here think DIARY sucked?

DjfunkmasterG
06-Nov-2008, 01:08 PM
I can't see the B-D poster as my work blocks the site, but is it the same as this?

http://www.dreadcentral.com/img/news/nov08/deadhirez1.jpg
http://www.dreadcentral.com/img/news/nov08/deadhirez2.jpg

bassman
06-Nov-2008, 01:23 PM
Yeah DJ, that's the one. Is there any closer image so we can read/see what's on that second picture?

I was thinking it was a fake because of "...of the dead", but maybe not. Why would they put out a poster when they don't know the title?

sirjacktorrance
06-Nov-2008, 02:13 PM
text:

SPOILERS!!!

On a small island of northamerican coast the dead rise to menace the living.
Yet..
... the islanders canīt bring themselves to exterminate their beloved ones despite the growing danger from those they once held dear.
A rebel among them hunts down all the zombies he can find,only to be banished from the island for assassinating his neightbors and friends.
On the mainland,bent on revenge.He encounters a small band of survivors in search of an oasis on wich to build a new life.Barely surviving an attack of ravenous flesh eaters...
...They commandeer a zombie infested ferry and sail to the island.There to their horror,they discover that the locals have chained the dead inside their homes,pretending to live "normal" lives with bloody consecuences...
what ensues is a desesperate struggle for survival and the answer of a question never posed in Romeroīs dead films can the livivng ever live in peace with the dead?

the premise itīs pretty interesting,but i fear george canītn mange well the "peace with the zombies" topic

bassman
06-Nov-2008, 02:19 PM
Very interesting.:hyper:

I love the idea of a rebel guy going around to "assassinate" the dead loved ones.

Thorn
06-Nov-2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks for posting both of you, it looks amazing. I love early looks at movie posters. I was an art guy in school as such I am very visual. This is excellent.

I too would LOVE a close up look of the second half of the second image if possible. Anyone know where to find...?

EDIT:

Just took some reverse URL tracking.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/1078/ofthedead1vk4.jpg
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6606/ofthedead2wk0.jpg

Mike70
06-Nov-2008, 03:39 PM
thanks thorn. this second pic is hella cool. is pappy in the second small pic down holding dynamite? that is what it looks like to me anyway.

capncnut
06-Nov-2008, 03:47 PM
Mmm, the poster and the plot is beginning to intrigue me. At first I wasn't all that bothered by ...Of The Dead but now I'm slowly warming to it.

bassman
06-Nov-2008, 03:55 PM
So zombies in the snow? That's sort of new. I like it.

DubiousComforts
06-Nov-2008, 04:40 PM
"the locals have chained the dead inside their homes,pretending to live 'normal' lives with bloody consequences..."

This part sounds excellent. Even though Shaun of the Dead depicted the same thing in a funny way, there is great potential in what Romero could do with it.

MinionZombie
06-Nov-2008, 05:49 PM
Yep, my boner for this just got heftier. :elol:

What? ... Too much? Pfft.

I totally dig the idea, and can see where this 'western vibe' fits in, and I too especially dig this idea of a dude going around assinating zombies within his community and getting banished, sounds awesome-o to me.

axlish
06-Nov-2008, 06:03 PM
Thanks for posting the large art, Thorn. That poster looks like a hell of a good time. The plot sounds decent, too.

SymphonicX
06-Nov-2008, 06:21 PM
this is definitely promising

Like Lost with zombies...to trivialise it....

sandrock74
06-Nov-2008, 07:48 PM
I dunno...that whole write up and the lack of a movie name...it all seems amateurish to me. How do we know this isn't a fanboy thing?

3pidemiC
06-Nov-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm excited. Nice.

Eat Flesh
07-Nov-2008, 03:58 AM
Damn that second pic with the text looks awesome. I have been holding back but that is getting me going. I am definitely excited about this concept.

MinionZombie
07-Nov-2008, 09:45 AM
I dunno...that whole write up and the lack of a movie name...it all seems amateurish to me. How do we know this isn't a fanboy thing?
Wouldn't have thought so, it's probably just to have something, that they can show to potential buyers, or people seeking information to keep the snoops at bay.

Hopefully the title won't be just "...of the Dead", that's probably just a little gag in a way for the teaser as they don't have a name yet, but they always use that in the title.

Danny
07-Nov-2008, 11:21 AM
am i the only one thinking that "of the dead" IS the final title?, i mean it works when you think about it. sounds a little art hous-ey but its still nifty.

blind2d
07-Nov-2008, 11:45 AM
Looks peachy-fine! Can't wait for this one!

