PDA

View Full Version : one of most digusting things...

Mike70
18-Nov-2008, 03:41 PM
i've ever seen. some fooking idiot, who ought to be whipped through the streets and then pilloried, taped toddlers in his home fighting with one another. there are older children and adults standing around and encouraging the two to fight. one little boy has clearly had enough and man, his cries are not easy to watch/listen to. he keeps looking at the adult obviously in the hope that he will stop what is going on.

some people have absolutely no business being parents.

warning: if you have children this age like i do, this is not going to be an easy thing to watch.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6508872

bassman
18-Nov-2008, 04:03 PM
:eek:My kid isn't even walking and that disturbs me.

That's f*cked up to do that to little boys. Now if they were older it might be a different story. My buddy has two boys that are 9 and 10. One day they got into an argument by themselves so they started really fighting. My friend said "just let em go. They'll get it out of their system." We ended up watching them go at it until they both kinda stopped and then started throwing a football.:lol:

AcesandEights
18-Nov-2008, 04:11 PM
Sends the wrong message to those kids. Sure, conflict and, to a somewhat lesser extent, fighting is a part of life, but to encourage it as a means to resolve conflict at such an age and then to have the kid looking for adults to stop the fight and the adults not intercede is going to mind f*ck that kid.

Kids having a fight is normal and not that big a deal, but to encourage toddlers to do it is woefully amoral and irresponsible.

Publius
18-Nov-2008, 09:41 PM
Pretty bad parenting, clearly. Makes me wonder how bad the mom was for the dad to have had custody in the first place. Usually mothers have a better shot at custody, especially with kids that young.

axlish
18-Nov-2008, 11:30 PM
Isn't it strange how violence begets violence? I despise this guys acts of violence so much that I want to beat the **** out of him.

MoonSylver
19-Nov-2008, 12:54 AM
Isn't it strange how violence begets violence? I despise this guys acts of violence so much that I want to beat the **** out of him.

Real old testament, wrath of god, eye-for-a-eye style punishment would be a strong deterrent for most of the sick crap I keep seeing show up on here IMO.

Draconian? You bet. Most of my theories on how things should be are rather draconian in nature. The word has a lovely sound to it...it just ROLLS off the tongue...."draconian"...:evil:

strayrider
19-Nov-2008, 02:57 AM
Sends the wrong message to those kids. Sure, conflict and, to a somewhat lesser extent, fighting is a part of life, but to encourage it as a means to resolve conflict at such an age and then to have the kid looking for adults to stop the fight and the adults not intercede is going to mind f*ck that kid.

Kids having a fight is normal and not that big a deal, but to encourage toddlers to do it is woefully amoral and irresponsible.

I honestly don't know what to think about all of this. It is by no means the most disgusting thing I have ever seen, not by a long shot, but I just don't know.

I showed the (original) video to my wife, who at one time was a Montessori teacher, and she didn't think it was "over the top" in an abusive sort of way. She believes that the father (in his own clumsy way) was trying to teach the children that fighting was wrong by letting them "have it out".

I also didn't see the father forcing them to fight. He seemed (again in a clumsy way) to be trying to teach them that it is okay to fight back when you are attacked ... which is a good thing ... my problem being that he was allowing the boys to shove each other around sharp edged counter-tops, etc.

I also noticed that the Marxist media has edited the video since I first viewed it, showing only the parts that they want you to see, so that they can spin this story any way they wish ... forget what really happened here ... the talking heads will tell you what to believe ...

-stray-

Bub666
19-Nov-2008, 03:21 AM
That video was completely disgusting.

Trencher
19-Nov-2008, 07:08 AM
I dont trust this video it was cut up and repasted and things were shown with commentary that could be an false indication of whats going on. And if the mother did not have custody to begin with she aint trustworthy. They say they fought for two minutes but we saw the same 25 secounds pasted over and over again. But on second thought he DID film AND posted it on youtuble so he must be an complete and utter idiot. The state should take the kids.

Publius
19-Nov-2008, 03:29 PM
I showed the (original) video to my wife, who at one time was a Montessori teacher, and she didn't think it was "over the top" in an abusive sort of way. She believes that the father (in his own clumsy way) was trying to teach the children that fighting was wrong by letting them "have it out".

I also didn't see the father forcing them to fight. He seemed (again in a clumsy way) to be trying to teach them that it is okay to fight back when you are attacked ... which is a good thing ... my problem being that he was allowing the boys to shove each other around sharp edged counter-tops, etc.

I partly agree. I imagine the father was trying to teach a lesson like you're saying. As a soldier (and apparently SF) he probably is a graduate and proud alumnus of the School of Hard Knocks. But: 1) It's irresponsible to teach the children that fighting is wrong by letting them have it out if only one wants to fight, that just lets one beat up on the other. 2) Teaching that it's okay to fight back makes sense but he seems to have let it go on for too long, and the kids may have been too young for that kind of a lesson. I don't think it's as evil as some of the posters here do. The worst thing the dad did was probably thinking that this was appropriate to video and post on YouTube. The point you and Trencher make about editing making it difficult to really put what we see in context is valid too.

MikePizzoff
19-Nov-2008, 09:26 PM
The kids need a new home/guardian. Plain and simple.

Yojimbo
19-Nov-2008, 09:33 PM
Good point. I too experienced violent impulses towards those idiots.

blind2d
19-Nov-2008, 11:07 PM
Oh well, humans are stupid and often evil. Life goes on... I mean, sure it's messed up, and I'm not trying to be insensitive or anything, but there are far worse things happening in the world every day.

Neil
20-Nov-2008, 10:35 AM
I think I'll give it a miss... And not watched it...

A couple of years ago there was a video of a guy scaring a 5-6 year old boy. The kid was obviously unhappy and crying. The guy video'd himself doing it, and at the end of the video the boy was just standing there very upset...

So unsettled by the fact this guy took so much pleasure in tormenting a young child, and that he'd video himself doing it, and wondering what else he'd do but not video... I contacted a few agencies in the US about. Never had one reply...

Here is the clip I think (I'm not sure as I won't make myself watch it again)... How is this the slightest bit funny :(

n_JM3N_ddNw

Exatreides
20-Nov-2008, 05:32 PM
Please I had 5 sisters and was tormented demonically by them all the time. So I do that sort of thing to my nephews all the time, they love it. No kid deserves nothing but sugar coated lollipops and candy drops and a ticket to candy mountain when they are that young.