PDA

View Full Version : My xbox died...!!

SymphonicX
24-Nov-2008, 12:17 PM
Bloody three days into Left 4 Dead, and the bloody video card has died...sure, it's being replaced...and I'm borrowing a mate's xbox as replacement for a while - but damnit!!!! I thought Elites were better than the older ones, but obviously it's more of m$ and their badly made hardware...that's my second xbox repair now....arghh

bassman
24-Nov-2008, 01:28 PM
If its being replaced and you even have a temporary system until then...what's the problem?:rockbrow:

MikePizzoff
24-Nov-2008, 02:25 PM
This is why I bought my [third] 360 from Best Buy; so I could get their 3-year warranty, which is only $30, that way if my XBOX ever ****s up I can just take it to them and they'll immediately give me a replacement. I'm not going to wait around for Microsoft to send me back a refurbished machine when Best Buy will give me a brand new one.

Danny
24-Nov-2008, 04:17 PM
lol?:p

if its rrod just ring ms and theyll exchange it for free, if not, make it overheat till it IS rrod;)

Cody
24-Nov-2008, 04:41 PM
I've neevr had a problem with my 360, well once it eat up Dead Rising, but that was because it was verticle on a long play

SymphonicX
24-Nov-2008, 05:53 PM
It's not RROD but it is being replaced regardless...thank God....it's still a problem, because like some people here who this happened to after GTA4 came out, I was well looking forward to spending some time enjoying L4D, but damnit damnit damnit!!!!

Tricky
24-Nov-2008, 06:14 PM
Im glad i never bought one,from all the stuff ive heard they have to be the most unreliable console in history!

Yojimbo
24-Nov-2008, 06:30 PM
It's not RROD but it is being replaced regardless...thank God....it's still a problem, because like some people here who this happened to after GTA4 came out, I was well looking forward to spending some time enjoying L4D, but damnit damnit damnit!!!!

Dude, I know how this feels, and I also know how little sympathy you will get from some about this. My first xbox 360 ate not only GTA4, but Dead Rising as well, and then went to hell when I was playing my second copy of GTA4. Like Mike, I went to Best Buy and shelled out for their warranty when I recently got my new console. It's not that I hate xbox, but it is obvious to me that there must be something inherently wrong with their design given the widespread issues.

SymphonicX
24-Nov-2008, 07:06 PM
Im glad i never bought one,from all the stuff ive heard they have to be the most unreliable console in history!

This is true - but it's also the greatest in history...

Skippy911sc
24-Nov-2008, 07:20 PM
I still have my original 360, bought the day they came out...knock on wood...No problems yet...except that the vid cord came out a little once and caused a RROD but a push in the back and pop it was fine. I did install one of those madcatz fan things right away when the reports started to come in about the heat thing...I feel bad for all who have had an issue. Good luck with your rebuild.

Tricky
24-Nov-2008, 07:43 PM
This is true - but it's also the greatest in history...

the PS1 holds that crown i think,back in '98 i didnt know anybody who didnt own one!visually its tailing behind the PS3 a bit as well,although probably not noticably to most console gamers.
However,i wont be owning either the PS3 or the 360,as my PC wipes the floor with both of them after rubbing their noses in dog turds :p

SymphonicX
24-Nov-2008, 08:05 PM
Ahhh the PC is better argument...all I can say to that is....well, enjoy it while it's in date. One thing i love about consoles, they have about 7 years in them...PCs have about 3 months...still, enjoy!

Ps1 was great wasn't it? MGS, Wipeout, Resi Evil...great games, legends in their own right...they set the stone for gaming just like Dawn did for zombie movies...absolutely stunning...

But I guess, it's been outclassed now, but if it wasn't for ps1, we would be playing philips CDis or something...lol

Tricky
24-Nov-2008, 08:11 PM
well,my PC is a year old now & im still running all the cutting edge games on the highest settings,and ive still got a spare graphics card slot & several ram slots i can fill,it'll last me at least til the X-box & ps3 have run their course :D

SymphonicX
24-Nov-2008, 08:15 PM
I got a pretty sick PC too - what do you think to it:

AMD 2.0ghz dual core 3800
2gb ram
nvidia geforce 8600gts 256mb....

But I just can't be arsed to play PC games...!

Tricky
24-Nov-2008, 08:30 PM
i mostly tend to use my PC for console style games actually,mainly first person shooters!although im quite partial to "proper PC games" like company of heroes,medieval 2,sudden strike etc when im in the mood :)

SymphonicX
24-Nov-2008, 08:38 PM
ahh RTS games? can't stand them...need to blow things up big time!!! Defo more up for FPS, and *maybe* some RpG like fallout, but it's gotta have guns, swearing, and lots of red barrels to shoot!

