PDA

View Full Version : The next time you hear Obama talk...

axlish
22-Nov-2008, 03:03 PM
close your eyes and just listen to his voice. HE SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE DUANE JONES! I'm talking vocal tones, range, style, everything. It is uncanny!

EvilNed
22-Nov-2008, 03:39 PM
That explains that Anti-Basement Act he's proposed!

ProfessorChaos
22-Nov-2008, 07:34 PM
many times throughout this election i thought that obama and mccain reminded me of ben and harry from night of the living dead. funny you should say that.

acealive1
23-Nov-2008, 03:53 AM
i thought he sounded like the rock.

Trencher
23-Nov-2008, 11:06 AM
Obama migth sound a little like Duane Jones if Jones voice became atonal and more whiny. Obama sounds like a ten year old compared to Duane Jones iconic line of "I can handle him!".

blind2d
24-Nov-2008, 03:07 AM
Now that you mention it... the basement is a very Republican ideal. Think about it... down in the dark, but secure from the outside... while your daughter kills and eats you.

Trencher
24-Nov-2008, 12:10 PM
Have you guys even seen the movie?
You seem to forget then that even though Harry was a coward and Ben was the hero one of the points of the movie was that Harry was right.

MikePizzoff
24-Nov-2008, 02:27 PM
i thought he sounded like the rock.

"Can you smell what I'm cookin, America?" - Obama

EvilNed
24-Nov-2008, 03:15 PM
Have you guys even seen the movie?
You seem to forget then that even though Harry was a coward and Ben was the hero one of the points of the movie was that Harry was right.

Well, actually, whoever came up with the idea about the truck was right. Ben's plan wasn't faulty, but them splitting up was.

Ben's plan was more reasonable than Harry's, since Ben's plan incorporated Harry's plan. Using the cellar as a fall back zone.

Trencher
24-Nov-2008, 03:31 PM
Well, actually, whoever came up with the idea about the truck was right. Ben's plan wasn't faulty, but them splitting up was.

Ben's plan was more reasonable than Harry's, since Ben's plan incorporated Harry's plan. Using the cellar as a fall back zone.
You cant blame the splitting up for the failure of the plan, when that is just one of the myriad of things that could go wrong, with such a dangerous stunt. Harrys plan was to go into the cellar right away, if they had done that they would have survived. It was a cruical point of the movie that the cowardly bastard was right about the situation and the brave hero was wrong.

Publius
24-Nov-2008, 04:46 PM
Now that you mention it... the basement is a very Republican ideal. Think about it... down in the dark, but secure from the outside... while your daughter kills and eats you.

Yeah, but the thing is, Republican basements look like this:

http://www.stampede-entertainment.com/tremors3/guns-l.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/425D9D26F061378/standard.jpg
http://www.websophist.com/Tremors_06MO.jpg

:D

DubiousComforts
24-Nov-2008, 05:19 PM
Harrys plan was to go into the cellar right away, if they had done that they would have survived. It was a cruical point of the movie that the cowardly bastard was right about the situation and the brave hero was wrong.
Harry was only right about the cellar door holding out, which can entirely be chalked up to dumb luck. There was nothing to suggest that that door was any stronger or better secured than all the other doors in the farmhouse.

Harry was wrong about the cellar in that Karen would have turned no matter which course of action they had taken. Ben warned about this twice. If Karen had died and reanimated while everyone was locked in the small confines of the basement, it would have been total chaos and indeed the "death trap" that Ben described.

Regardless, there was nothing stopping Harry from going into the cellar "right away." If he was sure of that plan, he should have stuck with it, but it seems like he was wrong in that area, as well.

I often thought the Presidential debates were much like Ben and Harry's arguments in NOLD with Tom Brokaw playing the part of peacemaker Tom. I was surprised that nobody thought to dub in the movie's dialogue and upload it to YouTube.

lullubelle
24-Nov-2008, 11:04 PM
many times throughout this election i thought that obama and mccain reminded me of ben and harry from night of the living dead. Funny you should say that.

lmao !!!!!!!

Trencher
24-Nov-2008, 11:55 PM
Harry was only right about the cellar door holding out, which can entirely be chalked up to dumb luck. There was nothing to suggest that that door was any stronger or better secured than all the other doors in the farmhouse. I disagree, there was ample visible evidence for the barricades being very flimsy and the door being very solid, I dont think this was because the movie was cheap but because it was a concious decison by the director.

Harry was wrong about the cellar in that Karen would have turned no matter which course of action they had taken. Ben warned about this twice. If Karen had died and reanimated while everyone was locked in the small confines of the basement, it would have been total chaos and indeed the "death trap" that Ben described.
They might just as well have been able to restrain her withouth trouble, I dont think Harry would have taken any chances and Ben would have no trouble even if the whole bunch turned.

Harry had to stay upstair not ony because he was a control freak but because the very real possiblity that Ben and company would try to break through the door when the zombies attacked. And the humans would easily open the door.

ProfessorChaos
25-Nov-2008, 02:26 AM
it's awesome how all of the sudden this turned into a NOTLD ben vs. harry thread.:D

mccain's voice at times reminded me of harry, in addition to obabma/ben. that's a great idea about splicing audio from notld68 into presidential debate footage. but what about presidential debate footage audio being laid over the night of the living dead film? somebody seriously ought to do this...if i was talented enough i would.

Trencher
25-Nov-2008, 02:39 AM
Comparing Ben to Obama is the same as comparing Nugatti to Peanutbutter just because they are both brown dont make it the same.

Mutineer
25-Nov-2008, 06:02 PM
Sorry; double posted :P

Mutineer
25-Nov-2008, 06:02 PM
It's funny in thinking about Night

Every character was a dumbass. Ben, Harry, all of the above. This is what happens when you put a bunch of dumb****s in a bad situation.

Ben was too concerned with being the BOSS and Harry had a legit point in being pissed off at them coming in and screwing everything up.

Those are the last people I'd want to be around during this crisis. IN fact, in the 3 Dead films (Part 4 doesn't exist in my word; it's like the new Star Wars films) I can name the following characters who I could stand being around

Day of the Dead's Sara

and

Dawn's Flyboy (Sorry, Ken's character was too arrogant and bravado'd for my tastes. I prefer level headedness.

blind2d
26-Nov-2008, 02:55 AM
But Flyboy was a wimp who couldn't shoot the broad side of a barn! He's useless, besides being able to fly the whirlybird! also, he's lame. anyway, i like the four (yes, ALL four) from Dawn, and the three island-survivors from Day.