PDA

View Full Version : Victims of coicumstance?.......

MontagMOI
08-Nov-2008, 09:38 PM
If this has already posted then apologies...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38970

MoonSylver
09-Nov-2008, 01:29 AM
:mad::annoyed::mad::annoyed::mad::annoyed::mad::ma d::mad::mad::mad:

I heard about this the other day & it's SACRILEGE. The Stooges were GENIUS. I LOVE those guys. What's next, a new "Bogart" or "John Wayne" movie w/ someone else as Boggie or the Duke? C'mon! These guys wern't just characters, they were originals!

Wanna make a movie in that STYLE of comedy? I'm fine with that. But to actually make a THREE STOOGES MOVIE WITHOUT LARRY, MOE & CURLEY?!?!?!?! Nope. I ain't buyin' it bub.

GODDAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::annoyed::mad::annoyed::mad::an noyed::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yojimbo
12-Nov-2008, 03:49 PM
I am with Moon on this one. This is an outrage! Stupid and lame, and will be a flop. I will not spend a penny on this film, not even rent it on "rent two get one free night" (which I would do even for NOLD 30th) All copies of this film should be buried in the same landfill as that ET game back in the day. And the ground should be salted.

I put a curse on this film. A POX ON THEE!!!!

EvilNed
12-Nov-2008, 04:23 PM
Never saw the originals. I went on to youtube and watched some of em, and truth be told, I couldn't care less. The ****'s not funny to begin with.

darth los
12-Nov-2008, 04:56 PM
Never saw the originals. I went on to youtube and watched some of em, and truth be told, I couldn't care less. The ****'s not funny to begin with.

I didn't find that stuff very funny either. But to each his own

:cool:

Publius
12-Nov-2008, 05:07 PM

I didn't find that stuff very funny either. But to each his own

Duly noted. The two of you may turn in your man cards on the way out of the forum.

Moe, Larry and Curly Are From Mars, Hugh Grant Is From Venus (http://www.arabnews.com/?page=21&section=0&article=74806&d=20&m=12&y=2005)

:)

DubiousComforts
12-Nov-2008, 07:03 PM
Right, because YouBoob is the best method for viewing comedy shorts from 50 years ago that were intended to be viewed theatrically.

EvilNed
12-Nov-2008, 08:44 PM
Right, because YouBoob is the best method for viewing comedy shorts from 50 years ago that were intended to be viewed theatrically.

Yes. Because it's sketches, so indeed, yes, it does work. And the sketches aren't funny, so now I know, and now I know I'm not into their kind of humour (which seems AWFULLY simple!) and now I know not to bother my time with them. Unlike the Marx brothers, they just don't seem to have aged very well.

AcesandEights
12-Nov-2008, 10:40 PM
Unlike the Marx brothers, they just don't seem to have aged very well.

Any opportunity to spread your Marxist ways, eh, Ned? :p

MoonSylver
12-Nov-2008, 10:51 PM
Yes. Because it's sketches, so indeed, yes, it does work. And the sketches aren't funny, so now I know, and now I know I'm not into their kind of humour (which seems AWFULLY simple!) and now I know not to bother my time with them. Unlike the Marx brothers, they just don't seem to have aged very well.

Won't get into a pi$$ing match over this, as humor is subjective, but respectively disagree. I think each a has aged just fine. Comparing the Marx Brothers to the Stooges is definitely apples and oranges though.

I can see why the Farley Brothers want to raise them from the dead though. They did beat them to the punch by around 60 years.:D

Oh, & anyone who doesn't love the Stooges is a heretic.:p

http://www.tvcrazy.net/tvclassics/articles/stooges/images/three-stooges.jpg

EvilNed
12-Nov-2008, 11:21 PM
Any opportunity to spread your Marxist ways, eh, Ned? :p

Damnit, am I so predictable?

blind2d
13-Nov-2008, 01:08 AM
I agree with apples to oranges, but I'll take apples (Marx) over oranges any day!

clanglee
13-Nov-2008, 01:23 AM

Moe, Larry and Curly Are From Mars, Hugh Grant Is From Venus (http://www.arabnews.com/?page=21&section=0&article=74806&d=20&m=12&y=2005)

:)

awesome article there Pub!! Hilarious stuff. Stooges rock!!!

You non stooge lovers look a little upset. Awww. . . do you need some kerosene? Why kerosene you ask? Well it's really useful stuff, but I thought you guys might want to put some around your ankles. . You know, to keep the ants from crawling up your legs and biting your vaginas!!:cool:

DubiousComforts
13-Nov-2008, 04:27 AM
How exactly is your personal preference relevant to the topic of this thread again?

