PDA

View Full Version : Dawn 156 Min. German Cut

J_A_Martell
24-Nov-2008, 09:25 PM
I know that this exists. Does anyone on here have it? I'd be willing to pay for a dub on either VHS or DVD...

If no one has this, I've also heard rumors of a 148 min. edition...does this exist either?

It'd be cool if someone could upload scenes that are substantially different or new onto youtube or something...

Andy
24-Nov-2008, 09:58 PM
I Have the "krekel" cut of dawn, which is the rare 156min version your talking about, if you look around you can pick it up for about £30.. obviously not an original but if you just want to see it and say you own it.

lullubelle
24-Nov-2008, 10:33 PM
I own three versions of this movie, with the extended version being the longest one at 139 mins, now the one you are talking about is a bit longer, does anybody know how many versions of this movie are out there I thought I had all of them, and is it worth it for me to track down this german version

Andy
24-Nov-2008, 10:40 PM
Well i own the european cut, the american directors cut, the extended cut, the old english directors cut with 6 seconds cut, and the new english directors cut with the 6 seconds included, the german krekel 156 cut, a english 156min cut a very good friend of mine made, and that is all i will say about that so dont ask.

There's alot more though, there are hundreds of different cuts from all over the world.

capncnut
24-Nov-2008, 11:19 PM
It'd be cool if someone could upload scenes that are substantially different or new onto youtube or something...
Well the 156 minute version is nothing more than all three versions (theatrical, extended and european) spliced into one definitive version sewing up all the different scenes in each. If you have the Ultimate Edition box set of Dawn then you aren't really missing anything.

lullubelle
25-Nov-2008, 03:28 AM
Well i own the european cut, the american directors cut, the extended cut, the old english directors cut with 6 seconds cut, and the new english directors cut with the 6 seconds included, the german krekel 156 cut, a english 156min cut a very good friend of mine made, and that is all i will say about that so dont ask.

There's alot more though, there are hundreds of different cuts from all over the world.

YIKES !!!!, thats a lot of cuts :clown: :clown: :clown:

RustyHicks
25-Nov-2008, 07:30 PM
That looks nice twistbud

Would be interesting to see the film all put together like that

Andy
25-Nov-2008, 10:56 PM
Unfortunatly twistbud, Dawn is protected material and as the creator of that DVD does not have permission to redistribute it, it is classed as pirated.

Therefore we cannot allow it to be publically advertised or endorsed on HPotD, as pirated materials are strictly forbidden by our rules.

twistbud
25-Nov-2008, 11:08 PM
Unfortunatly twistbud, Dawn is protected material and as the creator of that DVD does not have permission to redistribute it, it is classed as pirated.

Therefore we cannot allow it to be publically advertised or endorsed on HpotD, as pirated materials are strictly forbidden by our rules.

Sorry..:(

Cody
26-Nov-2008, 02:47 AM
What is the rarest hard to find cut?

capncnut
26-Nov-2008, 10:16 AM
What is the rarest hard to find cut?
The original 170+ minute cut that George initially put together. It's so rare that folks are certain it no longer exists. :(

Doc
27-Nov-2008, 01:34 AM
The original 170+ minute cut that George initially put together. It's so rare that folks are certain it no longer exists. :(

Oh snap really? Didn't know there was still 14 mins of footage of the film left.:stunned:

So Night has 6 mins cut, Dawn 14 mins cut, and Day about 24 mins if I'm right? So any hope that these cuts will ever surface.:(

Griff
27-Nov-2008, 07:27 AM
Maybe Gornick stole the 170 min cut of DAWN, too...

24 minutes cut from DAY? That's news to me. 'The Zombies That Ate Pittsburgh' book said it was closer to 10 minutes but even that may be incorrect. I asked Savini once if he could recall anything that was shot but didn't make it into the movie and he said that what you saw was pretty much what they shot. Certainly nothing substantial is missing.

krakenslayer
27-Nov-2008, 11:27 AM
Oh snap really? Didn't know there was still 14 mins of footage of the film left.:stunned:

So Night has 6 mins cut, Dawn 14 mins cut, and Day about 24 mins if I'm right? So any hope that these cuts will ever surface.:(

Incidentally, there is also supposed to be three hour cut of Martin in (or no longer in) existence too.

J_A_Martell
28-Nov-2008, 06:51 PM
I believe romero also said that there was an original B&W negative of Martin that got lost as well...