PDA

View Full Version : Somehow, I'm having a real hard time feeling sorry for this lady

Publius
19-Nov-2008, 04:28 PM
Oregon Woman Loses $400,000 to Nigerian E-Mail Scam (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,453125,00.html)

"Her family and bank officials told her it was all a scam, she said, and begged her to stop, but she persisted because she became obsessed with getting paid."

Four hundred thousand dollars??

Skippy911sc
19-Nov-2008, 05:13 PM
I find comfort in knowing I am not the only one taken by this type of con. ;)

Just kidding...doesn't this woman have a television??? Well I gues not anymore but before she game them all her money.

They have news programs just on this type of scam!

I feel bad for her.

SymphonicX
19-Nov-2008, 05:28 PM
"The hope is [other people] are not going to fall as hard as I fell," Spears said."

No....the hope is Dawinism takes hold and you fall down a very deep ****ing hole.
Twat.

bassman
19-Nov-2008, 05:31 PM
No....the hope is Dawinism takes hold and you fall down a very deep ****ing hole.
Twat.

That seems a bit harsh, but she's definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed...

Publius
19-Nov-2008, 05:36 PM
Her explanation, according to the article:

Spears told KATU-TV about the scammers' ability to identify her relative by name was persuasive.

"That's what got me to believe it," She said. "So, why wouldn't you send over $100?"

Yeah, sending $100 I can understand. At least from someone who isn't too bright, or doesn't follow the news, or isn't thinking clearly. It's repeating that mistake another 3,999 times, while being warned by everyone and their brother about the existence of these scams, that boggles the mind.

SymphonicX
19-Nov-2008, 06:02 PM
That seems a bit harsh, but she's definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed...

Do you know what I'd do for 400 grand?! :D A lot...well...almost a lot...there are limits...I can't think of any right now but giving it to a blatant scammer isn't a great idea...and to think there are people out there starving, dying, and living really ****ty lives, and she goes and pisses all those finances away....she definitely deserves a broken leg...or worse....

DubiousComforts
19-Nov-2008, 06:20 PM
and to think there are people out there starving, dying, and living really ****ty lives, and she goes and pisses all those finances away....she definitely deserves a broken leg...or worse....
Wow, and what do the scammers deserve?

slickwilly13
19-Nov-2008, 06:24 PM
Someone is living like a king in Nigeria after a big payoff like that. I feel sorry for her husband. For marrying a dumbass and she is fugly as sin.

SymphonicX
19-Nov-2008, 06:29 PM
Wow, and what do the scammers deserve?

Hmm...good question....death?

One point that I can make in her favour is that she probably got what she deserved...she had 400 grand in assets that she pissed away because she got greedy and blindsided by the prospect of 20.5 million...she deserves it, it's the husband's retirement I feel sorry for...poor guy, and to think he has to live the rest of his days with that dozy c*nt too....

DubiousComforts
19-Nov-2008, 06:39 PM
Hmm...good question....death?
It's a good thing there are folks like you dishing out the harsh justice as a deterrent, or there might actually be scammers trying to take advantage of us simple dopes.

Wait a sec...

Yojimbo
19-Nov-2008, 09:58 PM
Surely, this lady isn't very bright, but it still is a sad story. And even more tragic is that these scammers can pretty much operate with impunity since Law Enforcement (secret service, FBI and interpol) never do anything about any of these scams.

There are groups of folks online who have assembled to "scam the scammers" (that is, cause the 419 folks to waste their time) and some of their stories are quite hilarious. For a laugh, check out the website of one of these groups.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/

and a particualr thread that is close to my heart:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=149326

Publius
19-Nov-2008, 10:01 PM
It's a good thing there are folks like you dishing out the harsh justice as a deterrent, or there might actually be scammers trying to take advantage of us simple dopes.

Wait a sec...

Of course, folks like him aren't in charge of punishing these scammers.

Mike70
19-Nov-2008, 10:13 PM
hold on a second - people still fall for this scam? wow. that in and of itself is almost unbelievable. her husband should've put a lo-jack on his retirement account. poor guy, being married to the village idiot cannot be an easy way to live.

SymphonicX
20-Nov-2008, 08:03 PM

Wait a sec...

hahahahaha wicked :D

MikePizzoff
20-Nov-2008, 09:42 PM
(searches for e-mail adresses of people with same last name)