PDA

View Full Version : My new short, Dead Air

chukrok
11-Nov-2008, 08:12 PM
Hello, everyone. I just wanted to let you know that I've finished my (first) short film, Dead Air. The fine folks here have listed it in the projects by members thread, along with the link to the YouTube file. It's low-res, as the hi-res file was too large, but still viewable I believe. Please take the time to check it out, and I'd love to hear your comments and critiques. Thanks,
Chuck :D

DjfunkmasterG
12-Nov-2008, 12:53 PM
Chuk,

not too bad, one thing I enjoyed was the zombie taking that bite out of the chickies leg, that made me cringe. Nice job on that. Overall, the efoort was good, some tech problems aside, its pretty decent.

You going to send this to Fright Night in Louisville for 2009?

chukrok
12-Nov-2008, 04:18 PM
I've actually already sent it in. I saw Myra & Ken at a zombiefest thing here in Louisville over Halloween weekend. Dead Air played and got a pretty good response. Myra told me that they began getting submissions for Fright Night 09 the week after this year's event ended and to go ahead and submit.

DjfunkmasterG
12-Nov-2008, 05:46 PM
Very cool, so I will probably see you there in 2009. Like I said good work on the short, the bite scene is sweet, you made me cringe, and thats not an easy task. :D

Bub666
13-Nov-2008, 03:20 AM
That was an awesome video.

chukrok
25-Nov-2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

strayrider
29-Nov-2008, 08:14 AM
Great work for an indy film!

I think you might have miscast your actors however. The blonde chick had more of the news reporter "look".

The slaughter in the yard played out very well. I really like the way you had the dude struggling, still alive, as his guts were pulled out. You might have dwelled on this particular scene for a few seconds too long though.

You used your special effects package to good effect.

Visually you could have been more effective with some dramatic lighting.

Some tighter shots of the actors while speaking their parts would have been nice. More head and shoulders shots next time.

Good job!

:D

-stray-