PDA

View Full Version : Kid commits suicide on a message board I frequent.

Purge
22-Nov-2008, 12:48 AM
I'm an avid lifter, and this young man killed himself on Bodybuilding.com. Creepy.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2008/11/strange-record.html

:|:eek:

strayrider
22-Nov-2008, 02:32 AM
Did you know this guy?

I understand the "creep out" factor when it comes to stuff like this. On the old Rise of the Dead forums we had a similar thing happen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Weise

In the External Links section there is still a link to BobTurkee's site.

What really disturbs me is that this Weise character IMed me a few times during the wee hours of the AM. I still wonder, that if I knew what he was planning, could I have possibly talked him out of it? Just creepy ...

-stray-

Purge
22-Nov-2008, 02:40 AM
I didn't know him, but several people who were watching it egged him on and told him to take more pills. :annoyed::barf:

Bub666
22-Nov-2008, 02:48 AM
That is so sad.

strayrider
22-Nov-2008, 02:49 AM
That is just messed up ...

-stray-

sandrock74
22-Nov-2008, 02:51 AM
Ultimately, its all the fault of the guy who killed himself. He made the decision and carried out the act. Everyone knows you shouldn't do what people online tell you to do.

strayrider
22-Nov-2008, 03:19 AM
Ultimately, its all the fault of the guy who killed himself. He made the decision and carried out the act. Everyone knows you shouldn't do what people online tell you to do.

Fully his responsibility ... no one is to blame for his death but himself.

What we are commenting on here is the morbidity of those who watched.

-stray-

Mutineer
22-Nov-2008, 07:41 AM
That is so sad.

i agree :(

Tricky
22-Nov-2008, 09:26 AM
dude clearly had issues!:eek:

RustyHicks
22-Nov-2008, 04:32 PM
Fully his responsibility ... no one is to blame for his death but himself.

What we are commenting on here is the morbidity of those who watched.

-stray-

Agreed. It is a sad story though

Trencher
23-Nov-2008, 10:41 AM
I dont agree! Those who egged him on were in conspiracy to commit the crime! Put them in jail or insane asylum where those psychos belong!

Tricky
23-Nov-2008, 11:40 AM
What was actually wrong with him anyway?it showed a few pictures of him on the UK news,one of which was in a marines uniform,had he had a bad time in iraq or something?:confused:

mista_mo
23-Nov-2008, 01:40 PM
What was his state of mind? by this i mean did he have a previous history of depression?

It seems that a lot of you are forgetting the power of suggestion, especially when it is affecting the mind of a depressed (I use the term meaning clinical depression, IE he has been diagnosed with it and took medication in an effort to combat it in the past) individual.

crazydave
24-Nov-2008, 02:54 AM
as technology is further and further integrated into our everymoment lives events such as this become inevitable, but the fact remains that this person would have probably offed eirself regardless of wheather or not e had an net camera.

blind2d
24-Nov-2008, 02:57 AM
possibly, but still very sad.

Danny
24-Nov-2008, 03:04 AM
Did you know this guy?

I understand the "creep out" factor when it comes to stuff like this. On the old Rise of the Dead forums we had a similar thing happen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Weise

In the External Links section there is still a link to BobTurkee's site.

What really disturbs me is that this Weise character IMed me a few times during the wee hours of the AM. I still wonder, that if I knew what he was planning, could I have possibly talked him out of it? Just creepy ...

-stray-

thats that blades guy right?, damn thats creepy, but a guy at my work turned out to be a member of a nazi skinhead gang so you never really know a person all the way.

Trencher
24-Nov-2008, 12:07 PM
Why do you bother to make exuses for the scumbags that egged him on? It seems very important to some to quickly heap all resposibility for this onto the on the one guy who can not answer for himself. No wonder your country is crime sentral.

AcesandEights
24-Nov-2008, 02:57 PM
Why do you bother to make [sic] exuses for the scumbags that egged him on? It seems very important to some to quickly heap all [sic] resposibility for this onto the on the one guy who can not answer for himself. No wonder your country is crime [sic] sentral.

Just as it is, apparently, important for others to play nanny and say people aren't responsible for their own actions.

I guess there's always someone else to blame, though, right? And why not pass laws and prosecute people for being assholes and criminally responsible for making other people feel bad. < Insert Nationalistic, blanket-statement, "Nanny State" cheap shot Here >

Trencher
24-Nov-2008, 03:32 PM
The guy who killed himself are off course responsible for his own actions, but there is plenty of blame to go around.