PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Last Supper

Thorn
18-Nov-2008, 02:10 PM
http://www.twistedsiblings.com/gallery/albums/random_pics/zombie_last_supper.jpg

I am not sure what to think of this...

AcesandEights
18-Nov-2008, 02:18 PM
Wow, as an open-minded non-believer, I think that's a bit of an...inconsiderate...piece of art, but I'm sure the people, whose religion is Contrarianism, will love it.

DjfunkmasterG
18-Nov-2008, 02:22 PM
I actually had that as my BG on my monitor at work a few years ago. No one said anything to me about because they know I am into zombie flick, and figure I am just a sick F U C K.

DawnGirl27
18-Nov-2008, 03:39 PM
I like to think of myself as pretty open-minded, but to me even as a zed lover, it's a bit too much. Must be the Lutheran upbringing, I guess, but to each his own. It's a free country...
I do like to see people's interpretations of things like this. Now if only recent and upcoming movie releases had as much creativity and diversity! :sneaky:

EvilNed
18-Nov-2008, 04:02 PM
Haha, I saw the pic and instantly made it my desktop backround. Thanks alot, I love it!

DubiousComforts
18-Nov-2008, 04:04 PM
I don't get it.

bassman
18-Nov-2008, 04:11 PM
Funny.

And after that was all over, he came back and had to be dealt with:

http://www.filmdetail.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/copy-2-of-ghostbusters-v-jesus.jpg

:cool:

dracenstein
18-Nov-2008, 06:55 PM
I liked it!

MaximusIncredulous
18-Nov-2008, 10:55 PM
Well Jesus did say to the disciples, "Take, eat; this is my body." They took it a bit too literally it seems.

EvilNed
18-Nov-2008, 11:27 PM
Well Jesus did say to the disciples, "Take, eat; this is my body." They took it a bit too literally it seems.

While zombies themselves might actually BE metaphors, they certainly don't understand them.

Publius
18-Nov-2008, 11:42 PM
I like to think of myself as pretty open-minded, but to me even as a zed lover, it's a bit too much.

Same here. I personally find it distasteful. But like you said, it's a free country. And some would consider bad taste a big plus when it comes to zed lovers. :p

strayrider
19-Nov-2008, 12:56 AM
Bit of Xtian bashing, eh?

As a Believer, I personally take no offense, though some might. It's nothing I'd go out of my way to look at, but now having seen it, it has had no effect on my faith at all.

The Bible is there for all to use. Some use it for enrichment and spiritual growth; others in an attempt to hurt and offend and, yes, amuse those who are like-minded.

Both are valid uses as far as I'm concerned.

I'm quite sure that this picture would cause an uproar in some Xtian circles, cries for censorship, etc. I doubt anyone with Xtian beliefs who visit this site would agree to something like that.

My interpretation of the work is that the artist is implying that Believers (in this case being represented by the Disciples) are "dead", both in their beliefs and their lives, perhaps, and in their "deadness" they are consuming all that is good and pure (being represented by the screaming Christ).

And speaking of screaming:

DSwG9Tojg9I

:D

-stray-

Bub666
19-Nov-2008, 03:22 AM
That pic was awesome.:D

Philly_SWAT
19-Nov-2008, 05:16 AM
I am not easily offended by anything, and this does not offend me in the least. I could see how some religious types would be offended, however, it is just a drawing.

Trencher
19-Nov-2008, 09:48 AM
Well if you are going to pick on someone its probably very safe to pick on Christians.

DubiousComforts
19-Nov-2008, 06:15 PM
My interpretation of the work is that the artist is implying that Believers (in this case being represented by the Disciples) are "dead", both in their beliefs and their lives, perhaps, and in their "deadness" they are consuming all that is good and pure (being represented by the screaming Christ).
While I got that much, I doubt it was the artist's intention for any meaning much deeper than "paintin' some wicked sh*t" so in that regard, I don't get it.

Yojimbo
19-Nov-2008, 10:23 PM
Well if you are going to pick on someone its probably very safe to pick on Christians.

Safer to pick on the buddhists than Christians.

Billythezombie
23-Nov-2008, 03:10 AM
lol omg i love that pic its hilarious!! yes i am christian but seriously people take things to heart too much! Its just a picture some one has done, i dont think it was supposed to be offensive or make controvery, its just a funny thing, take a joke!!! i Loved it XD

Andy
23-Nov-2008, 01:14 PM

Not on this forum, im a buddhist :elol:

mista_mo
23-Nov-2008, 01:32 PM
everything is entitled to be parodied in some way shape or form....Do I personally take offense? No. However, I can see allot of folks being offended at this picture, and I really cannot blame them, as it is taking the figurehead of the christian religion and having eaten by the zombie apostles.

The original is an iconic work of art however, and is extremely well known...it is just begging to be parodied.

Still a neat picture at any rate, if a tad sacrilegious. but as stray said, it won't really change the way i look at the faith, as it is simply a man made picture.

But I guess that's why we are given the choice to look at it, or ignore it.

*edit*

And Andy is a mean bastard, best not to trifle with him.

crazydave
24-Nov-2008, 02:35 AM
the image is really nicely done, and it also has that potential to really mess with some people of the square persuasion. Nuckin Futs!!!

Publius
24-Nov-2008, 05:10 PM

Come on, what cool martial arts have Christians come up with? Would you rather start something in a Catholic monastery or a Shaolin temple? ;)

EvilNed
24-Nov-2008, 07:23 PM
Come on, what cool martial arts have Christians come up with? Would you rather start something in a Catholic monastery or a Shaolin temple? ;)

Ever hear of the conquistadores..?

Publius
24-Nov-2008, 08:09 PM
Ever hear of the conquistadores..?

Yep. I was kidding, hence the wink. Christianity's history does have its bloody pages, like that of every other major religion. And irreligion, too.

Thorn
24-Nov-2008, 08:33 PM
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

lullubelle
24-Nov-2008, 10:18 PM
Wow, as an open-minded non-believer, I think that's a bit of an...inconsiderate...piece of art, but I'm sure the people, whose religion is Contrarianism, will love it.

Well I have to agree with you, some people will go balistic, I am a believer but not a fanatic, if you know what I mean? and pride myself in letting everybody have thier own believes as long as they dont impose them on me, but a lot of people would indeed get offended by this pictue, I just say hey "Whatever floats your boat" If you know what I mean? :elol:

Haha, I saw the pic and instantly made it my desktop backround. Thanks alot, I love it!

Hey buddie, Where did you see and where can I get it, help a girl out :elol:

ProfessorChaos
24-Nov-2008, 10:51 PM
there's a story in "book of the dead 2: still dead" about a guy (who may or may not be, it never tells) named jesus locked in a mental home during the rising of the dead, an event that his "Father" predicted. the ending of that story goes really well with this picture.

Yojimbo
25-Nov-2008, 12:24 AM
Not on this forum, im a buddhist :elol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
You're not alone Andy!

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Good reference, Thorn. Litterally LOL'd and heard that musical sting in my mind when I read that. :)

Touche, Publius-san!