PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Heard of the "The Wrestler" ?

3pidemiC
26-Nov-2008, 03:52 PM
Just noticed this film on RT...

Comes out sometime in the next month I supposed. I guess it's DTDVD.

Check out the trailer:

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi4137747225/

It's supposed to be very good.

bassman
26-Nov-2008, 04:03 PM
Been looking forward to it for quite some time. I love all of Aronofsky's work.

And as you said, this thing has been tearing up festivals and such. Apparently it's extremely well made, which isn't really a surprise if you're familiar with Aronofsky's work.

Here's the trailer for the people too lazy to click on the link.:p

p_TDzemiYu4&hl=en&fs=1

axlish
26-Nov-2008, 06:47 PM
I am looking forward to this one. I think DDP stunt doubles for Mickey.

MissJacksonCA
01-Dec-2008, 01:00 AM
Saw it at a film festival in Sarasota a few weeks ago... and all I can say is it was awesome! I dont care for Mickey Rourke as an actor because I feel like all he can do is the same persona over and over but in this film he actually acted and it brought tears to my eyes. Deffnly worth the watch :thumbsup:

MoonSylver
01-Dec-2008, 04:04 AM
Saw it at a film festival in Sarasota a few weeks ago... and all I can say is it was awesome! I dont care for Mickey Rourke as an actor because I feel like all he can do is the same persona over and over but in this film he actually acted and it brought tears to my eyes. Deffnly worth the watch :thumbsup:

Not a huge fan of his earlier work, but for some reason when he became less handsome/ got older I started digging it more. "Once Upon A Time In Mexico" I thought he was good in (albeit a small part). And "Sin City"? Awesome.

MissJacksonCA
02-Dec-2008, 03:40 AM
Will check out OUTIM... kept meaning to just never got around to it...

clanglee
02-Dec-2008, 03:50 AM
Not a huge fan of his earlier work, but for some reason when he became less handsome/ got older I started digging it more. "Once Upon A Time In Mexico" I thought he was good in (albeit a small part). And "Sin City"? Awesome.

Yeah, he is definitely coming into his own recently. A late bloomer as far as talent goes I guess. Tho Angel Heart was decent (mmmmm. . naked Lisa Bonet).

MoonSylver
02-Dec-2008, 06:31 AM
Yeah, he is definitely coming into his own recently. A late bloomer as far as talent goes I guess. Tho Angel Heart was decent (mmmmm. . naked Lisa Bonet).

Yeah, I wasn't totally opposed to him back in the day. I dig "Harley Davidson & the Marlboro Man" (for some odd reason). For some reason though, now that he's not as "pretty" it seems like it's giving this acting more grit...more of an edge...

Eagle Eye
02-Dec-2008, 10:33 AM
Not my type of movie, But I will check it out.

bassman
02-Dec-2008, 08:36 PM
Not my type of movie, But I will check it out.

Never let a trailer fool you. Sometimes a trailer can represent absolutely nothing of what the film actually is. Not saying that's the case with this film, just that trailers are only marketing tools and they can twist them anyway they like if they think it will put people in seats.

DeadJonas190
03-Dec-2008, 06:27 AM
I am watching this next Thursday, the host of the movie club I belong to secured a copy of the film. I am excited, it looks really good and I like that they used a lot of indy wrestling federations in it, including my favorite, Ring of Honor. From what I have read, this film is starting to garner a lot of oscar buzz for best picture.