Tricky
24-Nov-2008, 08:54 PM
have you played company of heroes though dude?its an RTS,but you get to blow things up big time,& the graphics are gorgeous!you can play in the traditional top down view,or you can get right down in the dirt with the infantry,definitely not a boring RTS that one :D

SymphonicX
24-Nov-2008, 09:17 PM
Yeah i've got that one actually...It looks brilliant I'll give you that...but still...defo not for me...last RTS I played was Populous: The Beginning...that was fun! But I never was overly bothered with it...

Does Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 count as an RTS? I lost weeks of my life to that the last time my xbox died...designed my own theme park from scratch, used all the scenery, opened it, only to realise the crowds shimmied down one side of the park and only used like two areas...! hahaha should've made the bloody paths 2/3 times thicker....boooo!

There was a western, atlantis, sci-fi, jungle worlds, a zoo, a swimming world, man it was awesome....had mountains with rollercoasters in and through it, everything!!

MinionZombie
25-Nov-2008, 09:50 AM
Hey, FPS games are proper PC games I'll have you know, they were on the PC before they were on consoles, and FPS games are where the PC traditionally brings its next big advancements (e.g. Doom 3 or Half Life 2 or Crysis).

I'll hopefully be getting my new beastly rig soon ... Quad Core, 3gb RAM, GTX 260 or 280 gfx card ... *gets a semi* :elol:

Tricky
25-Nov-2008, 10:45 AM
I'll hopefully be getting my new beastly rig soon ... Quad Core, 3gb RAM, GTX 260 or 280 gfx card ... *gets a semi* :elol:

I hope that comes with a complimentary box of Kleenex!:lol:

MinionZombie
25-Nov-2008, 11:34 AM
I hope that comes with a complimentary box of Kleenex!:lol:
I'll be able to buy a bumper box, all thanks to our lord & saviour Gordon Brown ... oh wait, that's supposed to be Alistair Darling these days isn't it? You wouldn't have thought though, ha!

Say it's £1300, I'll 'save' £32.50 ... *sarcasm on* wowwwwww *sarcasm off*. Yes, I can use that to pay for the KVM Switch I'll be needing, but if I can afford to spend £1300, I can afford an extra thirty quid. Hence the reason this VAT cut is being met with a decided "meh" from the nation, and the economists.

Blimey, there is a fair amount of sarcasm in this post so far, eh? Let's correct that with a nerdgasm...

But yes, I most certainly WILL need a hefty spoodge rag to mop up the Randy Marsh style explosion of jizzy juice when I get my mits on it, damn I love getting a new computer, it's just one of those things in life you really enjoy and get an unbridled, child-like glee from. :)

Tricky
25-Nov-2008, 12:27 PM
I'll be able to buy a bumper box, all thanks to our lord & saviour Gordon Brown ... oh wait, that's supposed to be Alistair Darling these days isn't it? You wouldn't have thought though, ha!

Say it's £1300, I'll 'save' £32.50 ... *sarcasm on* wowwwwww *sarcasm off*. Yes, I can use that to pay for the KVM Switch I'll be needing, but if I can afford to spend £1300, I can afford an extra thirty quid. Hence the reason this VAT cut is being met with a decided "meh" from the nation, and the economists.

Blimey, there is a fair amount of sarcasm in this post so far, eh? Let's correct that with a nerdgasm...

But yes, I most certainly WILL need a hefty spoodge rag to mop up the Randy Marsh style explosion of jizzy juice when I get my mits on it, damn I love getting a new computer, it's just one of those things in life you really enjoy and get an unbridled, child-like glee from. :)

Dont even get me started on darth brown/darlings budget report yet,maybe later... :elol:

But aye,theres nothing better than firing up an all singing all dancing brand spanking new PC,first off you adjust all your settings,then you install all your old games & marvel at how pretty they now look (which also makes you realise how old your last PC had got) then comes the moment you install the seasons "must have" eye candy game,such as crysis to me last year,and you start feeling a semi-on cos of how lush it looks!after that the standard is set & you find it difficult not to turn your nose up at games with lesser visuals from there on!

SymphonicX
25-Nov-2008, 12:27 PM
I very much doubt companies will be passing on that 2% to consumers...

Tricky
25-Nov-2008, 05:23 PM
I very much doubt companies will be passing on that 2% to consumers...

And even if they do,its completely worthless,especially as most of us drive & are therefore still going to be making up the VAT cut on the upped fuel duty!I hope voters arent falling for this sham by thinking that brown is fixing things when he clearly isnt

MinionZombie
25-Nov-2008, 05:50 PM
And even if they do,its completely worthless,especially as most of us drive & are therefore still going to be making up the VAT cut on the upped fuel duty!I hope voters arent falling for this sham by thinking that brown is fixing things when he clearly isnt
Well, if I dare take us further off topic, the economists aren't falling for it in the slightest, and the newspapers - even the lefty ones that usually cow-tow to Labour's nonsense - aren't falling for it.

Also it's good that the opposition are getting out there and getting their mugs on the telly, because that's purely the only reason that Labour clawed back any poll points - cos they were the only faces on telly, and the news media (BBC especially, and now increasingly so with Sky News :() are desperate to peddle their own political agenda - when they're SUPPOSED to be unbiased and serving the entire nation (who vote many ways).

