PDA

View Full Version : Family Guy seaseon seven DVD (UK)

Rottedfreak
11-Nov-2008, 05:31 PM
Anyone else pick it up?
Didn't much care for disc one, the second and third episodes in particular were awful but disc two was vastly superior.
I cant believe the stuff they get away with, especially that stab at the Simpsons where Quagmire forces himself on Marge then kills them all (to me it was nasty and not funny), but the Bullfrogs in Ethiopia and suicide bomber in heaven cutaways were awesome.

MinionZombie
11-Nov-2008, 06:05 PM
The newest episodes of FG (airing in USA now) are better than last season. Last season I was officially fed-up of FG, and thought the jokes were just superbly LAME, fortunately they've bucked up their ideas and it's a lot better now - and American Dad is usually quite good as well, the latest episode of that referenced The Warriors, which was kick ass.

As for the whole Simpson's bit you mentioned:

especially that stab at the Simpsons where Quagmire forces himself on Marge then kills them all

When the f*ck did that happen?! :eek:

*edit*

Had a gander on YouTube - ah I see, it's a deleted scene, correct? Really poor quality video on YT though, some teenager filmed it off the telly on a digital camera ... but I see what you mean ... damn! :eek: No wonder it was a deleted scene.

Craig
11-Nov-2008, 08:58 PM
I watched some of the earlier episodes again (from series 1-3) and I was surprised how much better than the later series' I thought they were. They made a lot more sense plot-wise which helps, and while I'm not opposed to the random jokes in Family Guy, some of the ones in the more recent series have been terribly lame and felt really forced. Was this series any better?

On a side-note my brother had the entire series of Futurama and Family Guy series 1-6 on DVD on two consecutive Christmases. Now the discs lay scattered about our room, or shoved in various other cases... such a shame, and waste of money. I find it disgusting really, when people have such a lack of respect for their own property.

Cody
12-Nov-2008, 02:48 AM
I cant believe the stuff they get away with, especially that stab at the Simpsons where Quagmire forces himself on Marge then kills them all (to me it was nasty and not funny),

when did that happen?

Rottedfreak
12-Nov-2008, 08:02 AM
The Simpsons clip happened in the episode 'Movin out' where Brian moves in with his girlfriend and according to wikipedia it was cut out by Fox but appears on other networks.