Skippy911sc
07-Nov-2008, 01:51 PM
Kinda looks John Carpenter-ish...which to me is a good thing. I get an 80's feel from the photos.

Me likes

Thorn
07-Nov-2008, 02:04 PM
A lot of times pre-release material is generated to create buzz, and "tease" fans to drum up interest. Really this is not out of the ordinary in the industry.

A pleasure as always Ax. HPotD 4 Life!

The idea is really growing on me and the few images we have seen look good. I assume they are going to use CGI t punch them up a bit so we will have to see.

bassman
07-Nov-2008, 02:18 PM
I assume they are going to use CGI t punch them up a bit so we will have to see.

I hope not. If they use cgi I hope it's very minimal like when they used CGI to make background scenes, buildings, and such in Land. Hopefully there won't be any pez dispenser priest type CGI, though.:|

DawnGirl27
08-Nov-2008, 01:31 PM
I like what I'm seeing and hearing (thanks for the poster and info, guys) so far, too. GAR can pull it off; I just hope he does...

Trin
21-Nov-2008, 06:20 PM
Oh, come on people!! This sounds good? A plot about how humans chain up the dead inside their houses and continue to live their normal lives?

Yes GAR people ignore problems. We F*#KING GET IT!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

I'm sick of blowing 90 minutes of my all to brief glimpses into the Dead universe following the lives of complete idiots. No one - NO ONE - would be so stupid as to harbor the living dead and pretend they are fine. It's just so goddam implausible!!

Halfway through this movie Peter needs to land in the chopper, blow the piss out of all the zombies, give a quick nod to the stunned humans, and fly away. That would make this movie more like Dawn. Not f'in stupid people doing f'in stupid things for an f'in stupid message.

AcesandEights
21-Nov-2008, 07:57 PM

Hehe, first second I read this sentence I read it as: "Yes GAR-people ignore problems." Not what you meant, but maybe still applicable from some folk's (maybe your own) perspective.

Minerva_Zombi
21-Nov-2008, 08:16 PM
then dont watch it.

bassman
21-Nov-2008, 08:18 PM
then dont watch it.

:lol:

You would think that's the obvious solution...

clanglee
21-Nov-2008, 08:27 PM
Come on Trin. . even I am giving this one some cautious hope. Let's just wait and see man.

MinionZombie
21-Nov-2008, 08:35 PM
:lol:

You would think that's the obvious solution...
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/112/289959670_1d4aa3edde.jpg

MoonSylver
22-Nov-2008, 09:55 PM
Oh, come on people!! This sounds good? A plot about how humans chain up the dead inside their houses and continue to live their normal lives?

To me this doesn't sound like another "ignoring the problem" movie, it sounds like it's touching on anther theme that has been briefly raised in previous films, but not explored in great depth: peoples refusal to let go. To accept that these AREN'T your friends & loved ones anymore. That they ARE in fact dead.

No one - NO ONE - would be so stupid as to harbor the living dead and pretend they are fine. It's just so goddam implausible!!

You don't think there would be people out there who would refuse to accept that the dead are returning to life? That would refuse to believe that their loved one is in fact dead, instead considering them "sick" & waiting for a "cure"? I've already considered that scenario WAY BEFORE this movie was ever announced.

Look at the basement scene in "Dawn". It ain't all that far a leap in thinking from where the people in the apartment complex were to where the people on this island apparently are.

Trin
23-Nov-2008, 02:28 AM
Yes, the residents of the apartment were in denial. And they were getting killed in droves for it. And the SWAT team (government) came in and cleaned it up. That's a realistic portrayal of how that kind of thing would occur.

Residents of an island attempting to live alongside the dead - pretending these creatures are not any different than before - that's ridiculous. And it IS another lame exploration of ignoring the problem.

You guys are right. I can just stay home. I've been a Dead fan for 30 years and based on the ridiculous plot and the ridiculous characters I am seriously considering NOT seeing this movie in the theater.

MoonSylver
23-Nov-2008, 05:06 AM
Yes, the residents of the apartment were in denial

Yes they were. Sounds like these folks are too.

And they were getting killed in droves for it.

Not by the zombies they were keeping contained they weren't. The were dying on the streets, according to the priest. Probably from zombie attacks outside the building & each other.

And the SWAT team (government) came in and cleaned it up. That's a realistic portrayal of how that kind of thing would occur.

The authorities came in because they were refusing to obey the martial law declared in the city. They had no idea they were keeping them in the basement. With this being a small, apparently isolated island, no authorities are going to be in any big hurry to come there I would imagine.