In the end of the day, you need to be on telly most if not all days, hammering your point home and using simple phrases over and over to drum the message home to those who haven't already made up their minds, or whom don't bother looking beyond next week and just believe anything the government tells them hook, line and sinker.

*gasps*

CHAAAAARRRRRRGGGEEEEE!!!!

SymphonicX
25-Nov-2008, 06:21 PM
What frustrates me, is that a part of me thinks that those who choose to stick their necks out and bull**** Brown into the ground, whilst on the outside is a good thing, is actually causing more damage by making the markets even weaker. Like ****ing Osbourne and his bull****, he's just as damaging as Darling who blurted out **** about us being in "the deepest recession ever" tantamount to saying "we're all going to die"....and this was at the start of the problem, and what happened the next day? The markets dropped...

Sometimes peddling your own political agenda can make things worse, rather than providing a real means for debate...and I've yet to see any conservative solutions to this mess....

MinionZombie
26-Nov-2008, 10:18 AM
Well there's plenty of Conservative ideas that get pinched by Labour, and then cobbled around, all at the same time as Labour trotting out the same phrases that perpetuate the lie about Tory public spending cuts - it would not be less nurses, doctors and so on, it'd be less waste, red tape and bureaucracy which Labour has increased and increased.

As for Osborne, his comments about the pound had already been a hot topic on trading floors and amongst the financial elite, heck, even the average folk in financial services.

It's up to the opposition parties to not tell you what the gubment are telling you, and while it's in the interest of the opposition to get themselves into power, it's certainly in the interest of the gubment in power to lie as much as possible and obscure figures as much as possible to stay clinging to power.

Essentially what Labour are up to is a "scorched earth" policy, basically cause a gigantic f*ck up that they most likely won't have to fix - basically, it's the 1970s all over again, thanks a bunch Bastard Brown.

The financial folk will know far sooner than us mere mortals in the great unwashed, who learn about things in the papers and on TV news, about any potential risks, dangers, changes etc to the Sterling, or already be thinking independently that it's gonna go arse up...all this "talk down the pound" stuff Brown lumbers out with his clunking fist is bollocks, we're being told the truth about the pound and we should know.

We are in a worse position than many other top countries, simply because this moronic bunch called Labour have borrowed vast sums during the good years - when you should be storing up your proverbial nuts for the sure-to-come winter, rather than having a massive party style binge during the good times and then have a gigantic hang over when it pisses it down raining and the proverbial squirrel can't do sh*t.

We should know if we're in a huge puddle of liquid sh*t, the nation needs to know, and it'll certainly find out sooner or later as people are being shelled out of work, as people find themselves with less and less money to spend - which is a huge issue, because our economy is so based on us lot shopping for stuff.

Of course, that in itself has been a huge problem - morons buying sh*t they don't need, or buying stuff they can't afford, or taking loans they simply cannot afford to pay back - morons accepting vast sums of money from other morons who believe it can be paid back/don't care if it can't be paid back - that's simply moronic.

Also, Labour's absolute glee to "bash the bankers" is essentially an alternate to their preferred home territory of the now out-of-date class war, and bashing the bankers is as stupid and pointless.

Really, the only people to blame in the banking system, and the ones right up at the top - the few amongst the very many - and these are the bastards that run these banks into the ground, and get paid off with huge severance packages. "Bankers" as a term is so vast and wide, and actually the banking industry is filled with lots of normal, everyday people like you and me, people with families to feed and a mortgage to pay - it's their job, they're not earning big amounts, even if it is technically above the "national average".

But of course, money doesn't go anywhere as far as it used to, because the numpties that are Labour have raised taxes higher and higher and higher, to preposterous levels across the board, and through the proverbial back door through a variety of stealth taxes that only the professional financial folk can figure out (hence the scale of the deception coming out about this Xmas 'rescue' package).

In the good times you should have lower taxes and even tax cuts - yet somehow Labour got it all ass-backwards and the taxes went constantly up and up. My family is far from flush with cash, we haven't been on a holiday in absolutely ages (over a decade), my Mum waited years and years for new carpets, we don't do any flash decorating, we've had the same two cars for ages ... and my family is getting absolutely rinsed for tax, and that's merely the tip of the ice berg when you start thinking about the various other taxes, and then energy bills - and those are bloody expensive, and we're obsessive about not wasting energy, far more so than the average punter I'm sure.

Labour refuse the notion of debate, they won't debate directly - be it televised or not - as much as humanly possible with the opposition, they claim any opinion other than their own is non-British, or wholly incorrect (which is the most daft sack of sh*t I've ever heard). They're bullies in power and they've ran riot with the public trust, and the public money.

Whoever trusts these idiots today needs their heads examined...

*gasps*

Rant over ... bloody nora, I've just realised this is an Xbox RROD thread. :lol: