PDA

View Full Version : Incase you missed it yesterday, Lee Karr gives us a treat again...

Neil
24-Nov-2008, 08:14 AM
http://www.homepageofthedead.com/baps/question_setvisit.html

clanglee
24-Nov-2008, 10:08 AM
very interesting. .thanks.

Griff
24-Nov-2008, 11:24 AM
Outstanding! Finally some solid info on ...OF THE DEAD and via Homepage of the Dead, no less. Good work, Lee and Neil!

P.S. Who stole George's glasses?!

bassman
24-Nov-2008, 12:02 PM

:lol:

It's weird seeing him without them, isn't it?

Good set report. Thanks guys.

Neil
24-Nov-2008, 12:10 PM
Outstanding! Finally some solid info on ...OF THE DEAD and via Homepage of the Dead, no less. Good work, Lee and Neil!

I suspect he has to take them off while shooting... Can you imagine trying to act all serious while being attacked by zombies, when there's a guy 5ft to your right with a pair lenses from the hubble space telescope on his face?!

thxleo
24-Nov-2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks for getting my report posted so quickly Neil. Hope everyone finds it interesting!

Neil
24-Nov-2008, 01:35 PM
Thanks for getting my report posted so quickly Neil. Hope everyone finds it interesting!

I think I can speak for all of us when I say we all absolutely hate you!!! :)

ps: What was your favourite part of the day?

thxleo
24-Nov-2008, 01:51 PM
I think I can speak for all of us when I say we all absolutely hate you!!! :)

ps: What was your favourite part of the day?

That's a good question. I can't really single out anything at the moment. I know that when George came outside and was just hanging out next to us, that was very cool. The entire evening was great and like I said in the report, I really was happy that Renee was able to experience it with me.
One interesting little note that I didn't mention in the report was that George got a little pissed off right before lunch break because a window on the armored truck was not breaking as easily as it should. He also was a little annoyed with one of the zombie extras, who is standing behind me in the film slate photograph, because the extra was not throwing his head back as violently as George wanted when he is "shot".
BTW, hope everyone had the chance to read my interview with Paul Gagne too. Sorry Neil for the shameless plug there. ;)

AcesandEights
24-Nov-2008, 08:08 PM
Wow! What a nice, in-depth, behind-the-scenes interview! And a hearty length, too! And pictures! Well done :) You might want to edit the text for all those weres to read "we're", but that's it and I'll stop being so picky now..

Hmmm, lots of info, with--for me--mixed news. Definitely some more encouraging stuff and a little less encouraging news.

And what about a distributor? "Let's not talk about that. The approach to how we sell the film, I don't think anyone really cares about that. That's sort of inside the business stuff. We have a plan, let's just say that."
Hrmm...

"My opinion is that this one is kind of the happy intersection of both of those - because Land was bigger, it had big production value, but it still was not able to utilize George's independent roots the way Diary did. This one isn't made by a studio. He's still doing it completely independent with full creative control exactly the way he wants to do it, but on a bigger scale and with much more of a formal narrative structure with the kind of big production value that Land had. Kind of the best of both worlds."
Let's hope so! :thumbsup:

We've got our main protagonists who are awol national guardsmen, so they are in uniform, and the characters that they run into on Plum Island are a little bit stuck in time. They live on a small island off the coast and their community really hasn't kept up with the times, so the look on the island is a little bit sort of timeless, if you will. Therefore we're able to get some of those iconic western style vibes."

Okay, if handled correctly, this sounds like it could be badassed! Twilight 2000 meets Dawn meets...Ummm...a better version of the Western-themed zombie films we've seen the last few years. Yeah, it'll really probably just be it's own unique beast, which'd be great. Just so long as the script and acting is better than Diary!