The only reason I brought it up was the similarity of the scenario & the mind set: one group refuses to destroy them "because they still believe there's respect in dying", the other because they believe they can be "cured". Other than that, they're apples & oranges in terms of where they're set & how they would play out.

Residents of an island attempting to live alongside the dead - pretending these creatures are not any different than before - that's ridiculous.

I've not heard that they're attempting to live alongside them or pretending that they're not any different than before (other than some hyperbole tag lines spouted by the production company). That would be silly. My understanding is that they're keeping them contained & refusing to kill them believing that there will be a cure. That's a big difference in terms of POV in my book.

And it IS another lame exploration of ignoring the problem.

I disagree. See above.

You guys are right. I can just stay home. I've been a Dead fan for 30 years and based on the ridiculous plot and the ridiculous characters I am seriously considering NOT seeing this movie in the theater.

Meh...I'm in no big hurry to rush to judgment on a movie that hasn't even finished filming yet. I'll wait 'till it come out, see it for myself & then form my opinion.:)

Trin
24-Nov-2008, 06:57 PM
If the dead in the apartment basement in Dawn were safely contained then what were they eating? And why did the SWAT team encountered dead up on the floors? No, the apartment dwellers were dying in droves in the name of protecting their dead. The whole point of martial law was to combat the fact that the idiots like those in the apartments were contributing to the problem.

Does it touch on people's refusal to let go? Yes, agreed. I think this movie will more fully explore that theme. My personal opinion is that there's no point exploring it though. I was satisfied with what Dawn did on the topic. And another opinion - I think it would take great finesses and subtlety to pull it off in a way that was worth exploring. I fear that GAR isn't up to the challenge given his recent bent to drive home a point with a sledgehammer.

I agree that having the two factions (destroy vs. protect) is new territory from the perspective of how it plays out. I'd also agree that it's potentially interesting. But the line "There to their horror,they discover that the locals have chained the dead inside their homes," pretty much ruins any idea I have of this delivering anything enjoyable. And the line "pretending to live normal lives with bloody consequences" reinforces my opinion that the theme of ignoring the problem is going to be thrust in our faces again.

You are also quite right in not reading too much into a cheesy description so long before the movie comes out. I'll try to govern my negativity a bit in light of that. :)

blind2d
25-Nov-2008, 03:31 AM
Glad to see you being reasonable while still holding to your own, admittedly intuitive, opinion. Very mature, I'm impressed.

MoonSylver
25-Nov-2008, 04:41 AM
If the dead in the apartment basement in Dawn were safely contained then what were they eating? And why did the SWAT team encountered dead up on the floors?

Both good questions that aren't made 100% clear. The feasting I always read as A) someone was feeding them or B) they were noshing on "fresh" corpses, still warm, hadn't risen. As for the zed's upstairs, one room full. One cop exclaims "Not that room!". I figured it as a family that had went together or one turned & took the others out & the locked them in there since they weren't able to put them in the basement.

You are also quite right in not reading too much into a cheesy description so long before the movie comes out. I'll try to govern my negativity a bit in light of that. :)

That's the spirit! ;)

deadkrank
17-Jan-2009, 11:28 AM
Im gonna see it anyway so...

when the proposed release date? did anyone else here think DIARY sucked?

Well the first time I watched Diary I was not that happy with it. Then it came out on DVD and I did not buy it. Months passed and then it came out on Blu-Ray and I still did not buy it. Well yesterday after months of not buying it I finaly broke down and bought Diary of The Dead on Blu-Ray. Watched it last night. Thought the movie looked great in High Def. Well that was because it shot with HD cameras.
And I think its starting to grow on me as I enjoyed watching it. No I dont think it was a great film.But still it had some good moments. And I'm glad I finaly bought it.
And also Diary of The Dead did not make me feal motion sickness like Cloverfield did. When I was done watching Cloverfield I had to swallow a couple of asprin as it gave me a headache to watch.
And Diary did not. There was a lot less shaking on Diary.
Glad that I finaly added the 5th Lving Dead to my movie shelf.

sandrock74
18-Jan-2009, 04:59 AM
I can't believe I didn't notice this before, but looking at the poster, isn't the "lead" zombie (in the center) George Romero himself??

DubiousComforts
18-Jan-2009, 05:17 AM
If the dead in the apartment basement in Dawn were safely contained then what were they eating?
Nothing. It's established that they don't need to eat anything to exist because they're dead.

And why did the SWAT team encountered dead up on the floors?
Because the authorities were asshats and caused a dangerous situation to become deadly through their ineptitude.