And since we're off-topic for the moment, I must ask of anyone that has only ever seen the Three Stooges on YouBoob: how does one determine "aging well" when you are so obviously unable to view the work in the context of when it was made? It's a safe bet plenty of YouBoobers can't imagine Boris Karloff ever having been "scary" either.

EvilNed
13-Nov-2008, 09:33 AM
How exactly is your personal preference relevant to the topic of this thread again?

And since we're off-topic for the moment, I must ask of anyone that has only ever seen the Three Stooges on YouBoob: how does one determine "aging well" when you are so obviously unable to view the work in the context of when it was made? It's a safe bet plenty of YouBoobers can't imagine Boris Karloff ever having been "scary" either.

You can determine "aging" when viewing something that is old and realize that it's quite simply horribly out of date. Just look at Laurel and Hardys silent slapstick films, where every gag is very simple, and then repeated three times, and tell me that it's funny. It's not, nobody today thinks so. Yet back then, it was new and fresh. And my personal preference is relevant to this topic because said personal preference was about The Three Stooges, which just so happens to be what this topic is about.

Or are only people who LIKE the Three Stooges allowed to post in this topic, hmm? Now please, let's stop with the bickering.

MoonSylver
13-Nov-2008, 10:55 PM
You can determine "aging" when viewing something that is old and realize that it's quite simply horribly out of date.

Just IMO, but I don't think just because something is "out of date" doesn't mean it isn't funny. Plus to me their stuff is timeless. It's not exactly like it's topical, headlines related stuff.;) But as said, to each their own! (though it baffles me that anyone could not find them funny!)

But back on topic, what we're talking about is further proof that Hollow-wood is idea bankrupt & ripping off anything they can to make a "new" movie. Next they'll be making "new" Marx Brothers movies, John Wayne, Clark Gable, Marylin Monroe etc...just dress somebody up as your favorite performer, call 'em by that name & you're all set! Heck, let's grab some Elvis impersonators, have 'em lay down some tracks & call it a "new" Elvis record while we're at it!

I can see doing a movie in the STYLE of the Stooges...I wouldn't have a problem with that....heck the Fat Boys did it with "Disorderlys" (which was mildly funny). "Dumb & Dumber" isn't too far off the mark. Older movie called "Brain Donors" which was in the same Stooges or Marx Bros style.

But to actually make a THREE STOOGES (or insert your favorite here), treating them like they were merely CHARACTERS & not real people just doesn't sit well with me. Feels like grave robbing.

clanglee
13-Nov-2008, 11:01 PM
Thing about a sense of humor is. . everyone's is different. Some people like fart jokes, some people like puns, some people like slapstick, some people like "intellectual" humor, some people are into political humor, etc etc etc. Me, I can enjoy all kinds of comedy. But the Stooges are in no way aged. Slapstick (which they were the kings of) is a type of humor that does not ever truly die. Most people's first reaction to someone falling down or getting punched by a chimp, or what have you, is to laugh. It's one of the first things that humans as young children think is funny. It is a base, instinctual comedy. Some people "grow out of it", but I challange anyone that considers themselves too mature for the Stooges, to NOT laugh the next time your friend slips in a cream pie and busts his ass!!

EvilNed
14-Nov-2008, 11:49 AM
Thing about a sense of humor is. . everyone's is different. Some people like fart jokes, some people like puns, some people like slapstick, some people like "intellectual" humor, some people are into political humor, etc etc etc. Me, I can enjoy all kinds of comedy. But the Stooges are in no way aged. Slapstick (which they were the kings of) is a type of humor that does not ever truly die.

While slapstick itself might not age, the way you show it does. For instance, I find the silly over-acting of the stooges ruins the entire comedy. And the guy does the same thing THREE TIMES, when ONCE was enough. The only time you see people doing that today is when they're parodying that very same humour.

Publius
14-Nov-2008, 02:39 PM
And the guy does the same thing THREE TIMES, when ONCE was enough. The only time you see people doing that today is when they're parodying that very same humour.

Actually, they DO do that today: Scary Movie 1, Scary Movie 2, and Scary Movie 3. And then they went on for a fourth time. ;)

EvilNed
14-Nov-2008, 04:01 PM
Actually, they DO do that today: Scary Movie 1, Scary Movie 2, and Scary Movie 3. And then they went on for a fourth time. ;)

Definetly NOT the same thing!

Publius
14-Nov-2008, 04:04 PM
Definetly NOT the same thing!

I know, that was a joke (hence the wink) based on the "three times when once was ENOUGH" idea. :)

MoonSylver
26-Dec-2008, 11:54 PM
Just looked this one up on Youtube foe some one who had never seen it. Classic.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jQ9lQe2YoBs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jQ9lQe2YoBs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Trencher
28-Dec-2008, 03:17 PM
Some of the three stooges stuff is very funny and some of it has not aged very well, but I doubt the Farell brothers will do the franchise any favors.