PDA

View Full Version : Ebay question - What if the winner doesn't pay?

Neil
20-Nov-2008, 10:28 AM
What are you suppose to do if the winner just doesn't pay for an item?

axlish
20-Nov-2008, 01:08 PM
File a grievance with eBay. Now that you can't leave negative feedback for a bidder, that is about the best you can do.

There is also the option of giving the 2nd highest bidder a 2nd chance option to buy the item.

I imagine if you file a grievance and go through the motions, at the very least you could relist it at no cost.

Neil
20-Nov-2008, 02:16 PM
File a grievance with eBay. Now that you can't leave negative feedback for a bidder, that is about the best you can do.

There is also the option of giving the 2nd highest bidder a 2nd chance option to buy the item.

I imagine if you file a grievance and go through the motions, at the very least you could relist it at no cost.

Phew! They just paid :)

SymphonicX
20-Nov-2008, 02:51 PM
I once bid on a 98p item - it was a beautiful wooden bongo with a red dragon carved into it....got the invoice through and it was:

Bongo: 98p
Postage: £220!

So...I didn't pay for that...and never got bad feedback (was years ago)

Neil
20-Nov-2008, 03:29 PM
I once bid on a 98p item - it was a beautiful wooden bongo with a red dragon carved into it....got the invoice through and it was:

Bongo: 98p
Postage: £220!

So...I didn't pay for that...and never got bad feedback (was years ago)

Wasn't the (real) postage listed for the item?

SymphonicX
20-Nov-2008, 04:17 PM
nope, item was devoid it of but it was in China, I was expecting 30 quid at worst!!

Chic Freak
22-Nov-2008, 11:59 AM
If the winner doesn't pay you have to make a second chance offer (assuming there was more than one bidder) but often at that point the person who came in second has gone off the idea of buying it anyway, so you just have to re-list the item and leave the non-paying bidder negative feedback. It's useless trying to make someone pay who just isn't going to. Luckily it doesn't happen all that often.