Next silly question.

clanglee
18-Jan-2009, 05:43 AM
Nothing. It's established that they don't need to eat anything to exist because they're dead.

One zombie was clearly chowing down on a haunch of meat of some sort.

DubiousComforts
18-Jan-2009, 06:03 AM
One zombie was clearly chowing down on a haunch of meat of some sort.
Could have been a fresh corpse dumped in the holding tank from which parts were eaten before it revived.

clanglee
18-Jan-2009, 06:53 AM
Could have been a fresh corpse dumped in the holding tank from which parts were eaten before it revived.

Indeed. .could have been. I never really thought about the hows and whys of that scene before. I'm sure it was just there for extra creepy effect.

DubiousComforts
18-Jan-2009, 06:05 PM
Indeed. .could have been. I never really thought about the hows and whys of that scene before. I'm sure it was just there for extra creepy effect.
I agree. I believe that they simply dressed those scenes for maximum effect by having body parts strewn about, zombies with limbs missing, etc. There is even a skeletal corpse propped up in a corner. Like a nightmare, there is no rhyme or reason.

ItsJustaScratch
20-Jan-2009, 03:19 PM

I'm sick of blowing 90 minutes of my all to brief glimpses into the Dead universe following the lives of complete idiots. No one - NO ONE - would be so stupid as to harbor the living dead and pretend they are fine. It's just so goddam implausible!!

Halfway through this movie Peter needs to land in the chopper, blow the piss out of all the zombies, give a quick nod to the stunned humans, and fly away. That would make this movie more like Dawn. Not f'in stupid people doing f'in stupid things for an f'in stupid message.

They're out in the sticks right? You've seen Deliverance I gather? not exactly Darwin material. Isolation can some times do that.
Dawns far from idiot proof, like getting your blood pressure checked when surround by zombies, just wouldn't happen.:annoyed:

Trin
22-Jan-2009, 06:24 PM
My stance is that I don't want to see a movie full of idiot protagonists making lame-ass decisions on the road to not surviving. Make the situation and the zombies work for it a bit. I want to feel the jaws of the situation closing in on me even as the characters make seemingly good decisions. Not wonder why the heck I'm watching such a group of knuckleheads in a desperate situation of their own making.

If the main protagonists are explained away as idiots because they are living out in the sticks, ala Deliverance, then simply set the movie where less idiotic people live.

Dawn did not portray any of the protagonists as idiots. The blood pressure cuff guy was someone GAR wanted us to see as an idiot. The apartment dwellers were portrayed as idiots to set the stage for why society fell.

Likewise, Night & Day did not portray any idiot protagonists. Yes, there were idiots in the movies, but not the ones we were pulling for. Sarah, John, Bill - those guys had good heads on their shoulders. And Ben - heck, that guy was as intelligent on the night it all started as any Dead protagonist since.

For all my Land-hating even Land didn't portray Riley and his group as idiots. They weren't making the best decisions, but they weren't idiots. Charlie, who was outright called an idiot, was perhaps one of the best survivalists in all the Dead movies.

Diary... well, okay, it was full of idiots.

I really hope that Whatever of the Dead has some non-idiots in it to pull for.

DubiousComforts
22-Jan-2009, 06:44 PM
The apartment dwellers were portrayed as idiots to set the stage for why society fell.
Yet the authorities were demonstrated to be even bigger idiots.

It helps to check your ego at the door when viewing these films, then you might not miss so much.

clanglee
22-Jan-2009, 07:34 PM

It helps to check your ego at the door when viewing these films, then you might not miss so much.

Why do you assume that because he didn't metion it, he missed it? :rolleyes:

Trin
22-Jan-2009, 08:01 PM

It helps to check your ego at the door when viewing these films, then you might not miss so much.You're absolutely right Dubious. The entire scene served to display the authorities, the people... the entire society... as too idiotic to survive. That and the news studio were very well-used time in the film to establish the fall of society.

But the focus of the movie is on the people who fled those scenes. We focus on the non-idiots. It's my hope that the new movie has enough of those non-idiots to keep me from having to gouge my eyes out watching people who keep houses full of zombies and think that's perfectly normal.

As far as checking egos goes, it takes one to know one. Neener, neener, neener. I know what you are but what am I? :p :lol:

blind2d
22-Jan-2009, 11:15 PM
I just thought about it, and... I would probably keep my family around even if they were the undead (not too far from it, either). Like Ed in "Shaun". Of course this is coming from the guy who has over fifty imaginary friends...