PDA

View Full Version : Ghostbuster officially returns with Atari as publisher.

DeadJonas190
08-Nov-2008, 12:20 AM
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171178

From 1up.com
Activision's Bobby Kotick may have dumped Ghostbusters: The Videogame from his company's roster because he felt it lacked potential in the exploitation department, but thankfully that has not stopped Atari from picking the game up. Original Ghostbuster Dan Akroid broke the news of the Atari partnership on October 15, but the publisher made it official Thursday night.

The announcement stated that the new publisher is working with developer Terminal Reality and Sony Pictures Consumer Products to ensure that the Ghostbusters game will arrive in stores just in time for the movie's 25th anniversary in 2009. No exact date was mentioned by Atari, but the original Ghostbusters film arrived in theaters on June 8, 1984 so until we get a more concrete statement from the publisher, we're expecting the game sometime during June 2009 when Sony will likely release anniversary editions of the movie.

Before you get worried about Atari being the publisher for the game, just remember that despite the financial woes over the past year and a half that eventually got the publisher delisted from NASDAQ, you shouldn't write them off as dead in the water just yet. Atari was the Asian, American and European publisher for The Witcher, which was a pretty big hit for a new intellectual property, and their moniker is also attached to the upcoming Sacred 2: Fallen Angel which has had some positive buzz surrounding it. With Ghostbusters being highly anticipated since its announcement in November 2007, Atari may have the golden goose they need on their hands.

The game will be made available for all consoles currently on the market, along with the Nintendo DS and PC. It boggles the mind that the only reason Bobby Kotick and Activision passed on this was because they seem concerned with sequel potential. At least someone in the videogame industry isn't afraid of no ghost.

So rejoice, the game is officially back on.

bassman
08-Nov-2008, 01:55 AM
Old news.

:p

Danny
08-Nov-2008, 02:31 AM
keep n truckin' though, someones gotta out fanboy bass.

i however liked the extreme ghostbusters series so i fail by default.:lol:

bassman
08-Nov-2008, 03:04 AM
keep n truckin' though, someones gotta out fanboy bass.

i however liked the extreme ghostbusters series so i fail by default.:lol:

Real Ghostbusters wins over Extreme Ghostbusters....but I still enjoyed it for what it is.

Bring on Ghostbusters 3(the game) bitches!!!!

MinionZombie
08-Nov-2008, 10:37 AM
Ugh, I saw "Extreme Ghostbusters" when it started showing on telly - hated it.

Thought it was stupid, and pandered to kids by trying to be hip - hence the name - but also PC, hence the dude in a wheelchair, I've got nothing against dude in a wheelchair, except it's not exactly practical for fighting ghosts to be honest.

Also, they all looked like punks, and it just looked really crudely jazzed up ... it was sh*t and I don't plan on going back there thank you very much, The Real Ghostbusters is where IT is at. :cool:

MikePizzoff
08-Nov-2008, 07:00 PM
Also, they all looked like punks, and it just looked really crudely jazzed up ... it was sh*t and I don't plan on going back there thank you very much, The Real Ghostbusters is where IT is at. :cool:

You don't mean punk rockers, do you? Cause they didn't. I'd assume the term "punk" was used in a derogatory way.

MinionZombie
08-Nov-2008, 09:49 PM
Well you know what I mean, that generic "punk"-ish image, spikey hair, dark eyes, all that wank.

http://www.xoyun.com/oyunresimler/2411/2411.gif

Well, two of them did anyway ... rocker/punker type vibe to be all 'hip with the kids' and sh*t. Plus I don't like that chunky-jaw styling either ... not a patch on TRGB.

Cody
09-Nov-2008, 12:16 AM
howd i know bassman was gonna reply first to this thread?

EvilNed
09-Nov-2008, 12:51 AM
Ah. The Witcher... That was a kick ass game...

bassman
10-Nov-2008, 12:31 PM
howd i know bassman was gonna reply first to this thread?

*takes a bow*

The main reason I could tolerate the extreme ghostbusters was a two part episode called "back in the saddle" that featured the RGB's. With the exception of that, I've only seen EGB one time through and don't really plan on doing it again.