Well, this is the most hopeful I've been about this project and with principal photography done, I guess that's a damn good thing :)

Neil
24-Nov-2008, 09:48 PM
That's a good question. I can't really single out anything at the moment. I know that when George came outside and was just hanging out next to us, that was very cool. The entire evening was great and like I said in the report, I really was happy that Renee was able to experience it with me.
One interesting little note that I didn't mention in the report was that George got a little pissed off right before lunch break because a window on the armored truck was not breaking as easily as it should. He also was a little annoyed with one of the zombie extras, who is standing behind me in the film slate photograph, because the extra was not throwing his head back as violently as George wanted when he is "shot".
BTW, hope everyone had the chance to read my interview with Paul Gagne too. Sorry Neil for the shameless plug there. ;)

Romero? Angry? Without a smile on his face? I don't believe a word of it :)

Publius
25-Nov-2008, 12:10 AM
Awesome report, thx, thanks for sharing! The intel you were able to collect sounds quite promising.

Yojimbo
25-Nov-2008, 12:43 AM
thxleo, I have said it before and I will say it again: You are a frigging rockstar as far as I am concerned. Thanks for this very cool report in addition to the others. I envy you, but still think you rule!

3pidemiC
25-Nov-2008, 01:02 AM
Dammit. I wanted to read this now, but I am on my lunch and I guess I'll have to wait till I get home. Thanks for the post though.

thxleo
25-Nov-2008, 02:40 AM
Thank you to everyone for your posts. The kind words are very much appreciated.
BTW, I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the opportunity to interview George. Hopefully Karen does not forget! If I'm lucky enough for that to happen I plan on asking everyone here what they want to ask George. So let's hope it works out.

3pidemiC
25-Nov-2008, 07:43 AM
Just read it. I'm definately keeping my hopes up for this one.

Thorn
25-Nov-2008, 04:50 PM
Thanks for pointing out the interview and putting it up Neil, and thanks for putting in the hard work to get it. It looks liek a great trip you had there Lee, you got a lot of great information and some nice shots.

I am really excited and hopeful now, more so than before even. I know anyone associated with a project is going to hype it but I was getting the impression based on their words they buy into it as well and that says a lot.

Neil
25-Nov-2008, 05:20 PM
Thanks for pointing out the interview and putting it up Neil, and thanks for putting in the hard work to get it. It looks liek a great trip you had there Lee, you got a lot of great information and some nice shots.

I am really excited and hopeful now, more so than before even. I know anyone associated with a project is going to hype it but I was getting the impression based on their words they buy into it as well and that says a lot.

Hey! I just put it on the site, Lee did the real leg work!

krakenslayer
25-Nov-2008, 08:05 PM
SPOILERS

Sounds awesome!!

My only concern is the idea of zombies eating a horse. Doesn't that conflict quite strongly with what has gone before? Sure, one zombie took an experimental bite of a bug in Night, but we've never seen them actively feast on anything other than HUMAN flesh. Dr. Millard Rauche states in Dawn that "they feed only on warm human flesh". The fact of their reluctance to consume other meat also leads to a major plot development in Day.

MoonSylver
26-Nov-2008, 04:46 AM
Very nice! Allen Van Sprang looks different with that beard. George is lookin' good! Looks a lot healthier than in some of the past pic's I've seen. (Can't help but worry about the ol' gent!)

AcesandEights
26-Nov-2008, 03:46 PM
George is lookin' good! Looks a lot healthier than in some of the past pic's I've seen.

I was wondering if it was just me who felt that way. He definitely looks lively!

MontagMOI
26-Nov-2008, 09:05 PM
Thanks for that, Lee - you are a indeed a rockstar.

Eat Flesh
29-Nov-2008, 05:58 AM
Excellent report. I enjoyed that and thanks. When you take little tidbits from each little interview and piece them together you get a pretty good idea of what the film is about.

DubiousComforts
29-Nov-2008, 06:56 PM
My only concern is the idea of zombies eating a horse. Doesn't that conflict quite strongly with what has gone before?
It doesn't actually state that zombies eat a horse, but rather "there's horse carcasses and people feeding on one."

Nice work, Lee. I wish that all movie sites could dispense with the me-first-cloak-and-dagger bullsh*t attitudes and post news similar to the well-written example that you have given us here, but obviously that is too much to ask which is why I avoid the lot of them.

offwithherhead
07-Dec-2008, 04:44 AM
Hey Lee,
Great job, again!
Alex K.

thxleo
07-Dec-2008, 02:54 PM
Hey Lee,
Great job, again!
Alex K.

Thanks Alex! It was great to see you again on the set, it was a wonderful visit. Hope you are doing well!

Lee