PDA

View Full Version : The Crazies remake has a lead!

Neil
21-Nov-2008, 02:31 PM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39194

AcesandEights
21-Nov-2008, 02:59 PM
Hmmm...I always liked Olyphant's intensity. Was he crap in Hitman, though? I haven't had an interest in seeing that yet...

Hmmm...one of the writers is the same guy who wrote script for The Pulse. I haven't gotten around to seeing that yet.

And Breck Eisner? Meh.

Plot Synopsis:

The story revolves around the inhabitants of a small Kansas town who are beset by death and insanity after a plane crash lets loose a secret biological weapon into the water supply. Olyphant is playing the town's sheriff.

Well, no matter what I will check out this film.

MinionZombie
21-Nov-2008, 03:57 PM
Hitman was f*cking abominable, Olyphant couldn't have done anything with it anyway, not least because he didn't look the part at all.

I do enjoy Olyphant's work though, but ugh, for f*ck sake, stop remaking GAR's flicks already! It's f*cking stupid, it's just pure rape.

bassman
21-Nov-2008, 04:31 PM
I prefer Olyphant's more comedic roles. Everytime I see him I think of Go and The Girl Next Door.

I'll probably end up seeing this remake...but i'm nowhere near excited for it.

MinionZombie
21-Nov-2008, 08:30 PM
I prefer Olyphant's more comedic roles. Everytime I see him I think of Go and The Girl Next Door.

I'll probably end up seeing this remake...but i'm nowhere near excited for it.
Ditto on all counts.

Although I'm expecting a fair volume of gash from this remake ... yet ... another ... remake.

:bored:

chuckroast
22-Nov-2008, 02:30 AM
I read this today. I actually came here to post this info.
Glad to see Neil caught this first.

bassman
19-Feb-2009, 05:46 PM
POSTER (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/15346)

MinionZombie
19-Feb-2009, 06:02 PM
Speaking of Bloody Disgusting - you know what's bloody disgusting - the amount of people on that website that cheer like mindless chimps for every single remake that gets announced (which is a preposterous amount - everytime I got to BD, I come away saddened because I've seen a handful of new remake announcements).

The poster does rock though ... the poster ... but then it's hard to fuck up making a gas mask look lame, gas masks just always look badass ... as does combining black & white & red.

I don't like the font either - it should be something more military-related.

If only the people pumping cash into these GAR remakes would just give the man himself some fucking cash, I mean come on!

The original Crazies rocked ... methinks the remake will look flashy, but probably be nothing more than that. Remakes only surpass the original in exceptionally rare circumstances (i.e. John Carpenter's "The Thing" - which is apparently going to get some lame-wad penis-punching prequel ... ugh ... FUCK OFF!!!) :rant::mad::rant:

MoonSylver
19-Feb-2009, 06:35 PM
Remakes only surpass the original in exceptionally rare circumstances (i.e. John Carpenter's "The Thing" - which is apparently going to get some lame-wad penis-punching prequel ... ugh ... FUCK OFF!!!) :rant::mad::rant:

I heard this too...can't think of ONE movie that needs a prequel or remake LESS than this masterpiece....:annoyed:

MinionZombie
20-Feb-2009, 10:26 AM
I heard this too...can't think of ONE movie that needs a prequel or remake LESS than this masterpiece....:annoyed:
Exactly, it's like I always say - if you're gonna remake, remake something rubbish - that way you can actually improve on what came before.

You'll never improve on the originals with remakes such as Yawn, or The Fog, or whatever.

Some produce something decent, but never anything that beats the original.

For me, the only one that was equal to the original was The Hills Have Eyes 2006 ... but the follow-up to the remake was absolutely dreadful beyond belief. But then again, I'm not a huge fan of the original Hills either - I like it, but it's flawed.

Has anyone seen the teaser/trailer for the Last House remake? Oh my god ... what a pile of penis-punching eye rape, right there.

krakenslayer
20-Feb-2009, 10:56 AM
Exactly, it's like I always say - if you're gonna remake, remake something rubbish - that way you can actually improve on what came before.

You'll never improve on the originals with remakes such as Yawn, or The Fog, or whatever.

Some produce something decent, but never anything that beats the original.

For me, the only one that was equal to the original was The Hills Have Eyes 2006 ... but the follow-up to the remake was absolutely dreadful beyond belief. But then again, I'm not a huge fan of the original Hills either - I like it, but it's flawed.

I agree in general, but I would add that there were several remakes made back before this recent big boom in "reimaginings" that were as good as or better than the originals. For example The Thing.

MinionZombie
20-Feb-2009, 05:38 PM
Well the thing with The Thing, is that it went back to the original source material - and produced something very different from the original film (which I rather enjoyed as well), and also - there was some fucking talent behind it.

Carpenter and Russell in their best days, working together, creating several buckets of pure win-flavoured awesome.

There are a handful of remakes that I've dug - such as TCM2003 (the follow up was bland) and Halloween 2007 (which had some flaws) ... but neither of them sniffed anywhere near the quality of the original films.

What's more, with these remakes, you can't remake the success of the original films - you can't release these remakes into theatres (and drive-ins) like they did back in the day. These remakes come onto DVD and rental in pristine quality packed with extra features, there's no word of mouth about them, and they haven't got the 20 or 30 years (or more) of fan following and cultural impact.

Ergo - remakes at 95% retarded.

It's the lucky few, which are backed up by talent and something new to say or do, that make it (i.e. The Thing - but again - it wasn't entirely a remake, as it returned to the source material and made that movie, rather than exactly what the original movie was like - e.g. big dude in a suit).