PDA

View Full Version : Irony...

SymphonicX
09-Nov-2008, 01:04 PM
We have a Rememberance Sunday for all those that perished in wars...and the resounding message seems to be "we must never forget that this happened"...

But each year, each month, and each day that isn't rememberance Sunday, we completely forget to stop waging wars with each other. We forget about the death, destruction, hate, ignorance, fear, and distrust that humanity felt in those dark years and continue to lose sons, fathers, daughters and mothers to exactly the same things which we profess to be "remembering".

If you ask me it's a bit of an insult to those that have died, that we still can't collectively get our acts together to bring peace and solidarity to the world.

Maybe I'm just way too idealogical...or maybe most of the world are hypocrites.

Tricky
09-Nov-2008, 02:57 PM
I dont think its an insult,the people who fought in those previous wars did their duty at the time & brought about the end of that particular conflict.There will always be wars in this world because someone,somewhere always has something to fight for.Unless everybody in the world is brainwashed into having identical beliefs,morals & loyalties then there will always be a place for conflict to start,thats just the way it is...

SymphonicX
09-Nov-2008, 03:02 PM
I dont think its an insult,the people who fought in those previous wars did their duty at the time & brought about the end of that particular conflict.There will always be wars in this world because someone,somewhere always has something to fight for.Unless everybody in the world is brainwashed into having identical beliefs,morals & loyalties then there will always be a place for conflict to start,thats just the way it is...

I agree - conflict doesn't have to resolve itself with war though. Every day there will be conflict...

blind2d
10-Nov-2008, 01:34 AM
Little of both, but you're probably right. Man, humans suck. We have wars all the time, but we never know exactly why.

DubiousComforts
10-Nov-2008, 12:15 PM
We have wars all the time, but we never know exactly why.
Sure, we do: money, greed and power. Don't be brainwashed into believing it's about ideological or political conflict.

blind2d
12-Nov-2008, 02:05 AM
Oh yeah... I don't worry about those things personally, so I sometimes forget that others do... weaklings.